• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

"It's complicated"? -- No it isn't, fuck off Barca - £113 Million bid rejected

Well, the answer is to say you want to go to a team that will win things. That's it. Once you go on to suggest that you're too good for your current team and are not responsible in any way for its past failures, that's when you're inviting questions that you might not welcome the answers.

As for Gerrard, he's one of a very, very, small select group who probably could say they were unlucky to be in the team(s) that they were, but generally it's not all self-evident that a decent player is so much more deserving than any of his teammates and would thus merit going to another team that is already capable of winning without him.

Have a look at Leicester's winning team.

I'd say one could make a case for many Liverpool players, who didn't win the league, doing well enough individually to have deserved having a league title to their name. As there were a few individuals in the 60s, 70s and 80s who, as individuals, arguably didn't deserve to have a league title to their name. But it's a team game, and it's quite a claim that you are responsible for anything good that the team achieves but were not responsible for anything bad. Is Coutinho really that good? I don't think so. He's had one good season after several infuriatingly inconsistent ones, and even last season there were several games in which he signally failed to prove himself to be the match winner he now seems to think he is. I guess all of his teammates failed him.

And maybe you and your mate Mark don't care about mutual respect but I do. Personal ambition's fine, but cut out the other crap about how teammates have let you down.
So you're suggesting he should stay becuase he owes us something as he and his teammates failed to deliver us a trophy?

I agree obviously that refusing to play is unacceptable and I also agree that he signed a contract that he should respect in the event that we refuse to sell, I just don't agree that it's a dick move to ask for a transfer - I think he's well within his rights as he has been offered the chance to play in Champions Leauge Finals and compete for domestic titles - which we are not offering him.

Is this similar to Rafa's "I'm here to coach the players" passive aggressive complaints to the press?

After this first half, price just went up.

It shouldn't have done. Coutinho has usually been crap in these kinds of games, including one of his crappest performances ever against Watford when we lost 3-0. Of course that fact will now be ignored by all the pundits who've suddenly decided he's a world class player.

That's more into relation of Squad Depth rather than Coutinhio

From 6 mins onwards

Questions from jouno were: are you upset with the way he has handled things, does the request change anything from your angle

• if i would be upset with the player i would tell himself
  • what about the transfer request? (speaks to person beside - media officer?) if i wish i can speak about it?...i didn't get it
  • as a manager in a football club, i have bosses. and if bosses decide, for example just in general, we sell a player or we don't sell him, then I have to accept it.
  • if they don't sell him then i'm not involved anymore then i'm responsible for all players, not just 1, not just 2, not just 3
  • i cannot say anything about it. only thing is i work with the players i have - that's what i was always doing. how can it change something for me? i didn't make the decision
Klopp was answering questions so I think he was just upfront rather than trying to express discontent etc.

However, it does serves as a reminder that the Sporting Director and TC (which includes Mike Gordon) has a much bigger say over transfer dealings than Klopp/the manager.

Last edited:

From 6 mins onwards

Questions from jouno were: are you upset with the way he has handled things, does the request change anything from your angle

• if i would be upset with the player i would tell himself
  • what about the transfer request? (speaks to person beside - media officer?) if i wish i can speak about it?...i didn't get it
  • as a manager in a football club, i have bosses. and if bosses decide, for example just in general, we sell a player or we don't sell him, then I have to accept it.
  • if they don't sell him then i'm not involved anymore then i'm responsible for all players, not just 1, not just 2, not just 3
  • i cannot say anything about it. only thing is i work with the players i have - that's what i was always doing. how can it change something for me? i didn't make the decision
Klopp was answering questions so I think he was just upfront rather than trying to express discontent etc.

However, it does serves as a reminder that the Sporting Director and TC (which includes Mike Gordon) has a much bigger say over transfer dealings than Klopp/the manager.

I don't think it does.

There's a point at which decisions must go above the manager and other directors to the ownership. We're there with Coutinho.

I don't get the impression any one other than Klopp is calling the shots on general transfers

I did not think I'd ever think like this but I'd gladly accept it if we became a billionaire's plaything.

I mean we're owned by lizards anyway and football's soul is long gone - so hey ho.

FSG statement counts for fuck all. They were in advanced negotiations with Chelsea the last time they made such a definitive statement on a transfer. I think it's less likely he will go then Torres but it's certainly not because of FSGs statement on the matter.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I think FSG's statement was basically a fuck you to Coutinho.
They had the 'transfer request,' and they knew they were saying no.
Is Ross's theory what was 'meant' to happen? Were were replacing him with Keita? I have no clue - I don't care.
We failed there - so now we have force the fucker to stay and play up to his level. He does, and we will be fine this year. If he wants to fuck us - we fuck his career up and refuse to sell him regardless during his whole contract. Fuck him - he was going no where when we picked him up.

I think FSG's statement was basically a fuck you to Coutinho.
They had the 'transfer request,' and they knew they were saying no.
Is Ross's theory what was 'meant' to happen? Were were replacing him with Keita? I have no clue - I don't care.
We failed there - so now we have force the fucker to stay and play up to his level. He does, and we will be fine this year. If he wants to fuck us - we fuck his career up and refuse to sell him regardless during his whole contract. Fuck him - he was going no where when we picked him up.
That's my man!

But I can't see our owners giving up a £120M worth asset just like that...

The timing of the statement was bizarre, one hour before his transfer request.

Haha. The timing was bizarre because it came before the transfer request? It pulled the transfer request.... if the timing was now, the transfer request would be in an hour.

Back
Top Bottom