• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

"It's complicated"? -- No it isn't, fuck off Barca - £113 Million bid rejected

Did Klopp say at some stage during his tenure that he only wants players at Liverpool that want to play for Liverpool?

We're gonna force him to stay and demand that he apologises to the staff, fans and teammates for being a whore.
Give him the Sakho treatment Klopp. Please!

Not at all Gerry. We could say, thanks Phil. Don't bother coming in for a year. Miss the world cup, and we'll still get around £40m for you next year.

We have the stronger hand here.

Frog fish your team must be awesome right now? Coutinho is off, we all knew it. We are cunts.
Good to see you admit it.

And the team looks damn good in the Watford thread - though of course you wouldn't be able to see it with all that shite in your eyes.

And off ? Bet you were one of those saying that when Suarez wanted to leave too. Some people just live to be negative, you are one of them. Must be a right miserable git in real life.

He may yet leave of course but neither of us know that, we can but speculate. I speculate he'll stay for another season.

Maybe he signed the contract under promises we would strenghten our team, which we, very sadly, are not doing.
  1. We HAVE strengthened our team

2. The mercurial little git has been snuffed out of enough games to acquire more of a degree of humility to stand back and find his teammates wanting.

I love, not, how these pompous arseholes contrive to extract themselves from the team and then chastise the team for under-performing. THEY were IN the team. THEY were part of the reason the team under-performed.

He's only 6 weeks into his current contract. Fuck giving him another one.

The club holds the cards here. Financially we don't have to sell because we've spent next to fuck all. Only sell him if we've got 3 quality players in and we know that's not happening.

Did Klopp say at some stage during his tenure that he only wants players at Liverpool that want to play for Liverpool?

Yes. But we have to see the fact that we have spent whole summer on working with a team including Coutinho. If he didn't want to be part he should have made it clear in June latest.

It says volumes if a player who hasn't yet reached his peak wants to have the easy life and play for a team where 99.9% of the time, you can probably just coast along not having to pull your tripe out and still win comfortably. What happened to trying to actually prove yourself where you are?

I love, not, how these pompous arseholes contrive to extract themselves from the team and then chastise the team for under-performing. THEY were IN the team. THEY were part of the reason the team under-performed.
That's all well and good, but he can either stay at a club that will obviously not win anything, indeed with him being part of it and part of the blame for it.
Or, he can go to a team where he can win trophies, so it really doesn't matter of it's his fault or not that we have not won anything.
You can say what you just said about Gerrard too, he was also part of teams that have never won the title, that means he didn't deserve to have a league title to his name?

What is the point in actually trying to replace him now? It's all well and good saying accept as much as possible now, but we shouldn't accept any amount because:

1. It's too late in the day. It's panic buy season, and we've already established Klopp doesn't want anyone else except Keita and Van Dijk.

2. The whole world will know we'd have £100m plus burning a hole in our pockets.

3. We've got money anyway. It's not like we need it.

4. We'd look like bigger fucking mugs if we accepted.

5. Our scouts are fucking shite. We'd only fucking replace him with overpriced shite that we will be trying to flog in 12 months. Lanzini and Redmond for 100 mil or something.

I'm surprised people are on FSG's back all of a sudden. Isn't this what we knew they were all about when they bought us? Sign them young and unproven, build them up, sell for profit and reinvest to continue at the same level. Coutinho is absolute paydirt for them. 8M to (probable) 110M. Result. We might not like it but isn't that what was advertised when they came?

I'm surprised people are on FSG's back all of a sudden. Isn't this what we knew they were all about when they bought us? Sign them young and unproven, build them up, sell for profit and reinvest to continue at the same level. Coutinho is absolute paydirt for them. 8M to (probable) 110M. Result. We might not like it but isn't that what was advertised when they came?

Then it's time that they are the ones to move on, not our best players every season

Maybe he signed the contract under promises we would strenghten our team, which we, very sadly, are not doing.

I love him and he is our best player, but I can understand his viewpoint.
Billionaires entering football have rendered this club un-competitive and mediocre.

Had he retired here, he would be left with absolutley zero trophies won, and he deserves much more, especailly now that a spot in Barca's starting line-up just opened up.

In the end of the day, If I were a football player playing for a team that obvioulsy needs strenghtening in order to compete, and I had the chance to go to and play for the team I probably supported as a kid, which happens to be the biggest club in the world right now, I think yeah I'd probably be interested. And very much more so if my current club promised me they would strenghten and then don't.
"supported as a kid"-I think someone has put this myth about South Americans to rest-they have their own clubs to support.Don't doubt he has come to think of Barca as one of the pinnacles since coming to Europe.All this guff about his ambition though-where was his career going when we gambled eight million on an Inter flop?And the supposed breakdown with Klopp is Barca driven propaganda of the most obvious kind which Couthino should be ashamed to put his name to.

Well the problem there is that we also need some form of success in order to keep revenue's up. If we sell our best players that is obviously going to be impossible. I think FSG is in it for the money of course but I mean what's the point in investing in a world class manager and a new stand if success isn't one of their goals as well?
We can't keep living off our history forever.

I just want a player to be good and around for long enough that someone bothers to come up with a song. They need to be good, but not that good, like singing a song about the best tofu you ever ate.

It says volumes if a player who hasn't yet reached his peak wants to have the easy life and play for a team where 99.9% of the time, you can probably just coast along not having to pull your tripe out and still win comfortably. What happened to trying to actually prove yourself where you are?

Given that someone is willing to spend a hundred million on him, I think it's safe to say he has proven his worth.

Good to see you admit it.

And the team looks damn good in the Watford thread - though of course you wouldn't be able to see it with all that shite in your eyes.

And off ? Bet you were one of those saying that when Suarez wanted to leave too. Some people just live to be negative, you are one of them. Must be a right miserable git in real life.

He may yet leave of course but neither of us know that, we can but speculate. I speculate he'll stay for another season.

Oh do shut up you idiot.

So they said when they bought us that they weren't interested in winning things, just making revenue buying, improving & selling players?

Cos I'm pretty sure they said the exact opposite.

Now, I'm not saying I'm stupid enough to believe them, but not challenging someone when they have lied to you & gone against their word is not an option imo.

He'll go and the sunshine brigade will search frantically for a silver lining.
There really isn't one, when you're a selling club run by owners who want to sustain income, rather than be ambitious and spend to compete. The only way we've spent massively under them is when we've sold players. It'll be the same with Mane next.

The statement from FSG makes it nearly impossible for them to sanction a sale without losing face and the fans.

Coutinho will just have to accept another 12 months and leave next summer.
Its a World cup year, so he'll perform.

If there was any possibilty of getting an exicting replacement, I'd sell the wee shite after yesterdays actions. But fuck it, keep him.
Show some balls.

Back
Top Bottom