• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jacques Crevoisier - Is he a SCM member?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, i haven't been able to confirm the £45m LFC turnover, but apparently in 1999 total prem revenues were around £670m, and now they're over £2bn, so it's a three-fold increase for the league as a whole. whatever, i'm convinced that houllier had big, big, money to spend at liverpool, and this crevoisier prick would do well to remember that next time he wants to slag off a manager who spent less and achieved more.

[quote author=peterhague link=topic=42621.msg1212520#msg1212520 date=1289043965]
ok, i haven't been able to confirm the £45m LFC turnover, but apparently in 1999 total prem revenues were around £670m, and now they're over £2bn, so it's a three-fold increase for the league as a whole. whatever, i'm convinced that houllier had big, big, money to spend at liverpool, and this crevoisier prick would do well to remember that next time he wants to slag off a manager who spent less and achieved more.
[/quote]

You get incredibly precious when people take issue with Rafa. All our managers for the last 20 years have failed, I don't see the need to pick a favourite and defend him to the death.

With all the information coming out at the moment you'll have a huge amount of defending to do.

[quote author=peterhague link=topic=42621.msg1212520#msg1212520 date=1289043965]
[/quote]

If I remember correctly, Parry and Moores sold a stake in LFC to Granada Television around then and it was this money that was given to Ged to fund his reign.

Whilst I don't disagree with a lot that this bitter fuck says, why hasn't he mentioned that he was at Liverpool when Messrs Diouf, Diao and Cheyrou joined for around £20m combined.

That, put simply, means get fucked Crevoisier.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=42621.msg1212524#msg1212524 date=1289044489]
[/quote]

You get incredibly precious when people take issue with Rafa. All our managers for the last 20 years have failed, I don't see the need to pick a favourite and defend him to the death.

With all the information coming out at the moment you'll have a huge amount of defending to do.

[/quote]

well as i'm sure you're aware i love an argument. at times it seems you're willing to credit him with little more than a lot of good luck. i'm sure that's not what you really think, but as long as people carry on writing very negative appraisals of what i consider was a job very well done, then i'm going to carry on defending him.

I'd love you to be my boss Peter. I could make the biggest fuck ups imaginable and you'd love me.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=42621.msg1212532#msg1212532 date=1289045785]
I'd love you to be my boss Peter. I could make the biggest fuck ups imaginable and you'd love me.
[/quote]

well i always try not to be too harsh on an unlucky employee.

Pot calling kettle black. Crevoisier makes a fair number of good points, but mixes a skipful of utter garbage in with them. Calling Roy the right manager for Liverpool is just one example. I might add that GH himself never recovered from losing Patrice Bergues and hiring this blowhard as his replacement. The Arse are welcome to him.

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=42621.msg1212526#msg1212526 date=1289044698]
An awful lot of truth in that article
[/quote]

And an equal amount of shite....

Off topic a little but here's a link to a very recent article on his role with the Gunners:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1323983/Meet-Jacques-Crevoisier--brains-Arsene-Wengers-Arsenal-youth-revolution.html
Arsene Wenger's Gunners have all had to pass a psychometric test set by Jacques Crevoisier - the man the Arsenal manager trusts to gauge if his next batch of stars have what it takes.

The 62-year-old psychologist, who has known Wenger for 40 years, has delved into the minds of some of the finest young players Europe has seen, among them Henry, Anelka, Trezeguet, Walcott, Wilshere and Ramsey.

Crevoisier uses a 117-question psychological assessment on youngsters to help managers deduce their strengths and weaknesses.

[quote author=Binny link=topic=42621.msg1212573#msg1212573 date=1289051141]

Crevoisier uses a 117-question psychological assessment on youngsters to help managers deduce their strengths and weaknesses.[/quote]

[/quote]

I bet he's a fucking hoot at the annual parties.

He is to the point but Houllier left Liverpool in a worse state concerning players.

Rafa was poor at bringing in quality players and while he brought in 60 odd players, most are youth in the Reserves and Academy. Its burgeoning with talent.

[quote author=Binny link=topic=42621.msg1212573#msg1212573 date=1289051141]
Off topic a little but here's a link to a very recent article on his role with the Gunners:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1323983/Meet-Jacques-Crevoisier--brains-Arsene-Wengers-Arsenal-youth-revolution.html
Arsene Wenger's Gunners have all had to pass a psychometric test set by Jacques Crevoisier - the man the Arsenal manager trusts to gauge if his next batch of stars have what it takes.

The 62-year-old psychologist, who has known Wenger for 40 years, has delved into the minds of some of the finest young players Europe has seen, among them Henry, Anelka, Trezeguet, Walcott, Wilshere and Ramsey.

Crevoisier uses a 117-question psychological assessment on youngsters to help managers deduce their strengths and weaknesses.

[/quote]

I'll bet being inside Anelka's head was a bundle of fun...

Maybe good old Jacques was the one who convinced Houllier that Anelka wasn't right and we'd be better of signing Diouf?

If I'm not mistaken the Anelka decision was taken before Patrice Bergues left and Crevoisier took over. I remember one or two saying later, after Bergues had gone, that he had advised GH against the decision.

[quote author=RolandG link=topic=42621.msg1212627#msg1212627 date=1289057716]
He is to the point but Houllier left Liverpool in a worse state concerning players.

[/quote]

Although we won the champions League with them, which ironically what Rafa has apparently built his reputation on amongst SCMers....que sera sera

regards

Imagine a manager building his reputation by winning (among others) tha BIGGEST FUCKING CLUB TROPHY IN THE WORLD?

That's beside the point Brendan. What was under discussion was RolandG's claim that "Houllier left Liverpool in a worse state concerning players."

Rafa fucked Courvosiers wife dooo da dooo da.....

[quote author=Portly link=topic=42621.msg1212748#msg1212748 date=1289121808]
That's beside the point Brendan. What was under discussion was RolandG's claim that "Houllier left Liverpool in a worse state concerning players."
[/quote]
I think that's up for debate. We did not have a very good squad at the time. Alonso and Garcia coming in seriously helped. Owen was already leaving when Benitez came in, his replacement was Cisse with Baros our other forward option, our bench consisted of the likes of Biscan, Smicer, Traore (Kewell was permanently injured so Traore played a lot a LB with Riise LM), and although we did well from our right hand side, that was in the main due to Benitez playing Gerrard there.
It was a miracle we won the CL with Houllier's squad plus Alonso and Garcia, and I don't think any other manager could have pulled it off.

[/quote]

When Rafa left our wage bill was over 100 million per year, thats the legacy of his insane transfer policy, with Rafa it was almost like a numbers game stacking the odds in your favour, if you sign 50 players your bound to get a couple right, the ones you get wrong still have to be paid. And how many top players do we have to call upon for that 100 million a year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom