• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

January Dealings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pual Glatzel (I'm sure I've butchered it) has left lfc after 13 years. The 22 year old will join league 2 outfit Swindon Town.

Palhinha seems the most likely 'big' signing EPL wise in this window. Man U want to offload a few more after Van de Beek and Sancho.

Not much else happening? Ivan Toney perhaps?

Palhinha seems the most likely 'big' signing EPL wise in this window. Man U want to offload a few more after Van de Beek and Sancho.

Not much else happening? Ivan Toney perhaps?

toney seems to be the smart money, as both arsenal and chelsea are desperate for a striker.

toney seems to be the smart money, as both arsenal and chelsea are desperate for a striker.

Opportune time to cash in but they haven't been great this year and could be a relegation threat if they're not careful. Luton and Sheffield being absolute garbage provides a bit of a safety net but still...

Liverpool are willing to sell 24-year-old Republic of Ireland goalkeeper Caoimhin Kelleher for £20m this summer and have identified Sunderland's 23-year-old former England Under-21 international Anthony Patterson as his replacement. (Mirror)

I like Newcastle's sob story..."oh we can't buy more players because of FFP"...
Of course you can't because you already spent hundreds on players the last two years and sold nothing basically. Do something with what you've got FFS.

Last edited:
I like Newcastle's sob story..."oh we can't buy more players because of FFP"...
Of course you can't because already spent hundreds on players the last two years and sold nothing basically. Do something with what you've got FFS.
They are... they've got to artificially increase the commercial revenue slowly though...

They are... they've got to artificially increase the commercial revenue slowly though...

Pending the outcome of City’s case - they get off and it’s open season for Newcastle to spend whatever the want.

Its open season for us to spend over 80M, as we have that amount hanging around because we did not buy Caicedo with the 100M, we got Wataru. Unless of course I was right all along, the bid was fucking fake !!!

Its open season for us to spend over 80M, as we have that amount hanging around because we did not buy Caicedo with the 100M, we got Wataru. Unless of course I was right all along, the bid was fucking fake !!!
Just because we might have that amount hanging around, doesn't mean we're gonna spend it for the sake of spending it.

There's got to be a player out there we value highly enough. Then we need to have assurance he'd be willing to join.

Maybe we already have a big money move or 2 lined up in the summer and any signings this month could get in the way.

We only tend to move for a player in Jan if we're forced to , usually if a competitor makes a move before we do. They have Nats, Connor Bradley and Owen Beck who will all want minutes. So as much as I want signings, the club isn't going to spend it is recalling loanees who so far have impressed

Opportune time to cash in but they haven't been great this year and could be a relegation threat if they're not careful. Luton and Sheffield being absolute garbage provides a bit of a safety net but still...
Hey! Luton are only 1 point behind Everton and Burnley are below them. I would love it so much if Luton were to send them down after spending nothing.

Interesting. I know @doctor_mac rates him and has done for a while. He seems a bit injury prone. I haven't seen much of him, would he be a right sided forward (a la Mo) or more of an RCM (a la Szob).
I think his future is part of a front 3
injury prone and known for having an attitude problem which is why he was bombed out at Chelseas academy, at Reading and also has his issues at Palace.
I'll be honest, I'd no idea about this bad attitude thing. If that's true Klopp won't have him, plain and simple. I do think he is an incredible talent though.

I thought he was a bit injury prone until I saw that the hamstring injury he sustained this season isnt representative for his career. He suffered a recurence of the injury but that might be down to coming back to soon as well. Other that that he’s been pretty much fit in his career.

Regarding the poor attitude I can only find a few comments from Stephen Hunt (former Reading player). Not sure how valid.

Klopp wont go for a player with attitude issues, so if we sign him we’ll have done our due dilligence.

It speaks in his favor though that he rejected Chelsea and signed a new deal at Palace.

Olise looks pretty good technically. What's he like pace wise? From the little I've seen, seems okay but not rapid.

Nunez is quick but otherwise we're a little lacking on that front (certainly when compared to when we had Mane / Salah in their prime).

Olise looks pretty good technically. What's he like pace wise? From the little I've seen, seems okay but not rapid.

Nunez is quick but otherwise we're a little lacking on that front (certainly when compared to when we had Mane / Salah in their prime).
I think that's a fair assessment on Olise. Very quick over 5-10 yards sort of thing, and quick thinking, but he's not going to be sprinting away from defences.

Liverpool have joined the race to sign promising Lille OSC’s Leny Yoro (18), who could become the most expensive defender in Ligue 1 history this summer.
@telefoot_TF1

Next week, Leny Yoro signs a 4-year contract with Lille.
Thats unfortunately how the story goes

It speaks in his favor though that he rejected Chelsea and signed a new deal at Palace.
Some players don't ever make the step up though, and are more comfortable in their current settings. Ominously, as was mentioned, Zaha and Wan Bassaka never made it to or at a big club, for one reason or the other.

Liverpool submit “huge cash bid” to sign €40M attacker in January​

by Michael Mongie 15/01/2024 19:20 Last updated Today, 09:31

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Whatsapp Share via Mail Share link
0 Comments
Liverpool have reportedly submitted a "huge cash bid" to sign Juventus attacker Kenan Yildiz despite their initial approach being rejected outright.
A report from Saturday's print edition of Gazzetta dello Sport claimed that Liverpool, Borussia Dortmund and RB Leipzig approached the Serie A side with the view to sign the 18-year-old during the ongoing January transfer window.
They were all told the player is not for sale but on Sunday, the Italian outlet claimed Liverpool have made a massive bid to sign Yildiz anyway.

Liverpool submit “huge cash bid” to sign Kenan Yildiz​

Liverpool submit “huge cash bid” to sign €40M attacker in January

GdS, via TEAM Talk, reports that Liverpool have made a "huge cash bid" to sign Kenan Yildiz before the January window slams shut in just over two weeks.
The young striker is valued at €40 million (£34.4M) and although the exact value of Liverpool's bid is not provided, it's likely to be around this price point.
Allegedly, sporting director Jorg Schmadtke has convinced the board and Jurgen Klopp to make an approach to sign the player but the bid has apparently not met Juventus' "expectations" and was "swiftly" rejected.
Juve have made it abundantly clear to Liverpool and co. that they are not willing to listen to offers for Yildiz this month.
Can't say I know anything about the kid. Watched one highlight reel, it was him getting tripped.
Also, I can't say I am doing that much scouting these days which many are probably happy with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom