• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

January Dealings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some players don't ever make the step up though, and are more comfortable in their current settings. Ominously, as was mentioned, Zaha and Wan Bassaka never made it to or at a big club, for one reason or the other.

For the reported 40 mill I’d take a chance on Olise

It's sad when you invent stories for a living but still havent figured out that the words "Huge Cash bid", "Liverpool" and "18-year old" don't belong in the same sentence.

Unless the sentence is "Liverpool have decided to bid for Matty Cash having monitored the player for the past 18 years, with Ljinders said to be a huge fan"

It's sad when you invent stories for a living but still havent figured out that the words "Huge Cash bid", "Liverpool" and "18-year old" don't belong in the same sentence.

Unless the sentence is "Liverpool have decided to bid for Matty Cash having monitored the player for the past 18 years, with Ljinders said to be a huge fan"
Why not just go withit? At least it will keep @moron happy to know we're in the news for players

It's been mentioned here before, but we're possibly after 18 year old Swedish winger Momodou Sonko.
The player is a bit coy about it, understandably.

In the article he mentions that he keeps hearing about the rumours from his friends and it's annoying him.

- I have some (friends) who are Liverpool fans and some are Barça fans. They want me to go to the club they support. It's kind of funny.

- I get a lot written to me from my friends. It's fun at first but it can be a bit much too.

– I just laugh and tell them to calm down. It's as simple as that.

And if Klopp calls...?

- If he were to call privately, I'd laugh. It is quite unlikely.
- It's easier for him to reach my agents than me. I haven't received that call anyway.

Apparently his team (Häcken) has already rejected bids form him. They're asking for around £8 million.
The other teams looking to sign him are Barcelona, RB Leipzig, Bologna, Ajax, PSV Eindhoven, Anderlecht and Club Brugge.

Source in Swedish:

Why not just go withit? At least it will keep @moron happy to know we're in the news for players
I am not happy mate, it's clear as daylight what we need to win this league this season or give ourselves the best chance, without having to worry about any summer transfers. If those c*nts FSG would just sign Manu Kone, and some LCB - we will be stocked enough to win this league a little easier. Right now - I think it is doable but I can see our players tiring and perhaps getting injuries with the type of run we will need to compete on all fronts. I am so worried about any injuries to any of of our main CB's right now. If anyone of them get's injured we are fucked - forget challenging, 4th place then becomes a priority, and as a starter we should delete the Title Challenge thread, because that is all it will take to derail our title hopes along with any long term injury to Jones/Szobo.

I am not happy mate, it's clear as daylight what we need to win this league this season or give ourselves the best chance, without having to worry about any summer transfers. If those c*nts FSG would just sign Manu Kone, and some LCB - we will be stocked enough to win this league a little easier. Right now - I think it is doable but I can see our players tiring and perhaps getting injuries with the type of run we will need to compete on all fronts. I am so worried about any injuries to any of of our main CB's right now. If anyone of them get's injured we are fucked - forget challenging, 4th place then becomes a priority, and as a starter we should delete the Title Challenge thread, because that is all it will take to derail our title hopes along with any long term injury to Jones/Szobo.

What difference would signing Kone and "some LCB" make?

Kone is recently back from a long injury and plays for a team 10th in the Bundesliga which has only won 1 out of its last 4 games. In the meantime, we have two of the best LCBs in the league. Buying on the basis that one of them will get injured is not a great way to go about things.

Let's go for the best long term prospects. If they can come in January great, let's pay the big money them. If not, get them when we can. We are in a great position because of FFP. If we are buying a "just-in-case" player then he needs to be a swiss-army knife type player a la Gomez, Milner etc who will not need to go through the usual 6 months Klopp bootcamp.

Yeah, "contract termination" doesn't sound like a transfer.

Gift orban has moved to Lyon. Another young player we'll be interested in for triple the price in 2 years

Sounds like it's a free transfer the way they was written.

It was reported yesterday that they wanted most of what they paid in return, so it will be interesting to see.
[automerge]1705477738[/automerge]
Yeah, "contract termination" doesn't sound like a transfer.

Gift orban has moved to Lyon. Another young player we'll be interested in for triple the price in 2 years

He'd have to have a massive upward trajectory for that to happen. I watched him several times over here when playing for Stabæk.

I know its spurious but we're being linked to Levi Colwill, and in all honesty I think he is a bullet dodged. If we go for a CB, I want a beast

What difference would signing Kone and "some LCB" make?

Kone is recently back from a long injury and plays for a team 10th in the Bundesliga which has only won 1 out of its last 4 games. In the meantime, we have two of the best LCBs in the league. Buying on the basis that one of them will get injured is not a great way to go about things.

Let's go for the best long term prospects. If they can come in January great, let's pay the big money them. If not, get them when we can. We are in a great position because of FFP. If we are buying a "just-in-case" player then he needs to be a swiss-army knife type player a la Gomez, Milner etc who will not need to go through the usual 6 months Klopp bootcamp.
Kone is the guy we need to play across and cover for all in midfield to an acceptable level at both 6 and 8, and is press-resistant. It's common consensus that when Endo returns he needs to start due to the balance he provides. I don't necessarily want a destroyer 6, but Endo cannot play all the games and a Kone is a more physical presence with skill in that 6/8 role. Also he could over for Szobo in terms of the energy he provides in that box-to-box role. This second half is going to be tough for us if we want to compete in all competitions.

Matip is out for the reset of the season, and regardless we will have to sign another defender in the summer, with VVD and Matip getting on in terms of age. We should just buy now this January to cover for Matip's absence which I think is an urgent matter. We know both Gomez/Konate are injury prone and could be out for weeks at a time if they pick up a little injury.

I know its spurious but we're being linked to Levi Colwill, and in all honesty I think he is a bullet dodged. If we go for a CB, I want a beast
He signed a new deal in the summer, these lfc twitter accounts must really be bored, kinda feel sorry for them having to scrap the barrel in search of the next made up shit to post. My advice to them would be to go out and find a proper job.

Viktor Gyökeres is reported to be a £73m target for Chelsea, how good is he?
If Chelsea are after him for that sort of money, then probably not very.

I'm sure if you were to ask Modo politely enough he'll have all the scoop on him, rumours has it he played for his boyhood club as a youth prospect.

I know it will never happen, as he is on Salah's wages... However, a loan move with an option to but Kimmich. He an Touchal are not seeing eye-to-eye, and he wants to leave. The touted fee was £50m but now the mirror is saying its gone down to £40m
The German international has a reported value in excess of £40million, a fee Newcastle have been willing to pay in recent windows. The Saudi-owned side signed Tonali in a £55m deal in the summer, before he was later banned for breaching betting rules in Italy, in addition to Harvey Barnes for £38m and Tino Livramento for a fee up to £35m.

I know he's on fire this season, but obviously that needs to be taken with a pinch of salt

Liverpool want to keep Spanish midfielder Thiago Alcantara, 32, but he is attracting interest from Brazilian side Flamengo and Al-Ettifaq of the Saudi Pro League. (Teamtalk)
He is isn't coming back till mid feb at the earliest
Arsenal and Liverpool are interested in signing 22-year-old Wolves and Algeria defenderThe no (Football Transfers)
Doubt it unless we sell Tsimikas. Don't watch Wolves to say how good or bad he is

Just sell thiago.

Ait nouri is great, so if this is smart succession planning, I'm cool with it

He is isn't coming back till mid feb at the earliest

Doubt it unless we sell Tsimikas. Don't watch Wolves to say how good or bad he is
He's a pretty good defender with potential. Really good defensively and tenacious too.
Still, Tsimikas just signed a new contract. I'm not sure if we're letting him go just yet.

Just sell thiago.

Ait nouri is great, so if this is smart succession planning, I'm cool with it
How would we sell Thiago, injured for the last 6 months and only six months remaining on his contract

How would we sell Thiago, injured for the last 6 months and only six months remaining on his contract
Probably bullshit, but maybe he's also on a performance based contract and he's actually fit to play but he'd cost us even more if we played him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom