• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

January/summer targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just watched a YouTube compilation and there are shades of a young C.Ronaldo there. Lots of skill and tricks but looks pretty raw and end product lacking.

What do they reckon he'd cost?

Think some of the stories have been quoted at 20 mill

Thanks for the clarification
It's ok - I did not want to add to your stress and others after the shambolic performance of our team during the weekend. Just so that you know - I think some people have finally got the message regarding the need for reinforcements to this squad. I am expecting us to lose tomorrow - and even on Saturday, that is how bad they are looking right now. Still we have scored the most goals ever in half the season - that is like winning the league for some people on this site - so don't worry.

MORON

One more post about Superman and Rosco closes this thread down..

The Forum Kryptonite

It was your post that I was referring to.

Just to keep on track:-

@JurgenKlopp - unlikely now that he will come in the summer; I was hoping that this kid (is he the American one ?) - that our owners would somehow call his parents and give the old Yankie nod and all to get him signed up for us. But alas we are shit at signing it seems.

Pulisic signs new contract at BVB. Summer move unlikely?
This really depresses me. My expectations for transfer windows with Klopp in charge has nosedived rather drastically. There was a point early on when I felt confident we'd finally sign starlets of the kind Dortmund have been snagging, only to now come to reality that not only wilk they continue to sign the creme de la crop of talents from around the continent and beyond, but also manage to keep theirs too. I don't care if other clubs aren't selling, that shouldn't be our problem. We're a facade of a big club with a small club management, relying on the gaffer to drag the existing squad as far as he can.

This really depresses me. My expectations for transfer windows with Klopp in charge has nosedived rather drastically. There was a point early on when I felt confident we'd finally sign starlets of the kind Dortmund have been snagging, only to now come to reality that not only wilk they continue to sign the creme de la crop of talents from around the continent and beyond, but also manage to keep theirs too. I don't care if other clubs aren't selling, that shouldn't be our problem. We're a facade of a big club with a small club management, relying on the gaffer to drag the existing squad as far as he can.

Be reasonable - it is middle of the season and if his targets are those that are doing really well at their current clubs and getting regular first team football then there is no way. The point is though - we should not just limit our requirements to just top European club footballers; need to take a risk from Brazil, Argentina, and Africa, even Asia - if we can find the right type of player. I don't think we have been doing that but also I have noticed that having Klopp as your coach is not really as attractive to outside players as I had hoped. Can only put this down to certain footballers thinking they would have to work like race horses under him and don't fancy that every game. I know if it was me I would think hard about that.

what?

I couldn't disagree with your reasoning any more if I tried.

Leon Baily rumoured in the Belgian media to have agreed personal terms with Leverkusen.
Hopefully they'll sell us Brandt this summer, if not now.

His agent has said that we are interested. 19 years old. 16 goals in 40 games for Eupen. Yeah, that team...

If we sign no one this transfer window when there is an absolute clear need for a winger of some pace then our scouting department need a fucking big kick in the bollocks. Apologies in advance to those that troll on here who are part of that scouting department - but seriously how stupid can you be to limit your search to just the European leagues and then expect the bigger clubs to just sell their best players to us ? - just like the team's current football the scouting needs a plan B, and C. There is no guarantee that our actual targets would be a success in fact the liklihood is probably equal to signing some carlos kickball from South America. How bad is this ? - after being in top spot, and 2nd spot for a long time we find ourselves in 4th spot with City and United breathing on us. This is just a shamble the whole thing.

In other news, Everton placed a rather desperate £8M bid for Thomas Delaney before he had his debut for Werder Bremen in the weekend. (Source: Liverpool Echo).

The Germans paid around £2M to FC Copenhagen in the Summer for a January deal for Delaney, but Koeman has had his mind set on the midfielder and tried several times to take him off Werder's books ever since, even before he got to play a single game for them. Werder categorically denied the new renewed offer as well.

And now that Delaney got his first game in the Bundesliga over the weekend he is now tied to play for any further clubs until next Season why Everton has now definitely lost out on a target they prob could've snapped up for around £2M in the Summer had they acted accordingly.

PS This young lad with Irish and American ancestry has developed his game immensely over the past few years and are starting to look like a potential top player. The box-to-box type we all hoped Lucas to be. And you don't see many players like him in today's game, his energy-level, his bravery and mentality is up there with the very best. If he does well in Germany Everton could easily face a £20M fee for this lad soon.. *ouch*

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right thread, but some pundit on the radio just said Lallana and Lovren will sign new deals in the next few weeks.

Some Sevilla based newspaper runs a story today that we are looking at Betis LB Riza Durmisi, 23.

I have always had a soft spot for him ever since his early days at Brøndby because I like a pacy, explosive, trickery and direct full back with audacity and confidence. He's got all that.

He's not a big lad by any means but he is one of the most explosive LB's I've ever seen. It's like he kinda just skips past the first few yards which makes it very difficult for defenders and attackers alike to face him. He's been very good at Int. level for Denmark but I have only seen him in glimpses for Sevilla - where he is enjoying his first season and one with a few injuries to battle as well.

Not sure if there's anything to this rumor at all and whether he'd be ready from day one to compete.. but now you know.

Some Sevilla based newspaper runs a story today that we are looking at Betis LB Riza Durmisi, 23.

I have always had a soft spot for him ever since his early days at Brøndby because I like a pacy, explosive, trickery and direct full back with audacity and confidence. He's got all that.

He's not a big lad by any means but he is one of the most explosive LB's I've ever seen. It's like he kinda just skips past the first few yards which makes it very difficult for defenders and attackers alike to face him. He's been very good at Int. level for Denmark but I have only seen him in glimpses for Sevilla - where he is enjoying his first season and one with a few injuries to battle as well.

Not sure if there's anything to this rumor at all and whether he'd be ready from day one to compete.. but now you know.

Betis right?

Betis right?
Yeah indeed, I think I even included that hint in the post.. :D

£17M is the quoted figure and to be honest I find that a bit steep. I know he's young, in the right league, not that many attacking FB's around perhaps.. but still.

Last edited:
In which case a 17m move for him 5 months later would be insane!

£17M - drop in the ocean these days. If he turns out to be the business then it is OK with me. I think Klopp wants to sure up the midfield by giving this a go and bringing Milner back in the middle as a more mature presence with a brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom