• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Joey Barton

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=gene hughes link=topic=45502.msg1340966#msg1340966 date=1306864792]
He's a very interesting tweeter. Seems far smarter (or at least outspoken) than most footballers.

I was was, however, appalled to see him say ....

L8ers

...at the end of one his tweets yesterday.
[/quote]

we all make mistakes.
one time i said 'peace out bro' with no sense of irony, that was the same day i did a double-finger-click-n-point to some bird. it was my own personal social holocaust

[quote author=Lewy link=topic=45502.msg1340970#msg1340970 date=1306865370]
[quote author=gene hughes link=topic=45502.msg1340966#msg1340966 date=1306864792]
He's a very interesting tweeter. Seems far smarter (or at least outspoken) than most footballers.

L8ers

[/quote]

we all make mistakes.
one time i said 'peace out bro' with no sense of irony, that was the same day i did a double-finger-click-n-point to some bird. it was my own personal social holocaust
[/quote]Hahahahaha youre my Krump vsn2011.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=45502.msg1340980#msg1340980 date=1306867326]
[quote author=Lewy link=topic=45502.msg1340970#msg1340970 date=1306865370]

L8ers

[/quote]

we all make mistakes.
[/quote]Hahahahaha youre my Krump vsn2011.
[/quote]

Hahaha, Lewy does have a point, let he who is without sin cast the first stone etc

regards

rushgv.jpg

Yep, I see what Kenny is going for here.
He's recreating his old team.

Soon enough a black winger who used to play for Watford and has Jamaican ancestry will join.

[quote author=Home and A Gay link=topic=45502.msg1341011#msg1341011 date=1306869169]
Would be embarrassed if any one of our players behaved liked that.
[/quote]

He did it to Torres....fine in my book..... 8) hehe

[quote author=Home and A Gay link=topic=45502.msg1341011#msg1341011 date=1306869169]
[/quote]

If God can do it...

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=45502.msg1341044#msg1341044 date=1306872189]
[/quote]

If God can do it...
[/quote]
Fowler's was more tongue in cheek.

[quote author=Home and A Gay link=topic=45502.msg1341052#msg1341052 date=1306872822]
[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=45502.msg1341044#msg1341044 date=1306872189]
[/quote]

If God can do it...
[/quote]
Fowler's was more tongue in cheek.

[/quote]

Who's tongue though? Le Saux's?

Honestly, any discussion on Barton's footballing ability has to be pre-empted by his disciplinary record. Just doing a quick wiki reveals this:

July, 2004 - Hacked an opponent playing for Man City against Doncaster Rovers sparking a 10 man brawl

December, 2004 – Stubbed out a lit cigar on youth player Jamie Tandy’s eye

Summer, 2005 – Assaulted a 15 year old Everton supporter. Had to be restrained from further attacking the boy.

May, 2005 – Broke a pedestrian’s leg while driving through Liverpool city centre.

May, 2007 – Assaulted teammate Ousmane Dabo hitting him several times. Dabo ended up in hospital with a suspected detached retina. Arrested for the same and served a 4 month jail sentence.

November, 2007 – Horror tackle on Dickson Etuhu on his thigh.

December, 2007 – Arrested on suspicion of assault in Liverpool. CCTV footage showed him punching a man twenty times making him lose consciousness, and also attacking a teenager, breaking some of his teeth. Eventually sentenced to 6 months jail.

March, 2008 – Charged of assault and criminal damage after an argument with a taxi driver in Liverpool

May, 2009 – Red card for tackle on Xabi Alonso. Followed by altercation with Shearer who called it a ‘coward’s tackle’. Barton responded by saying Shearer was a ‘shit manager with shit tactics’.

November, 2010 – Punched Morten Gamst Pedersen in the chest in a 2-1 defeat to Blackburn.

If anyone needed any reminders of what a thug this guy is. This is besides the countless fines, suspensions, bans and other on the pitch trouble he’s created. He’s probably ten times the cunt Diouf was. Do we really want to go down that road again?

[quote author=dmishra link=topic=45502.msg1341149#msg1341149 date=1306899579]
Honestly, any discussion on Barton's footballing ability has to be pre-empted by his disciplinary record. Just doing a quick wiki reveals this:

July, 2004 - Hacked an opponent playing for Man City against Doncaster Rovers sparking a 10 man brawl

December, 2004 – Stubbed out a lit cigar on youth player Jamie Tandy’s eye

Summer, 2005 – Assaulted a 15 year old Everton supporter. Had to be restrained from further attacking the boy.

May, 2005 – Broke a pedestrian’s leg while driving through Liverpool city centre.

May, 2007 – Assaulted teammate Ousmane Dabo hitting him several times. Dabo ended up in hospital with a suspected detached retina. Arrested for the same and served a 4 month jail sentence.

November, 2007 – Horror tackle on Dickson Etuhu on his thigh.

December, 2007 – Arrested on suspicion of assault in Liverpool. CCTV footage showed him punching a man twenty times making him lose consciousness, and also attacking a teenager, breaking some of his teeth. Eventually sentenced to 6 months jail.

March, 2008 – Charged of assault and criminal damage after an argument with a taxi driver in Liverpool

May, 2009 – Red card for tackle on Xabi Alonso. Followed by altercation with Shearer who called it a ‘coward’s tackle’. Barton responded by saying Shearer was a ‘shit manager with shit tactics’.

November, 2010 – Punched Morten Gamst Pedersen in the chest in a 2-1 defeat to Blackburn.

If anyone needed any reminders of what a thug this guy is. This is besides the countless fines, suspensions, bans and other on the pitch trouble he’s created. He’s probably ten times the cunt Diouf was. Do we really want to go down that road again?

[/quote]

I could live with all of that if he was good. He's not, he's fucking ordinary.

Re: Joey Barton

I wouldn't be angered by getting Barton but wouldn't be that impressed either, given that he's nothing special.

After watching that clip I would be more worried if we were to sign Pederson than Barton

This is Pennant magnified.

Disciplinary prblems and very little talent, that wasnt worth the risk.

Barton's disciplinary record is a thousand times worse and his talent is just less limited.

This would make even less sense.

[quote author=Avvy link=topic=45502.msg1341199#msg1341199 date=1306913729]
This is Pennant magnified.

Disciplinary prblems and very little talent, that wasnt worth the risk.

Barton's disciplinary record is a thousand times worse and his talent is just less limited.

This would make even less sense.
[/quote]

I would say Barton is twice the player Pennant is. If Pennant wasn't having a good game he may as well not have been there. At least with Barton he'll get stuck in and get involved in the game whether he's playing well or not.

If he does sign I'm sure he will surprise people.

The man is an animal though. If you were a player would you want someone like that in your team? Poor Lucas will shit himself.

Barton is a far better player than Pennant, that's a given.

The issue is whether or not he's good enough to take this kind of risk, unfortunately.

The idea of taking risks on talented players at low fees (due to disciplinary problems) is actually something I like; I believe Kenny is the kind of manager who could turn some of these players around..but I have to confess to feeling that Barton is a big ask for anyone to help, and doesnt offer the kind of tlent that would make that feasible.

[quote author=athensruairi link=topic=45502.msg1341208#msg1341208 date=1306915580]
The man is an animal though. If you were a player would you want someone like that in your team?
[/quote]

Yes

Thanks mate.

Id really like to think Kenny isn't interested in this thug. a talented footballer on his day, no doubt, but he's Joey Barton.

A lot might depend on what the Toon would ask for him. FSG have a number of criteria for deciding which players to sign, one of which is to find players with talent who haven't made the most of that talent (for whatever reason) but could still do so if handled right. If Ashley and Llambias set a low fee, Barton might tick that particular box. Not saying I want him, but I could see it happening.

Tbh I don't think an arm round the shoulder is gonna cut it with Joey, he needs a lobotomy to sort out his issues

We've had a load of players in the past who have done dodgy things, so although not ideal i wouldn't let this be a deal breaker with regards to signing Barton.

The question is would a dirt cheap JB improve our squad? When you take into account that Lucas and Jay have started so many games, then the answer is yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom