• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Joey Barton

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Kenny4PM link=topic=45502.msg1341247#msg1341247 date=1306919831]
We've had a load of players in the past who have done dodgy things, so although not ideal i wouldn't let this be a deal breaker with regards to signing Barton.

The question is would a dirt cheap JB improve our squad? When you take into account that Lucas and Jay have started so many games, then the answer is yes.
[/quote]

You could do that for a lot of players though. The fact that Player X represents some kind of incremental improvement over what we've got is no argument for signing them.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=45502.msg1341248#msg1341248 date=1306919938]
We've had a load of players in the past who have done dodgy things, so although not ideal i wouldn't let this be a deal breaker with regards to signing Barton.

The question is would a dirt cheap JB improve our squad? When you take into account that Lucas and Jay have started so many games, then the answer is yes.
[/quote]

You could do that for a lot of players though. The fact that Player X represents some kind of incremental improvement over what we've got is no argument for signing them.

[/quote]Beat me to it.
Its like saying we should hire Steven Kelly for left back because he is cheap and better than Konchesky.
We need big improvements not incremental steps. Barton isnt good enough to raise us in any way so why bother, especially given the baggage he comes with.

We should sign him in the off season and send him round to Ronnehs place with a bag of bolivian and a hammer.

Yeah of course you could Keni, but unless we've got a huge amount to spend we're going to have to make a couple of these type of signings this summer imo. In all honesty though i can't think of many players we could sign for around the reported £3.5mil figure who could walk into our 1st team.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=45502.msg1341250#msg1341250 date=1306920362]
[quote author=keniget link=topic=45502.msg1341248#msg1341248 date=1306919938]

[/quote]

[/quote]Beat me to it.
Its like saying we should hire Steven Kelly for left back because he is cheap and better than Konchesky.
We need big improvements not incremental steps. Barton isnt good enough to raise us in any way so why bother, especially given the baggage he comes with.
[/quote]

Im of the same opinion. I think this is a sick joke which has got out of hand. Honestly cant see Barton ever playing for Liverpool.

Besides, we have Jay Spearing signed up on a long term contract and he's coming on leaps and bounds.

[quote author=Kenny4PM link=topic=45502.msg1341255#msg1341255 date=1306920595]
Yeah of course you could Keni, but unless we've got a huge amount to spend we're going to have to make a couple of these type of signings this summer imo. In all honesty though i can't think of many players we could sign for around the reported £3.5mil figure who could walk into our 1st team.
[/quote]

Barton wouldn't walk into our first team either.

Gerrard and Meireles are his rivals for a spot in midfield; not Lucas and Spearing.

I know who I'd prefer.

[quote author=Gary25 link=topic=45502.msg1341257#msg1341257 date=1306920833]

Im of the same opinion. I think this is a sick joke which has got out of hand. Honestly cant see Barton ever playing for Liverpool.

[/quote]

Yeah, quite possibly.

Given that he is from Liverpool, he is likely to be moving clubs (or at the very least is unhappy with the deal on offer at Newcastle), and its known that we will be on the lookout for players this summer its quite an easy link.

[quote author=Kenny4PM link=topic=45502.msg1341263#msg1341263 date=1306921527]
He'd be competing with Ming, Stevie, Jay, Lucas and Kuyt for a spot in the side
[/quote]Kenny he's not good enough.
Can we stop talking about shite links (shinks) as if they are a good idea!? You cant spin Joey Barton as a good signing. If we sign him then its because our money and ambition are not in synch. He isnt a top 4 player and wont advance us in any way. I dont care if hes free, he is a dick.

I think he's a very good player and would improve us. But he's Joey Fucking Barton. FFS.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=45502.msg1341267#msg1341267 date=1306921821]
Can we stop talking about shite links (shinks) as if they are a good idea!? You cant spin Joey Barton as a good signing. If we sign him then its because our money and ambition are not in synch. He isnt a top 4 player and wont advance us in any way. I dont care if hes free, he is a dick.

[/quote]

Sorry mate i disagree with all of that.

I'm assuming he's seen as a good option for right midfield in a 4-4-2 (that is where he's been playing for 2 seasons).

In that case he's competing against Kuyt and to a lesser degree Ming.

he's been one of the best, most consistent players for newcastle this season, just looking at the amount of assists he's provided for andy carroll is a good reason to sign him, especially for the cheap price thats been quoted. i was sittin on the fence with this one but after being reminded of all the shit he's done i think we should stay well clear.

if we do get him i think its purely because kennys worried about getting the best out of carroll

[quote author=Buddha link=topic=45502.msg1341281#msg1341281 date=1306922784]
I'm assuming he's seen as a good option for right midfield in a 4-4-2 (that is where he's been playing for 2 seasons).

In that case he's competing against Kuyt and to a lesser degree Ming.
[/quote]

I don't actually think he is. I'd be willing to bet neither of those fellas will get more than an occasional game on the right - primarily Deadly will be an option up front and Ming a part of our CM.

[quote author=Kenny4PM link=topic=45502.msg1341277#msg1341277 date=1306922421]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=45502.msg1341267#msg1341267 date=1306921821]

[/quote]

Sorry mate i disagree with all of that.

[/quote]

I like the way you didn't disagree with the 'He isn't a top four player' part.

With Barton, it's not just the case that he's only a minor improvement on what we have, it's that he is also a despicable human being.

The only reason we'd be interested in Joey Barton is because we've spent £35M on a striker who we're better off without.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=45502.msg1341328#msg1341328 date=1306925584]
The only reason we'd be interested in Joey Barton is because we've spent £35M on a striker who we're better off without.
[/quote]

Ain't that the truth. I know people don't want to admit it but Carroll is a mistake, I thought it at the time, and nothing I've seen since has convinced me otherwise.

I heard one of those random 'Torres coming back to us' type rumours about us selling Carroll to Spurs for Defoe plus money. I hate Defoe too, so couldn't figure out how I felt about it.

i'll judge carroll when he's had a go in the squad for decent period of time. I like what i've seen thus far though

Homegrown addition, cheap, versatile-ish, offers good delivery and the odd goal. Downside he's a bit thick and mental. Fuck it take the gamble and bin off Poulsen and bring in someone real good with the extra money when Aquilani goes.

Looks like he's going to QPR.

Joseph Barton

Going for a medical now, still no contract offer from NUFC.......think that just about makes my mind up.

BAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

After fucking week of "we should be in for him", and "Man Utd and Arsenal are interested" the fucking cunt ends up at QPR with that other gob-headed cunt Neil Warnock.

Fucking typical.

[quote author=singlerider link=topic=45502.msg1386872#msg1386872 date=1314263395]
Wonder what sort of odds you'd get on Barton biting Taarabt's face off?
[/quote]

*checks Betfair*

Less than evens I'm afraid.

0,,10373~9931385,00.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom