• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Joey Barton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they shouldn't pick players to commentate. They should pick, and this is controversial... people with good voices, who can speak well, in other words, professional broadcasters. They don't need to be able to play football well, the two skills have nothing to do with each other, at all.
I agree, the only thing that bothered me with female commentators was the shrieking some did when a goal was scored or if there was a big chance.
I honestly don't care but there's been some peculiar moments like during the world cup, when the presenter and experts in studio during the Swedish broadcast were women.

You can train that that. You can’t train lived experience.

You can train it. But someone who is good at it, who has that same training, will be far far better, as they always are.

While the footballers were learning to be better footballers, the broadcasters were learning to be better broadcasters.

I listen to spanish anyway. English commentary has never been worse.

How many top level matches did John Motson play? Most commentators are shit anyway and bring nothing to the table.
100% this. I was delighted it wasn't Owen, mcmanaman, Joe Cole, hoddle, Phil neville, ferdinand, Scholes, savage, shearer or any of the seemingly endless supply of boring / stupid / cunts they seem to stick on TV.

100% this. I was delighted it wasn't Owen, mcmanaman, Joe Cole, hoddle, Phil neville, ferdinand, Scholes, savage, shearer or any of the seemingly endless supply of boring / stupid / cunts they seem to stick on TV.
I loved Hansen as a pundit. Why he never became a manger I can't fathom.

You can train it. But someone who is good at it, who has that same training, will be far far better, as they always are.

While the footballers were learning to be better footballers, the broadcasters were learning to be better broadcasters.

I listen to spanish anyway. English commentary has never been worse.
Gooooooaaaaaalllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved Hansen as a pundit. Why he never became a manger I can't fathom.
I can completely understand it. I'd not be bothered with the stress and drama associated with a dressing room full of man children and a demanding fanbase. You really need to have a certain personality to cope with that, and if he thinks he'd be happier having a cushy tv job then he's probably right.

I can completely understand it. I'd not be bothered with the stress and drama associated with a dressing room full of man children and a demanding fanbase. You really need to have a certain personality to cope with that, and if he thinks he'd be happier having a cushy tv job then he's probably right.
That's exactly right. When I worked at ITV my buddy there who was head of ITV sport told me they offered Hansen triple what the BBC paid him to make the switch. He refused simply because he would have had to work more (predominantly in the anchor role that Lineker does now for BBC) and that meant spending less time on the golf course. He is a man who enjoyed his 1m a year salary while working for just one day a week. I can't say I blame him to be honest. :)

How many top level matches did John Motson play? Most commentators are shit anyway and bring nothing to the table.

I did say the expert ones - it's always a professional non-playing background commentator and an ex-pro. I was referring to the ex-pro. There are now quite a few female commentators and they are the same as the blokes - a mix of good, bad and indifferent. Which is again a good thing.

My gripe is purely about having female ex-pros giving expert opinions on what the players may be doing/missing etc when they've never played at the same skill level or intensity. If the latter is not an issue then open the role up to more ex-players both male and female.

Missed this Barton tweet, I did wonder how long he would take to get to the actual point or say anything to sell his crappy podcast.
Not on my watch indeed:

I think they shouldn't pick players to commentate. They should pick, and this is controversial... people with good voices, who can speak well, in other words, professional broadcasters. They don't need to be able to play football well, the two skills have nothing to do with each other, at all.

You mean like Richard Keys?

He's such a massive twat. I just cant figure out why, of all subjects, female pundits in football is the hill you wanna die on.

Because he's a former professional who played at the highest level. Therefore that qualifies him as an "expert" on this hill, and so he is capable of discussing this complex issue. You on the other hand have never played the game, so you cannot have the temerity or audacity to think you know better than an expert. You should just shut the fuck up and follow the science. Alas my child, now you see how the game works when you decide to become a retarded woke idiot.

He's saying anything to link to his podcast. His outrage tweets get blanket coverage due to dicks sharing and discussing them as if they're actually news when he's just driving traffic to his moronic bullshit.

Discussions and debates are your thing that you do, instead of innovating and predicting things, you endlessly debate about how things make you feel. You can hardly complain now when talentless people are using your thing to enrich themselves off the fumes of your feelings. Nor can you complain when this feels based economy struggles to invent innovative technologies and solutions that you will soon be crying out for when your impending extinction is upon you.

dicks sharing and discussing them as if they're actually news... driving traffic to his moronic bullshit

You're unhappy that people are debating what he says and that he's profiting from it. When you ask nature your question, by doing experiments and testing your predictions, there is no debate, the matter is resolved and you move on to the next question. When you ask experts your question, as you've got into the habit of doing because you want to support your woke views, weighing up the pros and cons like a fucking retard, whether its the climate, or genders, or vaccines, there is endless debate because you're talking amongst yourselves about your own feelings.

Joey Barton didn't start this. Look in the mirror, people with rotten retarded minds is what has led them debating and driving clicks to fucking podcasts, whilst resolving absolutely nothing.

I just pointed it out his motives you fucking dickhead. All the other shit you posted is far more applicable to you than me. Projection.

Joey Burton is bitter, he had no footy career of relevance and probably expected a media gig, and didn't get one. When I think of Joey Barton I am reminded of Ross Barkley, who was once hailed as the next Steven G. Today he plies his trade at Luton where he literally blends in
www-instagram-com-p-cvuffoua4iw-836983493.jpg

Joey Burton is bitter, he had no footy career of relevance and probably expected a media gig, and didn't get one. When I think of Joey Barton I am reminded of Ross Barkley, who was once hailed as the next Steven G. Today he plies his trade at Luton where he literally blends in
www-instagram-com-p-cvuffoua4iw-836983493.jpg
Ironically Barkley is having a splendid season so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom