• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

JoGo

bluebell

Well-Known
God knows the number of times I've wanted him gone but this season he has made all his critics eat humble pie. He is easily the most improved player, and now the most versatile player which means he is one of the first names in the line-up. He is now a £70m+ player

God knows the number of times I've wanted him gone but this season he has made all his critics eat humble pie. He is easily the most improved player, and now the most versatile player which means he is one of the first names in the line-up. He is now a £70m+ player
£70 million? Really?

Yeah but that's a mid-bottom team, it's a sellers market. They can demand anything

Always had a soft for Gomez. Loving seeing him have a great season. Long may it continue.

Never understood all the (sports) hate towards him in here - Have always loved him, and though he has the odd screw up in his bag, remind me how we lost to Arsenal again..? He's not perfect, but he runs his legs off for us, he can play (well) in half a dozen positions and he's been fantastic for us this season.

Untitled.jpg

I've never had a soft spot for Gomez, but he's been great... We'd have been lost without him. Hope he stays fit.

“If you play football at this level, there is [a big] difference between centre-half, full-back, right, left, to the No.6 – and he is capable of that transition in his mind,” said Klopp.

“He is one of those stories. What a wonderful player he is and I am so happy he can show that again.

“In midfield, the game is coming from all angles. Everything changes and he has dealt with it so well, it’s crazy. Really good and super-important.”

I’m happy for him, after Villa and Napoli away I did think can he come back from those games but he did.

Exceptional this year. Doesn't change the fact he was error prone and usually cost us games for the last 3 years however. That all seems such a long time ago now...
Genuine question: Which games has he specifically cost us? I don't remember any where I turned the TV thinking it was mostly his fault.

Genuine question: Which games has he specifically cost us? I don't remember any where I turned the TV thinking it was mostly his fault.

During his 73 minutes on the pitch before being substituted with a suspected hamstring injury, he won zero tackles, made zero blocks and lost possession six times - and that left him at the mercy of Liverpool supporters online.

Fairly recent. Didn't intend for the thread to go this way but since you asked...

During his 73 minutes on the pitch before being substituted with a suspected hamstring injury, he won zero tackles, made zero blocks and lost possession six times - and that left him at the mercy of Liverpool supporters online.

Fairly recent. Didn't intend for the thread to go this way but since you asked...

No, that's fair enough... I didn't remember that.

I also think that we can single out games here and there that individuals have cost us and, in a vacuum, prove anybody is shite. Ali's our greatest ever keeper (imho) and he's cost us a few biggies too. There's still not another keeper on the planet that I'd want in our nets, though. And big Virg has cost us goals in big matches before with his 'relaxed' defending at times too, but he's still the best of his generation.

I think that, as utility, semi-permanent back-up type players go, Joe is as good as any team that haven't cheated their way to the top can wish for. Doesn't make him Messi, but he's been a lot better for us down the years than some give him credit for. He's also been, unfortunately, a magnet for abuse that other players are somehow immune from.

Saved me the trouble

No, that's fair enough... I didn't remember that.

I also think that we can single out games here and there that individuals have cost us and, in a vacuum, prove anybody is shite. Ali's our greatest ever keeper (imho) and he's cost us a few biggies too. There's still not another keeper on the planet that I'd want in our nets, though. And big Virg has cost us goals in big matches before with his 'relaxed' defending at times too, but he's still the best of his generation.

I think that, as utility, semi-permanent back-up type players go, Joe is as good as any team that haven't cheated their way to the top can wish for. Doesn't make him Messi, but he's been a lot better for us down the years than some give him credit for. He's also been, unfortunately, a magnet for abuse that other players are somehow immune from.
No, he has done well so far this season which is great to see. Even though I have called him out on many occasions, it doesn't mean I want him dead or gone per se. I just want to see us do better, and loaded with better players. It's nothing personal. Same as how I feel with Diaz.

John Cross is an annoying little bastard that looks like he should be in the world of stand up comedy as Rob Beckett's stunt double but given the injuries to Trippier James Chilwell and Shaw, it wouldn't be a surprise to see him recalled as an extra defender when you add in the injuries to other defenders like Tomori, Guehi, Slabhead and Mings.

Back
Top Bottom