• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jordan Henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Peatcheo link=topic=45570.msg1352217#msg1352217 date=1308565482]
I cant believe how many of you are writing him off before he has kicked a ball. Shame on you.
[/quote]

You should be used to that after all these years SP, although I am sure things were a lot more positive in our foetal days.
I am glad he is back, and can have a good break and a full pre-season, fresh for the start of what is going to be a defining season for the lad

regards

It's just a fear of Carrollitis; ie a fear of contracting a disease where it's symptoms related to spending huge amounts of cash on potentially great players who may never live up to expectations and will have to be moved on with huge losses, where in worst case scenarios the progression of Carrolitis leads to full-blown Aquicoma

Thankfully at this stage the disease is still very much a hypocondriac's worry, since there's no information on whether the illness will be contracted.

Arf.

Henderson started out as a RM, was recently used more often in CM by Sunderland but still played a number of games out on the right, and seems to have been rated more highly as a RM by Sunderland fans.

Yep like that. He looks very strong out there. Flanagan was playing too I see. Nice.

Watched most of the England U21 game - Azerbaijan were fuckin awful truth be told but Henderson was good throughout.

Played centrally and showed some nice touches, broke forward well and sprayed the ball around at ease. Obv scored a beauty as well.

Flanagan has a sound game too, The lad doesn't have dive in though :laugh:

Henderson has got that great mix of attitude and ability that will see him as mainstay for club and country for years to come.

He is only just 21 years old and has upped roots from his home town of Sunderland to the bright lights of Liverpool FC, taking on board all of the pressures and apprehension that will come with settling not only into a new city but Liverpool Football Club itself (just think how overawing this would be and a 20/21yo coming from Steve Bruce's Sunderland!!). With the changes that have taken place in young Henderson's life over the past couple of months it was always going to take a couple of games for him to find his feet, and I don't think he has put a foot wrong in the opening games of this season, leaving me with a great first impression of Henderson both on and off the pitch.

He has kept the ball well, chosen his passes wisely and at times has show to be capable of acting as that leading metronome in midfield; picking pace up when required with insightful quick offensive passing and knowing when to take it easy, laying off to Kelly/Lucas/Adam for further distribution. These are also signs of a really intelligent and accomplished footballer, and it surprises me that he has come in for as much stick as he has, particularly in the first 2 league games; his home debut against his former club, where the whole team seemed to dramatically fade in fitness and ability the second half, and away at the Emirates, where we managed to pick up our first win of the season away at Arsenal. One criticism in those first 2 games was a lack of end product, but if we look at his last 2 games; Bolton on Saturday and Azerbaijan U21's last night we have seen what he can do with improved confidence and a willingness to take on extra responsibility.

His performance against Bolton, particularly before Martin Kelly went off, exemplified just what Henderson has in his locker; fantastic crosses, delicately weighted through balls to the strikers and the potential for goals. Against Azerbaijan 5 days later, he does it again and scores a well placed goal from outside the area while captaining his national side, albeit the under-21 equivalent. From these last 2 games his confidence will grow, he will feel more comfortable in his new team and he will begin to stretch himself, showing to be more than just the clichéd neat and tidy footballer and delivering the end product that Liverpool require both from their right hand side and central midfield.

One area of his game that I would suggest Henderson could improve on is the ability to win back the ball when we are without possession. Henderson's movement and positioning off the ball is there but a little more aggression in the tackle wouldn't go a miss. I'm sure Kenny and Steve Clarke will try and develop a more aggressive side to Henderson's play over time, and I'm sure Hendo will be a willing pupil given his exemplary attitude to the game and his personal development.

Off the pitch it seems Henderson has an old head on young shoulders. From what I've seen he conducts himself in a wholly professional manner, is willing to put hours in on the training pitch and look after himself away from the game, which will be of benefit for both Jordan Henderson and Liverpool Football Club. Henderson also speaks very intelligently about the game, and by no means is as daft as I have heard some suggest. Given his footballing ability on the pitch and attitude and professionalism off it, I would not be surprised if we were here in 3/4 years time talking about Jordan Henderson, Liverpool FC Captain.

Confidence will come with time and it would be unjust to judge Henderson through the eyes of some members of this forum after an ill thought out preseason, an away victory over Exeter (which I again thought he did well in) and the opening 2 Premier League games of this season.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=45570.msg1393356#msg1393356 date=1314963972]
One of the best debut posts I've seen mate ...

Welcome
[/quote]

Thanks LeTallecWiz! It's nice to be here...

Yeh good read Lark and welcome. I must admit I am starting to get a little spidey about Henderson, he could turn into a great player for us.

*sits down* *puts head in hands*

LarkLaner, LarkLaner, LarkLaner, dear oh dear.

You can't come on hear spouting reasonable , realistic, empathetic and well written posts like that.

We will soon knock that out of you

regards

[quote author=Skullflower link=topic=45570.msg1393377#msg1393377 date=1314965185]
He'll never be captain. He is proper dim as well.
[/quote]

I like the way he refers to himself as 'us'. ha ha that's ace, the only way to top that would refering to himself in the 3rd person.

I think he might be dim...I remember his 'confused' face at one point in the last game as someone was injured or booked... It lasted about a minute... I've never seen a man look so confused.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=45570.msg1393379#msg1393379 date=1314965340]
[quote author=Skullflower link=topic=45570.msg1393377#msg1393377 date=1314965185]
[/quote]

I like the way he refers to himself as 'us'. ha ha that's ace, the only way to top that would refering to himself in the 3rd person.
[/quote]

My missus keeps throwing that in my face, when I first asked her out I said "Do you fancy going the pictures with us?" and she said whos going, to which I puzzingly replied 'Just me and you?'

[/quote]

Stop being such a hateful shit.

It really winds me up when people sneer at the supposed lack of intelligence of footballers (and our players in particular).

Who gives a fuck if they can't debate Plato and Jeung ?

Their job is to get a ball into a net.

Fuck's sake !

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=45570.msg1393373#msg1393373 date=1314964995]
*sits down* *puts head in hands*

LarkLaner, LarkLaner, LarkLaner, dear oh dear.

You can't come on hear spouting reasonable , realistic, empathetic and well written posts like that.

We will soon knock that out of you

regards
[/quote]

Thanks George!

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=45570.msg1393397#msg1393397 date=1314967171]
I thought it might be you , although it was a little more lucid than I thought it might be
[/quote]

Your forgetting how lucid I actually am at the moment.

Indeed very looseid.
I only thought it was you as I recognised most of the important bits of the post from somewhere.

regards

You overplay his contributions to us so far. But in an odd way, I'm more relaxed about the Henderson transfer now that Meireles had gone. Before that, it didn't make much sense spending so much money on a young CM, but now I like to tell myself that we knew Ming could be off and lined up a replacement early on. I hope that's the case, and even if not, I'm choosing to believe it!

He's got a great strike on him and his play is, well, tidy. But I hope to see him develop into a more ambitious footballer during his time here. It's understandable if he's playing within himself at the moment, trying not to make mistakes, etc.

[quote author=themn link=topic=45570.msg1393385#msg1393385 date=1314965804]
[/quote]

Stop being such a hateful shit.

It really winds me up when people sneer at the supposed lack of intelligence of footballers (and our players in particular).

Who gives a fuck if they can't debate Plato and Jeung ?

Their job is to get a ball into a net.

Fuck's sake !

[/quote]

Sorry to Skully if I came off a little aggressive there.

It does upset me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom