• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

judge us after 10 PL games ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
7?!

Yeah right.

Can't see us getting anything against Sunderland or Utd. Then we might manage 2 wins out of Norwich, Stoke and Reading, after which I think Everton will expose our false dawn and Newcastle will capitalise on that.

1 + 6 = 7

Can't see us getting anything against Sunderland or Utd. Then we might manage 2 wins out of Norwich, Stoke and Reading, after which I think Everton will expose our false dawn and Newcastle will capitalise on that.

1 + 6 = 7

You should never work for the samaritans.

1 + 6 = 7

One day, you'll be happy with Liverpool ... I don't know when, but I can't wait for it b/c we'll be 38-0-0 and win Europe too ... Going to be great!!!

One day, you'll be happy with Liverpool ... I don't know when, but I can't wait for it b/c we'll be 38-0-0 and win Europe too ... Going to be great!!!

I'll actually be happy when the stadium expansion starts as I'd consider that to be the bottom of the downward slope we've been on for years and the start of the climb back up.

I'll actually be happy when the stadium expansion starts as I'd consider that to be the bottom of the downward slope we've been on for years and the start of the climb back up.

Good point ... That will definitely help the $$$

I reckon about 14/15, it looks bad now but for individual errors we would have 2 or 3 more, I dont expect them to continue and I do expect we will start to be a more cohesive team. We have a tough early run of fixture which have certainly taken a hammer to expectations but then maybe thats a good thing in the long run, we were never going to see a monumental improvement this season. 1 point out of the two games against City and Arsenal is about what i expected, the loss to WBA is the only shocking result and Im prepared to chalk that up to open day lack of understanding. I expect max 2 points out of the next 2 fixtures so I reckon it will be a while before we start to climb the table but we will, and once the confidence starts to flow a bit then so will the points.

I reckon about 14/15, it looks bad now but for individual errors we would have 2 or 3 more, I dont expect them to continue and I do expect we will start to be a more cohesive team. We have a tough early run of fixture which have certainly taken a hammer to expectations but then maybe thats a good thing in the long run, we were never going to see a monumental improvement this season. 1 point out of the two games against City and Arsenal is about what i expected, the loss to WBA is the only shocking result and Im prepared to chalk that up to open day lack of understanding. I expect max 2 points out of the next 2 fixtures so I reckon it will be a while before we start to climb the table but we will, and once the confidence starts to flow a bit then so will the points.

Very reasonable expectations for the next two games - I would go even less and in my mind its actually a zero or 1 point if we are lucky. I think once the Man U game is over there maybe a chance of some improvement, but given the mid-week Euro fixtures much I think will depend on how he rests certain players.

Oh - just to add, in terms of how many games in all as asked by the thread question - I think as many games as we have in the PL until Mid January - I don't know how many games that will be 14/15 ? but thats when we decide if progress can be made or is being made.

lazy arse :rolleyes:

sunderland Away
UTD Home
Norwich away
Stoke Home
Reading Home
Everton Away
Newcastle Home

My gut tells me this:
We will lose to Sunderland. Maybe draw.
Beat United
Beat Norwich
Beat Stoke
Lose to Reading
Beat Everton
Draw with Newcastle

The problem is that it's easy to dissect football and look for flaws when things aren't going right (does he have a plan B for example?).

It's far from an exact science and there are all sorts of variables involved, so when we're trying to pull everything in the one direction after years of mistreatment and mismanagement, it can seem like we're lugging a dead weight along. It takes time. There's going to be poor form, mistakes, there's going to be players lost one way or another, but it takes time to filter out the shit ideas, the wrong players, the mistakes, the old regimes and cluster everything together as you want it.

We'll be in the bottom half for the next couple of months I reckon but will start to get some form together eventually and climb. It's going to be a long season but we're just going to have to bite our tongues and be patient. Hard going, I know. Rodgers needs to avoid the traps of his predecessors and show he's not entirely stubborn and willing to make sacrifices and be patient, there's no point trying to force a system on players that don't suit it or are struggling, it needs to be implemented gradually, then we can expand our play and be what he envisages his perfect side as being. We and he need to appreciate it won't happen overnight.

I'd be really surprised if we were to get more than 7 points out of this run of games.

Everton's & Sunderland's system/style of play's our current system's kryptonite, so most likely two losses there.

I expect us to give manure a game, we should be able to get a point here.

The Newcastle game will be an interesting game as well, but excitement's probably the height of what we'll get out of it. I'm putting this down as a loss.

The Reading & Norwich games are the ones I expect to win.

I am more supportive of Fudgie after every match but less after every episode of Being: Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom