• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

judge us after 10 PL games ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no its not Macca

but... if we win the next three we are off and running ;)

I still say 15 points

oh and after 5 games we have a total of 4 goals.

Fuck all from Borini
1 from the entire Midfield
2 from Luis

We are fucked on goals, who would have predicted that

Bellers, Kuyt, Maxi, Carroll OUT - Borini in :mad:

oh and after 5 games we have a total of 4 goals.

Fuck all from Borini
1 from the entire Midfield
2 from Luis

We are fucked on goals, who would have predicted that

Bellers, Kuyt, Maxi, Carroll OUT - Borini in :mad:

A clusterfuck if ever there was one. How we let that happen i'll never know. Good grief.

We conceded from the oppositions first shot at goal today. Again

Exactly, I try not to exaggerate, but I cannot remember United having any other chances bar the ones that went in the net. I'm still in disbelief that we lost that game even with 10 men. It was like Murphy's Law.

Exactly, I try not to exaggerate, but I cannot remember United having any other chances bar the ones that went in the net. I'm still in disbelief that we lost that game even with 10 men. It was like Murphy's Law.
There was a stat popped up towards the end of the game which gave us ten chances to their six and us having six on target to their two.
So Pepe didn't have to make a save all game, just pick the ball out of the net twice.

I'm not sure if its because I didn't expect much or other reasons but I'm quite pleased with how things are going, for once I can really see this club moving in a promising direction and really planning for the future, there will be a lot of work involved and maybe it will take some time but I feel confident that the future is very bright for Liverpool F.C.

look, let's call a spade a spade . 11 points from 10 is pretty fucking poor . The majority seem happy enough with what rodgers is trying to do but he needs wins fast . There already seems to be a small shift this week and watch how quickly it grows if he doesn't get wins soon . Nobody will listen to the excuses anymore , whether they are valid or not . It's the nature of the beast .

Its the nature of impatient fans. 11 points isnt good enough, but if people cant see it will take time with the youngest average age in the league then so be it.

Should have had 2 more wins though, at least.

Its the nature of impatient fans. 11 points isnt good enough, but if people cant see it will take time with the youngest average age in the league then so be it.

Should have had 2 more wins though, at least.
Absolutely, anyone that didn't see this as a 2 season project (minimum) is knee-jerking to get their opinion posted (which they are allowed to, of course).

so we shouldn't have any expectations until the start of season 3 ? Rafa was rebuilding but he had expectations and managed them .Roy ,kenny also were rebuilding but didn't manage them so lost their jobs .

So the current people we need to be asking about our points score after 20 games are:

Jan and Le Chacal, who both forecast 11. Fox hedged his bets with an '11 or 13' so could be a reasonable third choice pundit.

so we shouldn't have any expectations until the start of season 3 ? Rafa was rebuilding but he had expectations and managed them .Roy ,kenny also were rebuilding but didn't manage them so lost their jobs .
Of course you can have expectations. That's my whole point. Don't be hyperbolic and having a more even keel opinion is what I trying to get at.

Let's face it, there isn't a lot of difference from Kennys team compared to Brendans in terms of results. Plenty of chances made and not a lot of goals. The difference is the age of the team and a reduced salary. These are good things so we've got hope for next season and with a good January transfer window we could be pleasantly surprised by the end of this season which bodes well for the next season.

Yay! We are not in relegation zone (though not far from it) nor my expected 10th (though not far from it either)

10 points.

I see no reason to expect any great improvement in our points return over the next ten games.The main reason being that our squad will obviously remain the same( barring injuries).We have some tough fixtures away to Chelsea and Spurs in those next ten as well as winnable but difficult aways to WH,Stoke and QPR. Things could get a bit better but we have a thin squad with no real cover for Suarez.Therefore I will stick to my guns and predict 20 points from 20 games by the end of the year.
Sadly.

Absolutely, anyone that didn't see this as a 2 season project (minimum) is knee-jerking to get their opinion posted (which they are allowed to, of course).

So what is the acceptable result after 2 seasons? And even if it is a 2 season project, what is the acceptable milestone after 1 season?

I didn't guess at this because i think it's ridiculous to guage such a young team so soon. I've said all along we will get better-and-better as the season progresses and as Suso, Sterling, Wisdom, Şahin, Shelvey etc get more game under their belts. That, added to the badly needed striker in January, will see us become one of the form teams in the league for the 2nd half of the season. Rodgers (and the younger players) need time but all football fans these days want instant success.

No one is saying we shouldn't have expectations, but the crux of many peoples frustrations is that some people lack perspective. Comparing this to Hodgson is deluded, you could see just by watching us under him that we were bereft of any clue what to do as a team - we had zero style or system, under Rodgers you can see the foundations are there but we lack a cutting edge, something we all could have predicted on the 31st August. There's too many smart arse dickheads on here trying to say black is white. It's not, we lack a couple of key additions but we're playing good football. We've dropped too many points due to an inability to convert and a few dubious decisions.

The key difference is that we can all see how it can be partly rectified - by signing a good striker. The only way the farce under Hodgson was going to be potentially improved was by him being replaced.

So what are you suggesting? The results are poor ergo, Rodgers is no better than Hodgson so he should go? If you or anyone else is, then it's fucking laughable.

No one is saying we shouldn't have expectations, but the crux of many peoples frustrations is that some people lack perspective. Comparing this to Hodgson is deluded, you could see just by watching us under him that we were bereft of any clue what to do as a team - we had zero style or system, under Rodgers you can see the foundations are there but we lack a cutting edge, something we all could have predicted on the 31st August. There's too many smart arse dickheads on here trying to say black is white. It's not, we lack a couple of key additions but we're playing good football. We've dropped too many points due to an inability to convert and a few dubious decisions.

The key difference is that we can all see how it can be partly rectified - by signing a good striker. The only way the farce under Hodgson was going to be potentially improved was by him being replaced.

So what are you suggesting? The results are poor ergo, Rodgers is no better than Hodgson so he should go? If you or anyone else is, then it's fucking laughable.

Spot on Mark. We all knew this season was going to be struggle. All i wanted to see were signs that we are improving and its obvious we are. We just lack the personnel which isn't Rodgers fault. But to compare him Uncle Woy is a total joke. Woy was awful. You could have given him the whole Barcelona squad and he would have still had them playing defensive negative football and losing to northampton. Anyone can see what Rodgers is trying to do and i definitely feel he needs the time and patience of the fans to allow him to carry it out.

All i have compared to Hodgson is that when he arrived we were rebuilding and had lots of off field issues yet there were still certain expectations . He didn't match them or look like he could improve so lost his job . I've not made any suggestions on Rodger's current position , I just don't buy into this belief of many that because we were so shite before , we shouldn't expect anything of Rodgers for a number of years and have to stick with him solely because chopping and changing isn't good . Of course it's bad , management stability is always good and points to a successful team but there has to be signs that rodgers is the man for the rebuilding job . And obviously at the end of the day that means decent results . I guess the debate though is what levels of improvement we need to see and over what sort of timescale while also taking into consideration the backing he gets and so on .

So the current people we need to be asking about our points score after 20 games are:

Jan and Le Chacal, who both forecast 11. Fox hedged his bets with an '11 or 13' so could be a reasonable third choice pundit.

We are showing signs of progress despite the lack of points, that so far has been obvious, and to be honest the only beef I've got with Rodgers tenure so far is the way he shipped Carroll. We could've made very good use him and then sold him on when the manager got a new striker lined up.

One of the most promising signs so far imo is Rodgers belief in youngsters - if they know how to play they will be shown the faith.

They'll learn loads from this and make us better equipped in a few years times, building for the future is the clever thing to do this day and age. It's a slow process and the gaffer needs time and our backing - no more knee-jerk reactions from the owners please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom