• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Junior Hoilett

Status
Not open for further replies.

keniget

6CM Addict
Administrator
Whilst we're in the business of buying up young Premiership talent, what do you guys make of this guy?

I remember when Phil Jones went last summer, Blackburn fans reckoned Junior Hoilett would be the next to go (if he didn't in fact follow Jones immediately out of the door). The key difference being he's in the final year of his contract so Blackburn will struggle to demand an exhorbitant fee.

I've seen him a couple times and he looks pretty good. Quick, good feet, always looks likely to make something happen and most importantly (in my opinion) he still manages to shine in that Blackburn side rather than being dragged down by it.

Could he be the ideal solution to bolster our attacking options in January?

Scored a cracker at the weekend and although, I've not watched that much of him, he seems to be very highly rated. Would he fit in our team/style of play. I honestly don't have a clue.

I saw him a few times when e was playing for St Pauli in the German second division.

He was quite good there. I haven't see him play since then so I can't say much.

shit ...is this not his 1st major season ? I was just looking on the net and it says he played 20+ games for blackburn last season . Was he any good ?

He's looked decent enough from what i've seen this year ....he looks like a number 10 but less and less teams play with one so it'll be interesting to see how he develops

ILD's right to be talking about him.

He can pop up in central or on the left because he's always looking to get involved, he's very quick, has good dribbling skills and can deliver a decent through ball/low cross/cut back. The issue is he rarely puts a traditional cross in, instead he often choosing to dribble it into the box and look for the pass.

He's also a left winger who costs less than £20M and would actually join our club, meaning the main issue around Junior Hoilett is that he doesn't actually exist at all.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=47359.msg1419895#msg1419895 date=1320064380]
ILD's right to be talking about him.

He can pop up in central or on the left because he's always looking to get involved, he's very quick, has good dribbling skills and can deliver a decent through ball/low cross/cut back. The issue is he rarely puts a cross in, instead he often choosing to dribble it into the box and look for the pass. He's also a left winger who costs less than £20M and would actually join our club, so the other issue, obviously, is that he doesn't exist.
[/quote]

Ha!

Out of curiosity, is he a winger/wing-forward though? Or more a nippy second striker?

I thought he was very good last season and I´d be happy if we bought him. A really pacey fucker.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=47359.msg1419895#msg1419895 date=1320064380]
He's also a left winger who costs less than £20M and would actually join our club, meaning the main issue around Junior Hoilett is that he doesn't actually exist at all.
[/quote]

Haha... very good.

Every time I watch this lad play I ask myself, "What is he still doing playing for the chicken lovers?"

Clearly too good for Blackburn.

I think the fact he plays for those demented owners is a huge problem.

They'll slap a 25m price tag on him & stick it out cos they're clearly mental & have no idea of true value.

Yeah i like him a lot Ken, I mentioned him a few times last year. Im sure it was Ild who agreed with me. Hes gifted.

Oh and Lol @squiggles.

He looks promising indeed.

And I'd love us to get a player in that mould to increase our options in attack albeit Hazard who's today said he want's to move to a big club next Season should be very top of the list.

Yeah Oncy started the bandwagon.

His playing style could be likened to Babels a bit at times. He'll be on the move very soon and we should be interested.

[quote author=KHL link=topic=47359.msg1419986#msg1419986 date=1320071486]

And I'd love us to get a player in that mould to increase our options in attack albeit Hazard who's today said he want's to move to a big club next Season should be very top of the list.
[/quote]Five year deal agreed with Real apparently.

Hoilett has caught my eye too and is very direct in his play with an eye for goal though the comparison with Babel is a bit damning

[quote author=the count link=topic=47359.msg1420000#msg1420000 date=1320072758]

Hoilett has caught my eye too and is very direct in his play with an eye for goal though the comparison with Babel is a bit damning
[/quote]
For Real? For real?

I won't believe it untill I see it - in my mind he's always been Anfield bound.

[quote author=KHL link=topic=47359.msg1420016#msg1420016 date=1320073943]

[/quote]
For Real? For real?

[/quote]It was reported in the media last week and I started a thread about it. (that baby must be making you forgetful ;))
While it is probably still not signed sealed and delivered it seems a bit of a coincidence that shortly after the reports surface he is announcing that he is leaving Lille

When I've seen him he's reminded me of a potential ashley young type.

Certainly worth a punt at a knock-down fee.

[quote author=the count link=topic=47359.msg1420025#msg1420025 date=1320074335]
[quote author=KHL link=topic=47359.msg1420016#msg1420016 date=1320073943]

[/quote]
For Real? For real?

[/quote]It was reported in the media last week and I started a thread about it. (that baby must be making you forgetful ;))
While it is probably still not signed sealed and delivered it seems a bit of a coincidence that shortly after the reports surface he is announcing that he is leaving Lille
[/quote]
That baby has sure made me a lot of things mate. Forgetful is one.

;D

Venky apparently want a high release clause inserted and that's why his new contract got stalled. Spurs will linked with him earlier this month.

After a very promising season last year, Hoilett has really hit the ground running at the start of the season as his statistics suggest.

Hoilett already has three assists to his name this season, treble his tally for the whole of last season in just a quarter of the number of appearances. This has put him in good company in the assists charts as he joins the Manchester quartet of Ashley Young, Samir Nasri, David Silva and Luis Nani in the assists rankings.

6.-Assist-Rankings.jpg

He's a typical Spurs signing.

Venkys don't really have a leg to stand on as he's in the last year of his contract. We could get him in Jan for a reduced fee or for nothing (tribunal set fee) in the summer.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=47359.msg1420077#msg1420077 date=1320079172]
He's a typical Spurs signing.

Venkys don't really have a leg to stand on as he's in the last year of his contract. We could get him in Jan for a reduced fee or for nothing (tribunal set fee) in the summer.
[/quote]

Yeah but they're fucking nuts. They'll cut their nose off to spite their face.

[quote author=KopKing link=topic=47359.msg1421236#msg1421236 date=1320331618]
Good player but he'd block Raheem's progress
[/quote]

Barca spent a fortune bringing Sanchez to the club in the summer yet young Cuenca has managed to break into the side this season.

We don't have as many good players as Barca. Raheem will be fine.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=47359.msg1421241#msg1421241 date=1320332870]
[quote author=KopKing link=topic=47359.msg1421236#msg1421236 date=1320331618]
Good player but he'd block Raheem's progress
[/quote]

Barca spent a fortune bringing Sanchez to the club in the summer yet young Cuenca has managed to break into the side this season.

We don't have as many good players as Barca. Raheem will be fine.
[/quote]

Good point. I fear that if we get him more than likely for a big fee, there would be pressure to play him, which may work to the detriment of Raheem or if Raheem emerges ahead in the pecking order, Hoilett may be viewed as a waste of money. The more good players the better I suppose, but in Hoilett's case the fee would have to be reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom