• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Junior Hoilett

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Delinquent link=topic=47359.msg1463724#msg1463724 date=1326471461]
I wonder if Hardcastle's thought to check how many people are ignoring him.
[/quote]

Haha

Your right Hansern, those were his exact words when he told me werent in for him.

As far as im concerned unless Im/he is proven wrong you lot can get to fuck.

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=47359.msg1463844#msg1463844 date=1326484221]
Your right Hansern, those were his exact words when he told me werent in for him.

As far as im concerned unless Im/he is proven wrong you lot can get to fuck.
[/quote]

You're acting a right bellend.

[quote author=Delinquent link=topic=47359.msg1463724#msg1463724 date=1326471461]
I wonder if Hardcastle's thought to check how many people are ignoring him.
[/quote]

Very good mate. Hahaha

Junior Hoilett is bound for Germany as Bayern Munich now lead the race to sign him.

Tottenham and Liverpool made enquiries about his availability in January.

But Blackburn whacked an £8million price-tag on Hoilett to keep him at the club for their relegation fight.

Now Bayern are set to snap him up on a free transfer in the summer after his Rovers' contract runs out.

The German outfit have been in close contact with his father and agent David Hoilett, who spent a fortnight in the country last month.

Brother Jaineil Hoilett plays in Germany for Mainz.
Blackburn's Hoilett earns £19,000-a-week, but Bayern are willing to double that.

Canadian Hoilett was part of the Rovers' academy from the age of 13.

He was initially unable to obtain a work permit while in England, as a result Blackburn loaned him to German clubs to help the player earn one in the future.

According to reports Blackburn Rovers winger Junior Hoilett is heading to German outfit Borussia Mönchengladbach.

Mönchengladbach are understood to won the race for the Canadian’s signature who has also been chased by several clubs in England, France and Germany.

Hoilett is understood to be close to signing a four-year contract with the Bundesliga club who finished fourtth last season.

The winger is a free agent, but Rovers will pick a training fee of less than £500,000 to Blackburn Rovers.

Hoilett was spotted by Rovers in 2009 by previous boss Sam Allardyce when he was playing for Paderborn and St. Pauli.

Suppose that's their replacement for the departing Reus. Can see why he's going there as Borussia Mönchengladbach have Champions League footy next season and his wee bro plays in Germany too. Gutted though. Blackburn should've sold him in January as they could have easily got £8m for him.

He's a really stupid player and constantly makes the wrong decisions, I'm not surprised the top teams aren't in for him. In saying that, we could have made use of him, although I suspect his wages would be enormous because of his contract status.

So according to those to reports - Big Sam spotted him in 2009 playing for some team and he's been with BR since he was 13.

Good for his age then....

So according to those to reports - Big Sam spotted him in 2009 playing for some team and he's been with BR since he was 13.

Good for his age then....

After four years with the youth team, he had earned a reputation as one of Rovers' most promising prospects and, undaunted as he had been when he first arrived on English shores, Hoilett didn't hesitate when offered the chance to move to Germany on loan in search of regular football. After signing for German second division side Paderborn, a 17-year-old Hoilett broke into the first-team in the second half of the season but couldn't help the struggling side to safety.

However, his efforts for Paderborn tempted newly-promoted St Pauli to take him for the 2008-09 season, where Hoilett impressed with six goals in 21 games before a UK work-permit wrangle saw Rovers fight hard to ensure he could come back to Ewood. The two-year spell in Germany was an experience the teenager relished, though, with Hoilett insisting it represented a crucial stage in his football education.

"My time in Germany helped me as a player mentally, and it helped me in football terms too. It was good to meet new players and see how other players are abroad and experience another culture, learn another language. It's a good opportunity for the development for any young player. I don't think it's something that all players can do, though, and I am lucky that I had a good family and support around me to help me through."

He's a really stupid player and constantly makes the wrong decisions, I'm not surprised the top teams aren't in for him. In saying that, we could have made use of him, although I suspect his wages would be enormous because of his contract status.

This. It's why I never joined in the calls on here to sign him. It's true that we could have made use of him, because we don't really have anybody for that position and because he does have ability, but ultimately I question whether he's good enough for where we want to get to.

There is nothing wrong with signing a few cheap players to help us get there though.

Spurs did it to great effect.

BORUSSIA Monchengladbach are ready to lure Blackburn Rovers star Junior Hoilett to Germany with the offer of Champions League football next season.

Hoilett will leave Rovers this summer, with his contract due to expire at the end of the month, and he has attracted interest from a number of clubs in England and Germany.

Monchengladbach are now set to make their move for the 21-year-old, which could mean Rovers receiving a much-reduced compensation package for the Canadian.

Under the terms of the Bosman ruling, English clubs hoping to sign Hoilett would have to either agree a fee with Rovers or go to a tribunal because he is under the age of 24.

But overseas clubs would simply have to pay a pre-determined FIFA training fee to Rovers for Hoilett’s development, expected to be less than £1m.

Sources told the Lancashire Telegraph late last week that no decision had yet been made on Hoilett’s destination for next season.

But Monchengladbach are now said to be confident of finalising a four-year contract and winning the race for the forward in the next few days, barring any late interest from elsewhere.

It is understood that two English clubs recently entered into talks with Rovers over a possible fee.

Monchengladbach have booked their place in the final qualifying round for the Champions League after finishing fourth in the Bundesliga during the 2011/12 campaign, a year after winning a crucial play-off game to avoid relegation from the top flight.

They have been in the market for an attacking player after selling Marco Reus to Borussia Dortmund.

Hoilett previously had loan spells in Germany with Paderborn and St Pauli before making his first-team debut at Rovers.

His younger brother Jaineil also plays in the country for Mainz’s second team in the Regional West Division.

Rovers have been trying to tie Hoilett to a new deal at the club for several months but it became apparent that they were fighting a losing battle to keep him at Ewood Park, with relegation effectively confirming that the player would leave.

Right - so he spent his formative years far away from Big Sams Schq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom