• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Just and Only for you Ross - Liverpool v Norwich OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

the count

SCM's least favourite muppet- There was a poll
Honorary Member
Keep it all in here for the big man lads.
This JFT 96 mural will be shown from the kop today.
Looks great

AcWdbTuCMAE0OEq.jpg

Craig Bellamy, Dirk Kuyt and Luis Suarez all start for Liverpool v Norwich this evening - listen live online from 5.25pm BST.

The team in full is: Reina, Carragher, Skrtel, Johnson, Enrique, Kuyt, Adam, Gerrard, Downing, Bellamy, Suarez. Subs: Doni, Agger, Carroll, Maxi, Spearing, Henderson, Flanagan.

No Kelly. Injured again?

An attacking line up all the same though, lightweight but plenty of talent.

Lucas is suspended Krump

Bellamy wasn't up to much in the Rangers match mid week.
Surprised to see him start.

Shit, I thought he'd been eaten by the rest of them in some brilliant team building ceremony.

Really interesting line up.

Potentially batter these lot. Early goal could open the floodgates. Hope if we do get one, we don't sit back.

i am thinking carroll has pissed kenny off tbh. his comments after the rangers game seemed aimed towards carroll to me.

I hope it works out but not really impressed that neither Carroll or Hendersn are starting. Did Bellamy play a full match on Tuesday?

I'm sorry to repeat myself , and i know the team performance / result is the most important thing ....but Carroll not starting is just stupid . I mean what is the plan for him ? If he's not fitting in then somebody has fucked up big style buying him in the first place . And compared to his fee , he has hardly any sell on value ....we'd be lucky to get 10m for him if we tried to sell in january . And if he's not going to cut it then we're back where we were for the last few seasons , in strong need of another striker . I'm just getting pissed off at how useless we are at sorting so many obvious long term problems with the team.

£100m and i don't see us as much better than we were during the 2nd half of last season, we've just more numbers .
And i'll still say this later if we win today .

[quote author=Skullflower link=topic=47256.msg1415061#msg1415061 date=1319298588]
i am thinking carroll has pissed kenny off tbh. his comments after the rangers game seemed aimed towards carroll to me.
[/quote]

Yep, looks like it. Seems as though he wants him to step up and drops him to the bench after a lack of effort against Rangers.

He should play though.

[quote author=RedZeppelin link=topic=47256.msg1415063#msg1415063 date=1319298638]
I'm sorry to repeat myself , and i know the team performance / result is the most important thing ....but Carroll not starting is just stupid . I mean what is the plan for him ? If he's not fitting in then somebody has fucked up big style buying him in the first place . And compared to his fee , he has hardly any sell on value ....we'd be lucky to get 10m for him if we tried to sell in january . And if he's not going to cut it then we're back where we were for the last few seasons , in strong need of another striker . I'm just getting pissed off at how useless we are at sorting so many obvious long term problems with the team.

£100m and i don't see us as much better than we were during the 2nd half of last season, we've just more numbers .
[/quote]

rumours in the NE apparently that he'll be rejoining Newcastle in january. find that very implausible, but thought i'd pass it on anyway.

skully, what comments from Kenny were they then?

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=47256.msg1415067#msg1415067 date=1319298828]
[quote author=Skullflower link=topic=47256.msg1415061#msg1415061 date=1319298588]
[/quote]

Yep, looks like it. Seems as though he wants him to step up and drops him to the bench after a lack of effort against Rangers.

He should play though.
[/quote]

Carroll's work-rate in some games this season has been very, very poor but it's harsh to single him out in the Rangers game. The whole team was half-arsed.

[quote author=peterhague link=topic=47256.msg1415069#msg1415069 date=1319298869]
[quote author=RedZeppelin link=topic=47256.msg1415063#msg1415063 date=1319298638]

[/quote]

rumours in the NE apparently that he'll be rejoining Newcastle in january. find that very implausible, but thought i'd pass it on anyway.

[/quote]

i'd be delighted to take a ten million loss on him. he just hasn't got the natural talent in my opinion.

kenny made comments about effort and nowhere near challenging for a place in the first team etc

I think Kenny is right to drop him. People have been talking about his fitness, but I reckon his fitness has been fine all season. Carroll's problem resides inside his pony tailed skull, and Kenny obviously feels he is not putting in the required effort in training and in games. Remember, he gets to see him all week. He picks Bellamy because he very likely gives 100% in training (and the same in games). Carroll should watch and learn.

Disclaimer: I didnt see the Rangers game, but I dont think it is very important in the big picture. Just one short training session really.

i'd snap your hand off for a £10m loss. what's he realistically worth, though? i reckon (hypothetically speaking, Hansern, before you're tempted to bore me to death) we might get around half our money back. i'd take £17-18m for him i think; i'm pretty sure that could buy you a better (foreign) striker than carroll.

[quote author=peterhague link=topic=47256.msg1415069#msg1415069 date=1319298869]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well at this stage they are probably the only team that might take him ........I do think he's a decent lad and enjoys being here but at the same time I wonder if he really has the desire to be the best , perhaps i am just misreading his laid back attitude but he strikes me as someone who'd be happy enough to just play for his home town team , away from the real demands of a top team .

I'll be veeeery surprised if he joins Newcastle. Mike Ashley wont spend that money either way.

Sounds like a bullshit rumour.

[quote author=RedZeppelin link=topic=47256.msg1415075#msg1415075 date=1319299261]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well at this stage they are probably the only team that might take him ........I do think he's a decent lad and enjoys being here but at the same time I wonder if he really has the desire to be the best , perhaps i am just misreading his laid back attitude but he strikes me as someone who'd be happy enough to just play for his home town team , away from the real demands of a top team .
[/quote]

There was no laid back attitude at Newcastle, on the pitch anyway. Said it 100s of times before but he's a totally different player to what he was at Newcastle.

And it simply can't be all down to our style of play supposedly not suiting him and vice-versa.

[quote author=RedZeppelin link=topic=47256.msg1415075#msg1415075 date=1319299261]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

yes, i agree that's yet another potential concern with him. i definitely don't think he wanted to leave newcastle back in january, now i'm not saying that means he's unhappy to be at LFC, but it does make me wonder if, like you say, he's quite got that drive to be the very best.

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=47256.msg1415077#msg1415077 date=1319299425]
I'll be veeeery surprised if he joins Newcastle. Mike Ashley wont spend that money either way.

Sounds like a bullshit rumour.
[/quote]

unlikely, i agree, but i wouldn't totally rule it out. it'd depend on the money we wanted, i think - i could imagine them going up to £15m, say.

someone like spurs or villa would be more probable imo.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He should still hang around for his league medal though before he does what Shearer also did ;)

[quote author=vantage link=topic=47256.msg1415084#msg1415084 date=1319300411]
Sop 106723 for those looking for a decent stream........
[/quote]
decent tho choppy. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom