• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Just and Only for you Ross - Liverpool v Norwich OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=47256.msg1415341#msg1415341 date=1319312260]
[quote author=Frogfish link=topic=47256.msg1415338#msg1415338 date=1319312148]
[quote author=jexykrodic link=topic=47256.msg1415327#msg1415327 date=1319311741]
There was nothing wrong with the way we played or the substitutions within the game. In fact I'd say it was an exciting game.

It was simple poor finishing that resulted in a draw instead of a win.

We were the better team by far and the loss of 2 points is entirely of our own making.

Nitpicking on the Managers performance is way off the mark in this one as well.

Suarez, Bellamy, Kuyt, Downing, Carroll all fluffed great chances.
[/quote]

Spot on Jexy .. exactly as I said one page ago and as Binny's stats prove. It's very worrying.
[/quote]

So you thought the subs were wise?

regards
[/quote]

I don't know if they were wise or not but there was logic to them (going 3 at the back and freeing up both FBs to attack down the wings with Carroll in the centre). However that fact is that after them we created 2 or 3 chances which could/should have won us the match. Poor finishing (or great goal-keeping if you prefer) cost us the win, not the substitutions.

[quote author=Frogfish link=topic=47256.msg1415309#msg1415309 date=1319310534]
[quote author=DHSC link=topic=47256.msg1415253#msg1415253 date=1319308634]
Carroll for Downing?
Agger for Kuyt?

Can someone tell me why? Did Kenny realise he fucked up by not having a left winger with Carroll on the field and wanted Enrique to play on the left wing? Seriously what the fuck?
[/quote]

I'll pick this post at random as there are quite a few along the same theme. We created 2 or 3 excellent chances to win it after the subs .. so that wasn't the issue. The problem was poor finishing and it's been our problem all season. So whoever missed those chances needs a finger pointed at them, not the manager for making changes which actually led to some great chances that we didn't put away.
[/quote]

Poor defending more like, how can we look like losing that game, which we could have if they took their chance(s)?
Pepe made a poor decision, he may not have saved the header if he stayed put though.

Another game which suggests that although we're getting closer, we're aother season away......

[quote author=RedZeppelin link=topic=47256.msg1415344#msg1415344 date=1319312320] I guess he wanted players to put in crosses so moved enrique up but still why not stick maxi on instead of agger ...i mean we're 1-1 at home to Norwich ...fucking go for it .

[/quote]

Because he went 3-5-2 and thereby freed up both FBs (both good or decent crossers of the ball) to attack the flanks.

Re: Re: Just and Only for you Ross - Liverpool v Norwich OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD

[quote author=Frogfish link=topic=47256.msg1415361#msg1415361 date=1319312952]
[quote author=RedZeppelin link=topic=47256.msg1415344#msg1415344 date=1319312320] I guess he wanted players to put in crosses so moved enrique up but still why not stick maxi on instead of agger ...i mean we're 1-1 at home to Norwich ...fucking go for it .

[/quote]

Because he went 3-5-2 and thereby freed up both FBs (both good or decent crossers of the ball) to attack the flanks.
[/quote]

Johnson is shite you mean.

Kick and rush is his ability

[quote author=are we back? link=topic=47256.msg1415360#msg1415360 date=1319312940]
[quote author=Frogfish link=topic=47256.msg1415309#msg1415309 date=1319310534]
[quote author=DHSC link=topic=47256.msg1415253#msg1415253 date=1319308634]
Carroll for Downing?
Agger for Kuyt?

Can someone tell me why? Did Kenny realise he fucked up by not having a left winger with Carroll on the field and wanted Enrique to play on the left wing? Seriously what the fuck?
[/quote]

I'll pick this post at random as there are quite a few along the same theme. We created 2 or 3 excellent chances to win it after the subs .. so that wasn't the issue. The problem was poor finishing and it's been our problem all season. So whoever missed those chances needs a finger pointed at them, not the manager for making changes which actually led to some great chances that we didn't put away.
[/quote]

Poor defending more like, how can we look like losing that game, which we could have if they took their chance(s)?
Pepe made a poor decision, he may not have saved the header if he stayed put though.

Another game which suggests that although we're getting closer, we're aother season away......
[/quote]

We conceded one goal but missed half a dozen great chances .. I know which cost us more.

We are the playing the *unlucky* card far too often again this season.
Downing wasted the chance of the game I thought but it defo wasn't unlucky just a shit finish.

There was a piece in the todays mirror about how we don't destroy teams like norwich and i'm sue kenny read it.. >:(

Suarez wasted our best chances. He also created the most of them, but should have scored a couple today.

[quote author=Home and A Gay link=topic=47256.msg1415367#msg1415367 date=1319313150]
We are the playing the *unlucky* card far too often again this season.
Downing wasted the chance of the game I thought but it defo wasn't unlucky just a shit finish.
[/quote]

Hitting the woodwork 3 times IS unlucky.

Think Karma, means a better end of the season.

Apart from Spurs away, there isn't one game this season I can think of that we shouldn't have gone on to win. Stoke away we were shafted by the ref, but missed a bag load of chances. Everton away and Arsenal away were relatively good performances against piss-poor opposition. We should have been out of sight against Wolves, but managed to win. Bolton could have been a cricket score and if the chances had gone in early this evening in all probability we could have been 4-0 at half time and would have probably gone on to get a few more in the second half. Instead, just like Sunderland and Man utd last week, we give the opposition one chance and they take it. And all three of these equalizing goals were down to lapses in concentration from our players. And just like Sunderland and utd, we spurn chances right at the end of the game.

[quote author=25_05_05 link=topic=47256.msg1415395#msg1415395 date=1319315674]
Apart from Spurs away, there isn't one game this season I can think of that we shouldn't have gone on to win. Stoke away we were shafted by the ref, but missed a bag load of chances. Everton away and Arsenal away were relatively good performances against piss-poor opposition. We should have been out of sight against Wolves, but managed to win. Bolton could have been a cricket score and if the chances had gone in early this evening in all probability we could have been 4-0 at half time and would have probably gone on to get a few more in the second half. Instead, just like Sunderland and Man utd last week, we give the opposition one chance and they take it. And all three of these equalizing goals were down to lapses in concentration from our players. And just like Sunderland and utd, we spurn chances right at the end of the game.
[/quote]

Spot on.

When we miss out chances, individual mistakes take on a higher importance and is, at this moment, costing us 2 points. Luckily, it isn't 3 points.

[quote author=25_05_05 link=topic=47256.msg1415395#msg1415395 date=1319315674]
[/quote]

there might be alot of truth in that but i don't care ...we're no better off than the 2nd half of last season despite the money we've spent and we're 5th with 15 points from 9 games . It's tiring trying to put a positive spin on things ...lets get actual results and points. I really hope we kick on and do that but i fear we won't , the season will continue pretty much like it has so far and we'll end up 5th or 6th .

Id rather win 1-0 after playing like shite and being bossed for 90 mins by Norwich, then 1-1 and having 24 missed shots and loads of created chances.

The only score that matters is the one after the game. Dominance means nothing if you can't convert it into goals and 3 points.

While we could easily have been top of the log if we had taken even quarter of the chances created thus far, the reality is that we're not good enough and lack that killer instict. We deserve what we got!

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=47256.msg1415614#msg1415614 date=1319364454]
Thanks Count
[/quote] ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom