• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Kagawa wants England move..

Status
Not open for further replies.

juniormember

Well-Known
Kagawa rejects contract, eyes England

April 30, 2012

By ESPN staff
Arsenal and Manchester United transfer target Shinji Kagawa has rejected a new contract offer from Bundesliga champions Borussia Dortmund and "plans to play in England".

shinjikagawabeerceleb_275x155.jpg
Shinji Kagawa celebrates winning the Bundesliga title with Borussia Dortmund

Duerden: Kagawa the toast of Asia
Kagawa has just one year to run on his current deal with Dortmund, who are reportedly willing to double the Japan international's wages to €6 million, but the attacking midfielder wants to leave German football.
Dortmund's sporting director Michael Zorc toldBild: "We have a new offer for Shinji and his agent, but he is not willing to sign it. Shinji is planning his own career and he has the desire to play football in England.
"While there is no economic need to sell him, he has a certain market value so we have to follow this with an economic sense. We will continue to have dialogue, but if another club expresses an interest then we will listen."
Dortmund rate Kagawa, 23, at around £15 million, but with no shortage of suitors for the playmaker the final transfer fee could be much higher.
Kagawa has scored 16 goals and provided 12 assists in all competitions this season.

I'd be happy if we were in for him. The most talented player in Japan at the moment.

For anyone that doesn't know him, a recent article:

Kagawa the toast of Asia

April 28, 2012

By John Duerden
(Archive)

Germany has great beer but Japan is not far behind with Sapporo, Asahi and Kirin all crisp and cool. Just like Shinji Kagawa who last weekend was able to enjoy the huge tankards of ale on the pitch as he celebrated a second successive title with Borussia Dortmund.

shinjikagawabeerceleb_275x155.jpg

Shinji Kagawa celebrates winning the Bundesliga title with Borussia Dortmund

When served with a league winner's medal, any beer in the world would taste great. Among fans of the German champions however, there is a growing fear that the Japanese international is about to drain his glass, say "cheers" and head to a new party (that's enough - ed).
After just two seasons in the Bundesliga, Kagawa has established himself as one of the league's top players. That is some achievement for a 23 year-old who arrived from Cerezo Osaka in the summer of 2010 unknown to European fans and most Asians after just a dozen games in the top tier of the J-league. Japanese fans knew though.
That summer saw a number of Blue Samurai heading to Germany for free, much to the annoyance of the Tokyo media. Despite the fact that the Flaming Pinks received €350,000 for Kagawa, Cerezo received the most criticism as all knew that the attacking midfielder who offered goals, vision and the ability to unlock defences, had all the tools necessary to do succeed wherever he went. Crucially, the player knew too.
Kagawa's arrival may have been unheralded two years ago but he has soon become a darling of massed fans at the Westfalenstadion. Just before the Revierderby against Ruhr rivals Schalke a few weeks into the season, he predicted that he would score two goals. He did just that. Few Asian players in any of Europe's big leagues have ever done such a thing. Certainly, none had ever said that they would and then delivered.
If that caused fans to fall in love with the player, eight goals in the first 18 appearances cemented that relationship. Unfortunately, that season was ended by a broken metatarsal at the Asian Cup in January. The fact that the slight star still made the Bundesliga team of the season shows just how good those 18 games were.
Any concerns about possible second-season syndrome, were unfounded though both team and player started a little slowly. Soon though, he was back in top gear. Thirteen goals have come in 28 games, an impressive strike rate, and he has chipped in with seven assists. The last of those strikes came to clinch the title against Borussia Monchengladbach last weekend.
"I'm feeling a lot of emotions, and I really do feel a sense of completion," said the star of the hour. "Even though we had a really difficult period, we were able to win the championship and it's because of how close we all are. I really want to thank my team-mates and the fans. This wasn't something I could have ever accomplished alone, and it's amazing."
Kagawa has already surpassed Keisuke Honda as the standard bearer for Japanese players in Europe and there is more to come. Back in East Asia the likes of Yasuhiro Okudera and Cha Bum-Keun must have nodded in satisfaction.
Okudera was the first Japanese player in Germany and played for Cologne, Hertha BSC and Werder Bremen from 1977 to 1986. Cha was the first Asian star in Germany, thrilling fans at Eintracht Frankfurt and Bayer Leverkusen from 1979 to 1989. The South Korean, who collected two UEFA Cup medals when the competition was a big deal, is regarded by many in Asia (and perhaps all in Germany) as the best Asian player of the 20th century.

shinjikagawajapan_275x155.jpg

GettyImagesShinji Kagawa: The face of Japanese football

While Kagawa has made a good start in the race for a 21st century equivalent, even Cha and Okudera would probably understand a move away from Germany to Spain, Italy or England. While the Bundesliga is respected in Asia, it does not command the widespread exposure and popularity that the other three, especially the Premier League, have. Whether a move is right in football terms or not, the fact is that a transfer to a global giant - "the blue chip option" as described recently by the Tokyo press - offers a quick step to super-stardom.
Barely a day goes by without a new club being linked to the player - Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Milan, Juventus, Arsenal, the list is growing by the day. Japanese national team coach Alberto Zaccheroni has advised the player to head to Serie A, though it is thought that England is his preferred destination.
The team that is the most desperate for his signature is Dortmund. Earlier this month, BVB sporting director Michael Zorc told Bild: "There should be a decision soon. We would like to extend with him... the ball is in [Kagawa's] box - Shinji must now decide. We know that he is flirting with clubs in England and Spain." According to recent reports, the player needs to decide by the end of April if he is going to sign a new contract with the club and double his annual salary to €3 million, or head elsewhere.
Again, according to reports, Manchester United are ready to double that again in search of a creative midfielder who offers goals and much more besides. Much of the Red Devils' financial global success comes from Asia. They are the number one brand in much of the continent and even where they are not, they are not far behind. Not only can Kagawa deliver the goods and the goals on the pitch, a Japanese player at Old Trafford would be huge news in the Land of the Rising Sun.
Park Ji-Sung, now an infrequent member of the Old Trafford starting line-up, has demonstrated what a talented and high-profile Asian player can do on and off the pitch. Few now think that old Three Lungs was signed for his commercial talent but even so, that has been impressive and helped to deliver over a million credit cards, two major sponsors and two sell-out games back in Korea. With United's marketing and commercial nous, reach and experience, Kagawa could do all that and more in Japan.
No deal is done yet though and while this Samurai Blue may make a perfect Red Devil, there is going to be quite a fight should Shinji Kagawa decide to leave the stage he has graced with such skill for two years.

Sign sign sign - the player
Sell sell sell - his shirt.
Make make make - A lot of yen.

Would be a very good pick up.

Don't him and Gylfi play the same position? If we're going for a central AM, it could mean Adam will not be featured much next year.

Park was a great pick up for them - commercially and on the pitch too (though he's not playing much now).

Kagawa will probably have an even larger effect -

He is fucking aces! He has the potential to be as good as Mesut Ozil. Sign sign sign! I reckon there'll be no shortage of suitors though as the commercial side of this signing could be massive for any club!

Impossible signing for us as we dont sign marquee "edge of your seat" type players. There have been notable exceptions in Alonso, Mascherano, Torres and Suarez though.

He's exactly what we need, our own little Japanese Silva. This would be too good to be true unfortunately, Eriksen would make an acceptable alternative should the worst happen though.

so many people are going to be so disappointed this summer. I expect run of the mill signings with a gross spend that doesn't exceed 40mil with us bringing in half of that amount in sales.

To think he'll be cheaper than either Downing or Henderson...

Quite interesting to see you guys rating Kagawa. I remember starting a thread after his first 18 games in Germany, with a customary youtube clip, and being told he wasn't good enough.

Quite interesting to see you guys rating Kagawa. I remember starting a thread after his first 18 games in Germany, with a customary youtube clip, and being told he wasn't good enough.

Find the thread or it didn't happen JM.

I remember that thread, I remember people being of the opinion, encouraging but lets see how he does with time.

Step away from the shot gun Neil. Now.

I'm not saying I don't expect us to raise up the table next season, I'm saying I expect fuck all from the transfer window.

1) I doubt we'll lose suarez for 8 games again (unless through injury)
2) lucas (hopefully) will be fit and back to his best
3) kenny would hopefully have shipped out adam
4) henderson and carroll would have had a full year to bed in

all factors I believe will push us up the table.

have some faith. yes, it may get crushed when we sign cattermole and bring lee hendrie out of retirement, but UNTIL THEN, have some faith that Hazard will be ours.

Why in the fuck would we sign this fella for 15m when we can sign Tom Huddlestone for 20m

Eejits.

YES PLEASE. He oozes class ala Silva. Great talent on the pitch and great off the pitch for us due to Marketing possibilities. Win-Win.

YES PLEASE. He oozes class ala Silva. Great talent on the pitch and great off the pitch for us due to Marketing possibilities. Win-Win.
Is that his nickname?
Bit racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom