• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Karius concussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you not think it actually highlights there isnt enough time to correctly assess what could be a serious head injury? there is more to this than us losing a final or Karius not being good enough.

assessment was minimal. protocol in rugby is a 15 minute assessment, and that should be implemented across all sports, if it slows the game down or not.

scans showed that he suffered a brain injury. time isnt given/allowed for a full assessment because (IMO) the game and the occasion are too precious to 'waste' the time. at no point is an elite sportsman going to come off the pitch if something mental is missed on an occasion like the champions league final. if he can talk his way out if it, then he will. its not like a physical problem like Saleh, who visibly could not play. a proper assessment would have given his a green or red light and it didnt happen, and because of this, it could have been a lot worse than him throwing the fucking ball at someones heel.

Let's put aside the mistakes, and whether this was the cause of the mistakes or not.

A concussion is a fucking serious injury - which many players in the NFL have played through time after time before the league realized the severity of the issue, and that was mostly due to pressure because some ex-NFL players were killing themselves due to the after effects of head trauma.

Karius got smacked in the head ... No one saw it it seems - our players, the fucking refs, their players etc - so the doctors weren't given a chance to assess whether his head was there. That needs to be introduced into the game. It's rare I think thankfully, but if a player has been whacked on the head, give the doctors 2-3 minutes to ensure it's not a concussion or something else ...

I had the misfortune to hear a bit of TalkSport this morning when they were discussing the subject. Never has there been a more cloth-eared and bone-headed 'conversation'. The presenter noted that it's been proven that some concussions aren't obvious even to the player until hours or even days after the incident. So Mickey Gray pipes up: 'Yeah, I get that, but if you do get concussed, you know all about it'. So the presenter points out again that you won't necessarily will. So he replies: 'Okay, I take that on board, but let me assure you, when it happens, you'll know it's happened'. Maybe Mickey Gray is concussed.

I had the misfortune to hear a bit of TalkSport this morning when they were discussing the subject. Never has there been a more cloth-eared and bone-headed 'conversation'. The presenter noted that it's been proven that some concussions aren't obvious even to the player until hours or even days after the incident. So Mickey Gray pipes up: 'Yeah, I get that, but if you do get concussed, you know all about it'. So the presenter points out again that you won't necessarily will. So he replies: 'Okay, I take that on board, but let me assure you, when it happens, you'll know it's happened'. Maybe Mickey Gray is concussed.

Or should be.

Let's put aside the mistakes, and whether this was the cause of the mistakes or not.

A concussion is a fucking serious injury - which many players in the NFL have played through time after time before the league realized the severity of the issue, and that was mostly due to pressure because some ex-NFL players were killing themselves due to the after effects of head trauma.

Karius got smacked in the head ... No one saw it it seems - our players, the fucking refs, their players etc - so the doctors weren't given a chance to assess whether his head was there. That needs to be introduced into the game. It's rare I think thankfully, but if a player has been whacked on the head, give the doctors 2-3 minutes to ensure it's not a concussion or something else ...

I'd certainly want VAR to be used if someone claimed they'd been hit on the head. I don't know what Karius said to the ref - who seemed happy to wave away most of our complaints throughout the match - but if he did say he'd been struck then, even if the ref wasn't interested in penalising someone, he surely was obliged to get the player checked out?

To be fair id love to elbow him in the face

It has not really been pointed out yet that one of our players has suffered a traumatic experience and been vilified and ridiculed worldwide. And now, at the very least in mitigation, it appears that he was concussed at the time. Publicly this does not necessarily help - the unpleasant world that is today's football "banter", and the social media ridicule, will gloss over this, or use it as additional fodder. But as Liverpool fans, regardless of our opinion of Karius, and regardless of our hurt from losing the game, we ought to support and encourage one of our own. Its what used to make us great.

It has not really been pointed out yet that one of our players has suffered a traumatic experience and been vilified and ridiculed worldwide. And now, at the very least in mitigation, it appears that he was concussed at the time. Publicly this does not necessarily help - the unpleasant world that is today's football "banter", and the social media ridicule, will gloss over this, or use it as additional fodder. But as Liverpool fans, regardless of our opinion of Karius, and regardless of our hurt from losing the game, we ought to support and encourage one of our own. Its what used to make us great.
Thats what they want you to think.

He did exactly the same thing with a Kolarov long-range shot against Roma, and he was fortunate that one hit the bar after he fucked it up.

Was the useless cunt concussed then aswell?

He did exactly the same thing with a Kolarov long-range shot against Roma, and he was fortunate that one hit the bar after he fucked it up.

That was due to the pre-concussion. It's very serious and shouldn't be mocked.

It was not exact the same was it? Kolarovs was closer and harder and Karius actually saved it from going in.

It was not exact the same was it? Kolarovs was closer and harder and Karius actually saved it from going in.

You're right, it wasn't exactly the same, because it was also against a different team and in a different match.

But it was still a run of the mill save that the useless scoper misread, and floppy wristed it onto his own crossbar like a fucking clown after it went through his hands.

He wont be the first nor the last to struggle with a shot from Kolarov, mind.
The Bale goal was much worse.

You're right, it wasn't exactly the same, because it was also against a different team and in a different match.

But it was still a run of the mill save that the useless scoper misread, and floppy wristed it onto his own crossbar like a fucking clown after it went through his hands.

So you stand corrected. Good.

He'll walk alone it seems

This whole thing is a bit embarrassing. Makes it pretty clear that both he or our medical team should have made a call here. Very suspicious that this test was done in Boston, a city our owner is a big investor in...

Well if our motto is you never walk alone it hasn't really been fucking evident for Karius has it with the dead threats etc.

He may not be good enough but he's not a disrespecting prick like Diouf for example.

The behaviour of some of our fans has been disgraceful.

The sort of person who sends "dead threats" to other people on Twitter isn't under or over-represented by Liverpool fans, or even football fans.

They're just a bit mentally ill and I doubt many of them genuinely would kill him.

The sort of person who sends "dead threats" to other people on Twitter isn't under or over-represented by Liverpool fans, or even football fans.

They're just a bit mentally ill and I doubt many of them genuinely would kill him.

Even the pictures at the end of the game where our entire team left him devastated in the goal on the ground on his own didn't sit well with me at all.

We sing YNWA even when losing in the final minutes and sang it in Istanbul yet our own players turned the back him.

And now it appears there may have been a valid reason for the complete fuck up.

It just sours the whole YNWA image for me but I'm probably alone in that thinking, no pun intended

This whole thing is a bit embarrassing. Makes it pretty clear that both he or our medical team should have made a call here. Very suspicious that this test was done in Boston, a city our owner is a big investor in...

It said he had already left for US for holiday before he was ordered to take the test. I also read that these guys had a good reputation for working With concussions. They tend to happen more in Hockey/American Football. So the Boston/Henry link here is probably more coinsident.

do you not think it actually highlights there isnt enough time to correctly assess what could be a serious head injury? there is more to this than us losing a final or Karius not being good enough.

assessment was minimal. protocol in rugby is a 15 minute assessment, and that should be implemented across all sports, if it slows the game down or not.

scans showed that he suffered a brain injury. time isnt given/allowed for a full assessment because (IMO) the game and the occasion are too precious to 'waste' the time. at no point is an elite sportsman going to come off the pitch if something mental is missed on an occasion like the champions league final. if he can talk his way out if it, then he will. its not like a physical problem like Saleh, who visibly could not play. a proper assessment would have given his a green or red light and it didnt happen, and because of this, it could have been a lot worse than him throwing the fucking ball at someones heel.

Great comments, definitely concussion needs to be taken seriously. VAR should definitely be used especially if a player tells the referee he's been in a head clash with any player. I'm surprised the referee didn't ask the medical team to assess him especially as karuis had said he had a head clash... should be a ufea rule, especially when VAR is used in tandem.

Even the pictures at the end of the game where our entire team left him devastated in the goal on the ground on his own didn't sit well with me at all.

We sing YNWA even when losing in the final minutes and sang it in Istanbul yet our own players turned the back him.

And now it appears there may have been a valid reason for the complete fuck up.

It just sours the whole YNWA image for me but I'm probably alone in that thinking, no pun intended

I agree we should have backed him up more. But I Guess every player needed a halfminute or so to themselves after loosing a final. Karius was hurt, but he would not have been less hurt if someone were imidiately. The feeling of letting everyone down would stick anyway.

Fucking boo-hoo.
Lets say the lad earns as little as 35k a week.
Then hes earned 3.6m in the last two years (3.6m paid for by us) and the fucking spastic cant NOT SEE A CENTRE FORWARD.

He can walk alone and fuck off.

I wasnt even that bothered by him until I saw all this superfan wank.

Football isnt the fucking 60’s forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom