• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Karius concussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Karius is just in a permanent state of concussion...

Isnt that the whole point, that it was a surprise? Given that he had 0 personal mistakes in 32 games leading up to the final.

Agree with the first part though. Its better just to move on. We, and he, dont need for this to be given more ammo.

I wasn't that shocked. He gets away with a lot of fuck ups, for example the one against Roma that was almost a carbon copy of Bale's second. Not to mention the whole host of fuck ups he'd made in the two seasons with us. He's never really shown he was ever any good.

"objective signs suggested that visual spatial dysfunction existed".

I thought the same thing 1st time I ever saw him play.

Bullshit, forget it and move on.

Karius is shite.

The truly abysmal mistakes he made were not all of it, even during Bale's worldy he actually stopped trying to even touch it with his hands as it went past him, I doubt even De Gea would have saved it but attempting to get a hand on it may have helped. That's not the first time he has watched a ball sail past him either.

He has made a couple of good saves and his distribution is usually better than Migs but he has also made a few glaring mistakes and IMO is simply not good enough to be in Goal for us.

I don't know if this is a devised bullshit to help the club and Klopp keep him in or nets but I hope not... we need a good keeper and he aint it.

Last edited:
It’s not like he was knocked out, or even close to demonstrating a compromised balance. I suspect that everyone posting here has been hit in the head in some way harder than that, but then not gone on to be a stupid cunt.

One of my teammates had a clash of heads a few weeks didn't think it effected him in that game but has been dealing with headaches ever sense.

When it comes to head injuries there is no rule that applies across the board.

While the timing is suspect it's very plausible.

Yes. But that doesn’t fit my narrative of hating Karius and being pissed when this is the painfully transparent and pitiful attempt at not having to spend lots of money on a real goalkeeper.

How do you explain this (30 seconds into the video) then?

Yeah, I forgot about that – he got away with one for sure.

This doesn't change the inconvenient fact that he got a concussion from being elbowed in the face by Ramos.

Pleased for Karius, and his probably fragile mental state, that he now has a viable excuse.

I was one of those who noticed it at time.. I said to my mates, "why has Karius just gone down with a scream?" Obvs they didn't show a replay immediately.

For those saying he should have had treatment or gone off. Adrenaline would have kicked in. 99% of concussed sportsmen want to carry on. Thats why the doctors usually have to make a decision for them. Its the same in Rugby and American Football.

Karius showed no visible signs he was concussed straight after. He got up immediately. He conversed with the referee.

If he was concussed, the fault he wasn't assessed does not lie with the player, nor the medical staff. Once again it falls to the prick holding the black dildo behind the goal. He's the one with perhaps the best view, heard the scream... Waved it away. Just what the fuck does he do?

I said at the time it was a straight red. My opinion hasn't changed. We lost the final because the ref and his assistants were not fit for purpose, allowing Ramos to do his dirty tricks. By the time it came to the dive for Mane yellow, he must have been thinking.. "Fuck.. I can do what I like.. The ref ain't catching me do shit".

Wasn't it not shown til after the game from some obscure angle?

Yeah, but we pay a lot of people to look at all angles of the game. We should be able to spot things like this. I assume our guys aren't watching us on Sky, they should have access to every angle and every view. Especially in a game this important. They spot these things easily in rugby, not spotting them is a problem for our players health, and our ability to beat other teams.

Serenity now.

We will never know how it affected Karius.
In a final (especially playing for a team from the EPL) it´s important to not show that someone´s hurt you (act like a bitch). But the whole pr thing doesn´t feel right. I´m not a concussion expert but I guess there is different degrees of how severe it is.

He got a concussion.
Wé don´t know anything.
He fucked up.
We lost.
Fuck it.
Move on.
I´m backing Karius,

Yes. But that doesn’t fit my narrative of hating Karius and being pissed when this is the painfully transparent and pitiful attempt at not having to spend lots of money on a real goalkeeper.

You could read it as a ploy to elevate his price tag for potentially offloading him.

Most know he can't stay here but if his collapse can be explained by a concussion then essentially there is a very good keeper there for someone else.

Serenity now.

We will never know how it affected Karius.
In a final (especially playing for a team from the EPL) it´s important to not show that someone´s hurt you (act like a bitch). But the whole pr thing doesn´t feel right. I´m not a concussion expert but I guess there is different degrees of how severe it is.

He got a concussion.
Wé don´t know anything.
He fucked up.
We lost.
Fuck it.
Move on.
I´m backing Karius,
And thats EXACTLY what they want you to think.

Yeah, but we pay a lot of people to look at all angles of the game. We should be able to spot things like this. I assume our guys aren't watching us on Sky, they should have access to every angle and every view. Especially in a game this important. They spot these things easily in rugby, not spotting them is a problem for our players health, and our ability to beat other teams.

Hmm remember when Mick McCarthy didn't know Spain were down to 10 men in the last 16 of the WC.

Things get missed,

Look even if we took him off knowing he was concussed we would have had Mingolet in goal..

Think about that for a second.. He plays like he is permanently concussed..

This needs to be left well alone.

At best it's Karius doing a version of "the dog stole my homework", but it changes nothing: we lost the final and he's not good enough.

He should have stayed down/gone down again and waited for treatment. I doubt Hendo or anyone else was aware what had happened.

This is true and it highlights the naivety that costs us on the big stage - we fail to do the 'dark arts', whether it be running down the clock, managing the game, drawing the ref's attention to fouls or "enforcing" the safety of our more vulnerable players. In the days of Smith, Case, Souness, Carra, Gerrard etc, Ramos wouldn't have got away with his attacks on Salah and Karius - indeed he would have had more respect than to try.

We are fantastic to watch, but Milner, Hendo, VVD et al are far too "nice" - and nice guys don't always win things.

Give him the support he needs. It is why I feel that there is no point in getting Alisson, Oblak is on another plane, but Karius has potential to be just as good or better than Alisson.

Haha. The opticians in Specsavers have made a commercial about how Karius took down a harmless cross before he threw the ball in the legs of an opponent on the radio over here. He should have contacted Specsavers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom