• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Karius concussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are being called sore losers, but is there such thing as a sore winner? Apparently so, judging by the this morning's meltdown in Real's mouthpiece, Marca:
===========
If there’s one thing we can take from the Spanish press on Wednesday, it’s that they haven’t taken the Karius/concussion news well at all. Sergio Ramos, who’s being blamed for it all, made his personal views on the matter rather clear with some highly sarcastic comments, and now it’s the club’s turn, via Marca, to unofficially have their say.
The Spanish outlet believe the 13-times Champions League winners have ‘coexisted as best they can in what they consider to be a campaign to discredit the impressive successes of recent years’, with the ‘Karius case and his concussion during the final being the final straw’.
Within the La Liga side, they believe the report released a couple of days ago by the Boston hospital regarding the German goalkeeper is purely an ‘image clean-up’, and they somehow understand it is something that ‘isn’t even medically accurate’.
At this point, Real Madrid are said to be astonished and ‘don’t know what will come in the next episode of this film’ that has followed the club since the final in Kiev.
Marca explain the La Liga giants are ‘really upset’ by the whole thing, unhappy to be see their image once again tarnished by ‘an issue that should only affect Karius and Liverpool’.
The newspaper spoke to someone within the club, who said: “Their image agency must be phenomenal. They deserve a 10 in this image campaign. It’s amazing.”

Looks like you have a full-blown Stokholm syndrome. Or Kyiv syndrome in this case.
Not really. I just know how big corporations work.
I dont think we are actually trying to discredit Madrid, we are trying to spin Karius as the opposite to a lame duck. Madrid just happened to be on the other side of the pitch.

I think anyone buying this bullshit is weak minded as fuck.

I dont think we are actually trying to discredit Madrid, we are trying to spin Karius as the opposite to a lame duck. Madrid just happened to be on the other side of the pitch.

It's a sprightly swan. I have consulted the concordances of antonyms and the opposite to a lame duck is a sprightly swan.

I said it before, I think all things considered it's much more plausible that Karius has actually sustained a concussion after the Ramos elbow to the head than LFC creating a huge and possibly illegal conspiracy to pretend there was a concussion when there actually wasn't. The PR benefit is negligible if not negative, judging by the media reaction so far, but it would be risky as hell – imagine how many people would lose their jobs if we actually faked it and this comes out. It's ridiculous to suggest that a big corporation would take these kinds of risks up and down the command chain to make one employee feel better about themselves.

Oh, and you also said you liked Ramos and his snide response to injuring two of our players in the final. Whereas I think that deliberately trying to injure another player or two during a game is despicable and certainly not worthy of any kind of praise. I'm glad Firmino called him "an idiot" yesterday. Surprisingly, it looks like this story has really got under Real's skin and therefore I'd like to poke them a bit more – appeal to UEFA to ban Ramos for life, for example. They won't do it, of course, but it will be funny to watch Marca go ballistic and Perez's head explode. And strategically it won't hurt to create some really bad blood with Madrid, so they forget even thinking about signing our best players.

Last edited:

I don't doubt he suffered some level of concussion; as said elsewhere it is possibly illegal, at best unethical, for a doctor to issue incorrect medical statements.

But it is a bit cringeworthy as it comes across as excuse making.

That said, the Germans (Bild) bought it, and if it means we get £20M for him rather than a bag of spuds, its worth it, isn't it?

Madrid's reaction to it is equally cringeworthy too; they should just ignore it and gaze lovingly at their 13 pairs of big ears.

I don't doubt he suffered some level of concussion; as said elsewhere it is possibly illegal, at best unethical, for a doctor to issue incorrect medical statements.

But it is a bit cringeworthy as it comes across as excuse making.

So let's say Karius did sustain a concussion – a mild one, obviously, but still. You're the manager or the CEO, your medical department informs you and the player about this – what will you do?

a) Conceal and hide the medical report. If Karius (understandably) wants to reveal this information, try to prevent him from doing so (possibly also illegal since it concerns his own health).
b) Tell the truth, even though some will accuse you of making "cringeworthy excuses."
c) Any other option?

It looks like this story has really got under Real's skin and therefore I'd like to poke them a bit more – appeal to UEFA to ban Ramos for life, for example. They won't do it, of course, but it will be funny to watch Marca go ballistic and Perez's head explode. And strategically it won't hurt to create some really bad blood with Madrid, so they forget even thinking about signing our best players.
Jesus wept.

Quite. And the irony is, while striving to paint Karius as anything but a calamity, we're actively trying to buy a keeper.

"He's not really shit! But we bought a new one just in case!"

I said it before, I think all things considered it's much more plausible that Karius has actually sustained a concussion after the Ramos elbow to the head than LFC creating a huge and possibly illegal conspiracy to pretend there was a concussion when there actually wasn't. The PR benefit is negligible if not negative, judging by the media reaction so far, but it would be risky as hell – imagine how many people would lose their jobs if we actually faked it and this comes out. It's ridiculous to suggest that a big corporation would take these kinds of risks up and down the command chain to make one employee feel better about themselves.

Oh, and you also said you liked Ramos and his snide response to injuring two of our players in the final. Whereas I think that deliberately trying to injure another player or two during a game is despicable and certainly not worthy of any kind of praise. I'm glad Firmino called him "an idiot" yesterday. Surprisingly, it looks like this story has really got under Real's skin and therefore I'd like to poke them a bit more – appeal to UEFA to ban Ramos for life, for example. They won't do it, of course, but it will be funny to watch Marca go ballistic and Perez's head explode. And strategically it won't hurt to create some really bad blood with Madrid, so they forget even thinking about signing our best players.

I'm sure they wish they'd never played us in the final after all this!

What the feck happened to 1-5???

geisha4.gif

They are ubermench, they dont have 1-5.

I don't think the club's done anything wrong. If Karius has been judged to have suffered concussion, it was right to acknowledge it. If some Spanish hacks react to that - a tad insecurely, I think - as the club 'excusing' the loss, well, that's their problem. It was noted after the win in 2005 that Hamman was playing with a fracture - presumably that would also have been revealed had we lost. I guess if we'd lost in 1965 the club would've had to cover up the fact that Gerry Byrne had a broken collar bone! None of the players criticised Ramos publicly after the game, or any other Madrid player, so it's a bit rich they're now having a dig. They won, we lost, we all move on, but facts are facts, and there's no reason for them to resent them, let alone other people who've nothing to do with it at all, such as Courtois.

We should have moved on after the whistle blew 2 weeks ago.

It's a shame that all the beautiful football that got us there will never be spoken of again much like 07 on the road to Athens.

I loved how we stuck it to Wordy in the semi final!!

Fuck you wordy fuck you!

But ya move and this may only be brought up as a video montage for revenge when we meet them in the final next year in Madrid.

I don't think the club's done anything wrong. If Karius has been judged to have suffered concussion, it was right to acknowledge it. If some Spanish hacks react to that - a tad insecurely, I think - as the club 'excusing' the loss, well, that's their problem. It was noted after the win in 2005 that Hamman was playing with a fracture - presumably that would also have been revealed had we lost. I guess if we'd lost in 1965 the club would've had to cover up the fact that Gerry Byrne had a broken collar bone! None of the players criticised Ramos publicly after the game, or any other Madrid player, so it's a bit rich they're now having a dig. They won, we lost, we all move on, but facts are facts, and there's no reason for them to resent them, let alone other people who've nothing to do with it at all, such as Courtois.
Great response Macca.

In many ways, I feel like we actually won that final.

Can you list them? Because I actually can't find any silver lining to losing to this shower of absolute cunts who were not even the better team on the day.

Last edited:
So let's say Karius did sustain a concussion – a mild one, obviously, but still. You're the manager or the CEO, your medical department informs you and the player about this – what will you do?

a) Conceal and hide the medical report. If Karius (understandably) wants to reveal this information, try to prevent him from doing so (possibly also illegal since it concerns his own health).
b) Tell the truth, even though some will accuse you of making "cringeworthy excuses."
c) Any other option?
I don't know - I said it comes across as excuse making, but I didn't say it was wrong.

Maybe say he had concussion, but don't make a point of linking it to Ramos' elbow, or even the match … but then folks would still make the connection

As I said, I don't know what the right thing to do was, and even if this was the right thing, it doesn't stop it being a bit cringeworthy

In the film Escape to Victory, Luis (played by Edson Arantes do Nascimento) suffers a very similar injury, he goes off down the tunnel to be replaced by Pieter Van Beck (played by Co Prins).
Very similar, and in the film he too looked upset as he goes off.
HOWEVER, in the film they were allowed to bring him back on and Edson Arantes do Nascimento sounding suspiciously like the Count from Seasame Street says ‘Atch (although the characters name is Hatch, this is because of the accent I just mentioned) I waant to play, I feel gooood I feel better’ hahaha (I added the hahaha bit, he doesnt say that) and then he comes back on.

Now we arent allowed to do that so in this case Salah would have had to stay on. The big difference being Salah was playing some preening footballers, Luis was playing THE NAZIS.

And the captain Baumann is INTENTIONALLY punching Luis in his poorly arm throughout the game which is ignored by the Nazi bought referee. Still he played on, and scored a bicycle kick Bale would have been proud of.

So yeah. Mo is a quim.
You lot are cunts for not giving this more love btw.

You lot are cunts for not giving this more love btw.

I liked that movie. At that time a Norwegian was found good enough to be part of the star team. Those were the days.... we even gave Maggies boys a hell of a beating at Ullevåll!! Can you imagine!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom