• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Keita

Status
Not open for further replies.

This analysis focuses on the switch in Kroos's position that occurred roughly after 12 minutes, where he moved deeper and to the right into an area that none of our players were prepared to follow and press him – and that allowed him to dominate the game from there on unchallenged. The crux of the problem from our perspective was that Wijnaldum playing LCM didn't want to press nearly as high as Keita on the other side and also having the more attacking Keita at RCM meant that Trent was left without protection against Vinicius, which together with Kroos having the freedom of the Di Stefano proved to be fatal. A simple switch between Keita and Gini might have mitigated the problem, but for some reason we didn't do it.

This is not to absolve Keita's performance, but Klopp did him no favors by selecting a tactical plan that was easily undone by Kroos's switch. After that he was in no-man's land, caught between trying to press too high and protecting the full-back all the way at the other end of the pitch. A more tactically intelligent and confident player might have been able to adjust mid-game, but Keita coming in without match practice couldn't and had to be hooked. Ultimately it's on the manager for selecting a player who wasn't able to do a job the game needed him to do.

Also, credit to Kroos etc., they were hitting these passes on the first touch, over the top or past our press. Tough to defend against.
If we had Firmino working deep from his position. that would have helped a lot against them dropping deeper to avoid our press, open up space.

Also, for the second situation, that is more for Fabs, not for Keita to come across so far...if he did, it would, ironically, leave him more open to what they criticise him for in the first situation..

Last edited:
"Cut-price Pogba" about says it all.

He's done nothing here and the sooner we get rid the better. I don't like to write players off but he's a hole in the lineup.

Also, credit to Kroos etc., they were hitting these passes on the first touch, over the top or past our press. Tough to defend against.
If we had Firmino working deep from his position. that would have helped a lot against them dropping deeper to avoid our press, open up space.

Also, for the second situation, that is more for Fabs, not for Keita to come across so far...it would, ironically, leave him more open to what they criticise in the first situation..

Came on to say this.

The biggest issue in this game was Kroos dropping deep and picking up the ball.

I think Bobby probably would have done a better job harrassing him and not allowing him so much time on the ball.

Yeah, this was a make or break season for both Chamberlain and Keita, and it stands they are contributing nothing, and bleeding our resources by 240k a week.

Both have proven to poor investments. The problem is they were meant to be part of the generation after Henderson, Wijnaldum and Thiago, but they are no closer to being reliable first team players.

It's time to cut our losses and find adequate replacements. They won't get any better or more reliable with age.

Yeah, this was a make or break season for both Chamberlain and Keita, and it stands they are contributing nothing, and bleeding our resources by 240k a week.

Both have proven to poor investments. The problem is they were meant to be part of the generation after Henderson, Wijnaldum and Thiago, but they are no closer to being reliable first team players.

It's time to cut our losses and find adequate replacements. They won't get any better or more reliable with age.
Chamberlain was fucked by an injury that no one in football has ever come back from. Up until that point he was having a good season.

I'd sell both, but this will be a terrible market to sell in. A very difficult transfer window awaits.

We are lucky however that we have a smashing talent coming through in Jones. Elliott is also a player who I think will eventually make it at CM.

Also in the u-18s rank, some very very promising players coming through at CM/CAM in Balagizi, Kaide Gordon, Musialowski and Frauendorf. You'd hope at least a couple of them will make it.

I'd also be very interested in signing Michael Olise from Reading. Looks a top class talent, and I think he could play in a number of different positions the way Saka can.

We are lucky however that we have a smashing talent coming through in Jones. Elliott is also a player who I think will eventually make it at CM.

Also in the u-18s rank, some very very promising players coming through at CM/CAM in Balagizi, Kaide Gordon, Musialowski and Frauendorf. You'd hope at least a couple of them will make it.

I'd also be very interested in signing Michael Olise from Reading. Looks a top class talent, and I think he could play in a number of different positions the way Saka can.

Id love us to get Saka.

Id love us to get Saka.
I'm yet to see what the fuss is about Saka. Obviously he's very young and will improve but he would cost a fortune and there's a decent chance he's not gonna be as good as many people think.

I'm yet to see what the fuss is about Saka. Obviously he's very young and will improve but he would cost a fortune and there's a decent chance he's not gonna be as good as many people think.

He’s just gone down injured so he’d fit in.

The times I’ve seen him he has been the best player on the pitch. Head and shoulders above anyone else in that team.

I think he's been held back a bit by how good he is meaning he's been shuttled around 3 or 4 positions, a bit like Gerrard was when he broke through. He never looks out of his depth no matter where he's played and he's often the best player in the Arsenal team. If there was any chance of signing him we should be doing whatever we can to make it happen.

I think he's been held back a bit by how good he is meaning he's been shuttled around 3 or 4 positions, a bit like Gerrard was when he broke through. He never looks out of his depth no matter where he's played and he's often the best player in the Arsenal team. If there was any chance of signing him we should be doing whatever we can to make it happen.

We missed the boat with him, and Martinelli, unfortunately.
Before their contract extensions, we should have made noise, or offers, to try and unsettle them.

I also think it's time to let him go. He's never there to Keita to our needs.

If it was a straight choice between Saka and Raphina for the same amount of money (let's say £65m) then I'd choose Saka everytime because at least he has potential. Raphina is probably the finished article and is a inferior version of Mahrez. Leeds bought him for £20m and imo he ain't worth much more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom