• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on twitter pointing out their confusion as to why he'd write for mirror after all the racist headlines they had over suarez!

Someone on twitter pointing out their confusion as to why he'd write for mirror after all the racist headlines they had over suarez!

Well he wouldn't have gone back to the Mail after their unbelievably childish and petty rejoicing when he got sacked.

I like the article but I'm a little surprised at KK writing a column.

I like the article but I'm a little surprised at KK writing a column.

Why? He did it for the Mail on Sunday before. Some hack calls him, asks him a few questions and cobbles together an article, he goes off and plays golf and there's a cheque on its way.

Who gives an honest fuck.
Why wouldnt he write a piece if asked?

He isnt the press hating misery arse some folks reckon.

Why? He did it for the Mail on Sunday before. Some hack calls him, asks him a few questions and cobbles together an article, he goes off and plays golf and there's a cheque on its way.
Hi GK - I just note his general disdain for the media given his last year at LFC. I'm surprised he's writing for 'The Mirror' - His talents as a writer are good and belong in a more well balanced broadsheet. IMO

No mention of Downing then.

Pity he didn't make more of an effort to sign some of those players he listed.
I can well understand why posters left this site after enduring shite like this disrespecting Kenny at every turn.

I can well understand why posters left this site after enduring shite like this disrespecting Kenny at every turn.
Hey there - Can you explain that post a little? What posters and who disrespected who? As far as I'm aware everyone on this site holds The King in the highest regard.....

Hey there - Can you explain that post a little? What posters and who disrespected who? As far as I'm aware everyone on this site holds The King in the highest regard.....

Everyone? Nah. Some ( a handful which I would prefer not to name) would gleefully put their boots into Kenny every time there was something negative like a draw and especially after a loss. They conserve their venom after a win. There are some venom leftover to be unloaded still.

There was plenty of disrespect shown to Kenny, the people giving it saw it as the truth, which it may well have been, but the way it was said was disrespectful, given who they were talking about. I doubt any of them would have said it to his face.

Some people went heavily overboard with their badgering of Dalglish just as some of us went overboard in our defence of him. The truth of the situation lies somewhere in middle. There were threads that were designed around Dalglish to be needlessly antagonistic but there were certainly camps. One thing thats made me laugh is the Diame rumour. When Kenny was linked with signing him some of the anti-Kenny camp we're going nuts and now Rodgers is supposedly a fan of the player, not a peep. To balance that out we have the likes of dantes claiming he'd sack Rodgers for signing Diame but not Kenny. It's fucking ridiculous. He's either or good, bad or indifferent player. He cannot change depending on who signs him.

Dalglish has gone now and I don't know why people keep persisting in having a pop now and again at him. Probably because they know people will react. And people will. I always will because I'll defend to the hilt a man who's given so much for this club. Always. We've a new manager and our focus should be on that now. Banging the Dalglish argument on and on isn't going to end well and will only generate further bad blood. Look the the future instead. Discuss Rodgers.

I'm worried that in writing these articles Kenny may damage his legendary status. After all, he's been away from the newspaper industry for some time and may not have kept up with progress. It's a different industry now, much faster.

Mirror sales and it's fortunes have been falling recently so I can understand why they've brought in a sporting icon to steady the ship.

I just hope that he's shown the respect he deserves and that if some issues disappoint the readers won't disrespect him (even though I understand they didn't see him in his pomp) and give him the time he needs.

I agree with Sunnys post there. We need to move on.
I tried whenever possible to defend Kenny although I was critical about much of his reign. That said i really couldnt give a fuck what anyone else says or does regarding their own thoughts on Kenny or anything else for that matter.
I never will fully understand why people think their moral code should be THE moral code that ought to define how everyone else should feel about a subject. Or for that matter how people can get het up about someone else views or opinions on a given matter, i really just dont have that gene in me.
I had the same thing in the past when i was lambasting Rafa and others thought I was shameful, for me it was just my opinion, and i NEVER meant to antagonise or 'troll' anyone. I hated Rafa and would tell people at the drop of a Maxi.
This is by the by.
Kenny came in when he was asked to, did a job steering us through the choppy seas of new ownership into a bright new dawn. His job was somewhere between good and laughable depending on who you survey, but the question that was raised when he was first hired was 'will it damage his legacy' it hasnt not for me and I suspect not for most. The past is the past and Kennys name is writ large in it.

Maybe he shouldt have come back. But he did. And he tried.
And what more can we ask of someone who loves the club?

Brendan is now here and has a clean slate. I hope he brings us all the success we deserve.

I never will fully understand why people think their moral code should be THE moral code that ought to define how everyone else should feel about a subject.

Some people do find it disrespectful, granted. The issue isn't really this at all though, it's the repetitive trolling of the same posters in every thread that touches on the subject.

You say yourself you were critical of Kenny (as was I), but you offer balance in your opinions and perspective and not just continuous vitriol to the point of posting in many threads that mention the guy that you "can't fucking wait for them to sack him", "hope he goes because he's been fucking rubbish" and you're "glad he's now gone because he was a complete disaster". That's what tests peoples patience, not the criticism, not even making your point known that you don't think someones been good enough at their job, it's the constant jibes at ever opportunity without an ounce of perspective, credit for what minor good he did do, or even bothering to put together a reasonable argument. As I said in the other thread, it's trolling. And some posters even think they're somehow radical and too cool for school because of it. No, you just sound like a dickhead mate.

There was certainly plenty of disrespect shown toward KK. Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there was no need for people to be blatantly disrespectful.

Maybe I dont fully understand 'Trolling' then.
I thought trolling was repeating an opinion that you dont even nescessarily hold to wind people up? I didnt think having an opinion that others disagree with and repeating it ad nausiem was trolling.
I just find it hard to believe that Hmmmmmm1 for example was trying to wind people up. People used to get fucking livid with me regarding Rafa but i wasnt TRYING to make them livid, it just would wind me the fuck up people saying he was great when I could see he was shit, so i said as much....often.
Now I dont read ALL of any posters posts so maybe you are right and some posters chose to ignore opportunity to praise Kenny but personally I think thats their porogative.
I dont think I will ever understand this whole thing mate. I can see how emotive it is to some people but i just dont get it.

Anyhoo, like i said, all past is prologue.
The future is now.

Do you not think some of these posters do it to wind people up? Have a look, the same people have repeatedly antagonized posters in threads and often do. Some even champion themselves over it after a bad result. Isn't that job done?

Anyway, as you said, let's move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom