• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Kevin De Bruyne

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Binny

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member

[article=http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/30/jose-mourinho-storms-out-press-conference-chelsea]José Mourinho walked out of his pre-match press conference having taken issue at questions over the absence of Kevin de Bruyne from his squad to face Steaua Bucharest in the Champions League group stage.

After a few perfunctory questions about the Champions League game he was asked to explain why the Belgian was not joining the trip. "This is fantastic because no one asks me about [Juan] Mata," he replied. "You have spoken about Mata for three weeks. Now you're asking about Kevin.

"You are impressed in the players who are not playing. He was not selected. It was my decision. Only 11 can play and I tried to decide, by what they do on the pitch when they play and in training …

"This fellow knows me for nine years and that I make mistakes, but I try to be honest all the time. I was honest with Juan because of what he's done in training and what he's done in the game he played, and so he plays. With Kevin I didn't like the match he played against Swindon, and I didn't like the way he was training. But you only ask about the guys who were not selected. Thank you."

With that he upped and left, apparently turning over a chair in the process.[/article]
[article=http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/kevin-de-bruyne-forced-to-train-with-chelsea-under21s-following-poor-performance-8849095.html]Chelsea attacking midfielder Kevin de Bruyne has been dropped from the Chelsea first-team squad after Jose Mourinho fumed following his unimpressive performance in the Capital One Cup victory over Swindon last week.

De Bruyne had started the season in favour following Mourinho’s return to Stamford Bridge, but having impressed in pre-season and the season opening victory over Hull City, he has slipped out of favour and is likely not to travel to Romania for the Blues’ Champions League match against Steaua Bucharest.

The Belgian has been told to train with the Under-21 squad for the next three days, and de Bruyne is believed to be deeply unhappy with his treatment having been left out of the match-day squad for the London derby against Tottenham on Saturday.

The 22-year-old had a successful loan-spell when he spent last season with Werder Bremen, although he rejected a return to Germany after Mourinho convinced him he featured in his Chelsea future.

Champions League runners-up Borussia Dortmund were interested in signing de Bruyne, but having begun the Premier League ahead of two-time club player of the year Juan Mata, the Belgium international appeared to be a rare young breakthrough into the Chelsea squad.

But his future with the Blues has now been thrown into doubt and with next summer’s World Cup creeping to the forefront of players’ minds, de Bruyne could consider another loan-move in January to try and cement his place in in the national squad.

Mourinho had criticised de Bruyne for his performance last Tuesday. Asked if he was pleased with what he saw, Mourinho replied: “not so much.

“The next time Kevin is on the pitch, he has to think he’s playing for his next appearance. At Werder Bremen [on loan last season] he played every game. Here he’s not playing every game. In Bremen he didn’t need to prove himself so much. This is a different reality. He’s competing against very good players, so every minute he’s on the pitch he has to work really hard.”

But de Bruyne had appeared to be determined to fight for his place, admitting that he had managed it in his recent years with Genk and Bremen.

Speaking in an exclusive interview with The Independent’s Sam Wallace, de Bruyne said: “I am a fighter. I learned it at Genk in my first year when we were fighting against going down. Also at Bremen last year it was very difficult. We had to fight more often than not. I will fight again to earn my place.

“There were some teams interested in buying me but the manager [Mourinho] said he wanted me to stay. If he wants me to stay I cannot say anything. I just have to show everybody here that I can play football and I can help the team.

“It was maybe a little bit of a temptation. Dortmund is a big club and I really liked the league there. I was doing well and physically I was feeling good but I didn’t make any problems when the manager said you have to stay here. I just said OK, and I will work.”[/article]

Mourinho made the issue of it there probably more than the press did. He ended up making it look like there is an issue, by inadvertently criticising the guy to defend his decision. If he was that upset by the questioning, why even bother trying to reason it?

School boy error to add to the notion that he's not quite as sharp as he once was.

Mourinho made the issue of it there probably more than the press did. He ended up making it look like there is an issue, by inadvertently criticising the guy to defend his decision. If he was that upset by the questioning, why even bother trying to reason it?

School boy error to add to the notion that he's not quite as sharp as he once was.

Yeah, Mourinho has been quite un-Mourinho like so far.

It was like he was slowly boiling over with rage after and then left before it completely consumed him and he could no longer control himself.

I'm not quite sure what I'd enjoy more - Moyes lowering expectations at Utd or Mourinho self-destructing at Chelsea.

He's never been good with young players imho.
The Mata issue and loaning out Lukaku. He's gotten to clever for his own good.
Its very enjoyable to watch.

I think he's secretly planning to get sacked by the chavs to coincide with Moyes getting the boot so he can finally get his dream job.

If you want to get a fucking brilliant double up, stick yer money on West Ham sacking Fat Sam and appointing Di Cannio (January).

On the flip side, no one is talking about his Chelsea teams unconvincing performances. Just about him. Which is probably his goal, no?

This season is panning out great in terms of who the top 6 managers are and their respective situations. Moyes is barely keeping his head afloat, Mourinho looks indifferent at times, losing the plot at others, Wenger can be jumped on and murdered by Bendtner anytime, and there's something about Villas-Boas which gives off a bottler vibe. Pellegrini will be hung out by a player revolt or sumthing non-performing big club players with too much money do.

Compared with the rest, Rodgers is probably the most sane and even-keeled, and least likely to react to a provocation.

It's not Rodgers we need to worry about, it's that nut job number 7 who could derail us.

That said, he could be the man to push us into the top 4 or higher.

Don't fuck it up Luis.

Maureen is a prima donna twat. Always has been. When he wins stuff it looks amusing and the press lap it up, when things go against him he spits his dummy. Hoping this second time around with the Chavs is the beginning of the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom