• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Kevin Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Asbo link=topic=47800.msg1439072#msg1439072 date=1323173398]
I'm watching the Match and now the After Match phone in, I didn't realise Kevin Friend pulled Suarez to one side and said "Stay on your feet" ......

The guys are talking about it now on the programme
[/quote]

Yea you could totally lipread it, Suarez went down and held his mouth a bit after a challenge and whined about it, then I think Danny Murphy had a go at him for it.

The ref then spoke to him and it was clear what he said "Listen, stay on your feet"

What are they saying about it? Suarez does go down easily, but is it the refs place to comment on that? Card him for diving or give him the decision.

[quote author=Markeh link=topic=47800.msg1439079#msg1439079 date=1323173948]
I'm watching the Match and now the After Match phone in, I didn't realise Kevin Friend pulled Suarez to one side and said "Stay on your feet" ......

[/quote]

Yea you could totally lipread it, Suarez went down and held his mouth a bit after a challenge and whined about it, then I think Danny Murphy had a go at him for it.

The ref then spoke to him and it was clear what he said "Listen, stay on your feet"

What are they saying about it? Suarez does go down easily, but is it the refs place to comment on that? Card him for diving or give him the decision.
[/quote]

That tackle was a brutal foul, and amazingly enough not given. Especially amazing when you look at some of the free-kicks he gave to Fulham later. It is a body check in a situation Luis is first into the situation and there is no chance in hell he could have stayed on his feet there.

It wasn't a bodycheck - we're starting to get way carried away.

Suarez played the ball one way and tried to run around the other. This very rarely works in football, there's seldom the room to pull it off, and it's very easy to make it look like a foul when it wasn't, because you just have to run into the player. I'm 95% sure Suarez didn't expect to get the ball. It wasn't a dive, but it certainly wasn't a penalty one either.

I also think the Adam one was outside the box and that if Adam had played in Bellamy we wouldn't be arsed about the decision.

I do think the Suarez goal should have stood though. It looked about level.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=47800.msg1439117#msg1439117 date=1323176098]

Suarez played the ball one way and tried to run around the other. This very rarely works in football and it's very easy to make it look like a foul when it wasn't, because you just have to run into the player. I'm 95% sure Suarez didn't expect to get the ball. It wasn't a dive, but it certainly wasn't a penalty one either.

I also think the Adam one was outside the box and that if Adam had played in Bellamy we wouldn't be arsed about the decision.

[/quote]

Mark Wright and David Fairclough just said that because Haagland (spelling) moved to block him it was 100% a penalty because he didn't even know where the ball was....

Suarez played the ball one way and tried to run around the other. This very rarely works in football, there's seldom the room to pull it off, and it's very easy to make it look like a foul when it wasn't, because you just have to run into the player. I'm 95% sure Suarez didn't expect to get the ball. It wasn't a dive, but it certainly wasn't a penalty one either.

[/quote]

yeah and if Dempsey had been booked for the cynical tackle from behind in the first half, the squaring up to Belelrs would have been his 2nd yellow

Did Dalglish say anything about the ref?

I hope he didn't...

Cuz the last time he said something about speaking to Phil Dowd (or was it Mike Riley), we got all the calls in the next match against us. Clearly the FA have it in for us this season.

They have blown the Suarez Diving, Suarez Racism allegation way out of proportion. They will no doubt blow the 'flipping bird' incident out of proportion too. It seems he is very much being targeted.

Best we can do is just whither out the storm. Or Kenny can try turning the heat back on Fergusson by pointing to his players diving or something....i just don't know how that will work out.

[/quote]

I think you will find that despite the body check he did actually get to the ball. So I think your 95% assumption is wrong there.

[quote author=Asbo link=topic=47800.msg1439121#msg1439121 date=1323176287]

[/quote]

yeah and if Dempsey had been booked for the cynical tackle from behind in the first half, the squaring up to Belelrs would have been his 2nd yellow
[/quote]

The Dempsey v Bellamy decision was the worst, twice he put his head into Bellamy. It was saintlike not to react to that by Craig, yet he got a yellow card. If he went down rolling around Fulham could have been down to 10 themselves.

The referee was shit really.

marginer_928509a.jpg

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=47800.msg1438838#msg1438838 date=1323131710]
Go and fuck yourself Ryan. I don't know who the fuck you think you are sometimes.
We had several very good reasons to cry foul tonight on very poor, and critical refereeing decisions, all of which had a very strong chance of affecting the outcome.It's not a matter of being like fucking Everton at all you cunt.
If we don't play well, I am the first to say so, if we play well and lose fair and square, I take it on the chin, and if we don't play well and we do win, I will own up to that too, it's about being fucking honest.
If I see a game where the ref had a stinker and it looks like it costs us, I have as much right as anyone to be upset about it as anyone, and not have some sanctimonious twat blurting on about team selection.
The facts are Senderos was a very lucky bunny to still be on the pitch for two yellow cards, let alone the debate about preventing a goal scoring opportunity.
Spearing in many other circumstances would not have had a red card
Suarez was on-side when he had a brilliant goal dis-allowed
I am still not convinced the actual challenge that felled Adam was not on the line
Dempsey to was lucky to still be on the pitch.
It was a pretty finely balanced game and a reverse in anyone of those decisions would have changed the result significantly.
[/quote]

Well said.

[/quote]

I said it in another thread. It's none of his damn business. What's he going to do next - tell Dirk to lean slightly forward, get his feet right before trying a volley? Is he a coach all of a sudden? If he thinks someone's simulating, book them. Otherwise, he should mind his own business and shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom