• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Klopp calling out FSG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmishra

Very Well-Known
This has been building up for a while, and today was I think the closest you'd get in Klopp calling them out.

Any surprises here? That Ornstein tweet to me spoke everything where he said that the owners feel they've spent big already on Darwin, and further investment is unnecessary.

FSG it seems are adamant that all purchases should be funded primarily through revenues generated by player trading.

Darwin funded by sales of Mane, Minamino, Neco & Davies.

Konate & Diaz funded by sales Wilson, Awoniyi, Shaqiri, Grujic

Jota, Thiago & Tsimikas funded by sales of Brewster, Hoever, Lovren & Ejaria.

Alisson, VVD, Salah, Fabinho, Keita funded by Coutinho, Sakho, Solanke, Ward.

It goes on.

They spend subject to a substantial amount being recouped through sales. That's already happened this year, and they don't want to spend more without any further corresponding sale.

Given that, I'm also certain that if we were to try for someone like Bellingham next year, it'd only be if we can find a number of players to sell to generate 60-70 million. Kelleher, Gomez and Jones to me are the obvious ones who'd be considered.

He's hardly called them out, but you can see he's itching to say something, but wants to keep the good employee, happy family look going.

If he did come out against them properly, he'd have the entire fan base on his side, and FSG would be in a real corner. I wish he would.

This summers statements by Klopp was the closest he has gotten to Rafa using Ballague to complain about Parry. He will not directly call them out as that is not in his nature.

I don't watch baseball but seems like we are not the only ones complaining.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Yet Klopp signed a new contract. If he didn’t like/approve of this approach then he’d fuck off.

Plus, it’s his own fault spunking all that cash on Andy Carroll.

Isn't this similar to my Arsenal 2.0 post, where I said they're not really bothered about silverware? I was told I was being reactionary

I'd fucking hate to think that John W Henry would have to risk any cash whatsoever in return for the gargantuan capital gain he's still building up, after buying the club at a zero-risk knockdown price.

It'd be almost too painful to contemplate.

You can almost feel it coming. It'll start when Klopp finally leaves.

I guess you could call it that. Either way, it's kinda confirmation (not that we needed it) that FSG are the penny pinchers. That and the fact that the state of the squad is not all soley down to Klopp acting out of some kind of weird misguided loyalty to existing players.

We can suck it up I suppose whilst Klopp is here. I just worry - as said before - that when he's done (either in terms of his contract or his ability to develop the team) that we're going to face some rough years.

That is Klopp's version of "I am focused on training and coaching my team".

Yep, and by risk he means taking a risk on his ageing and unpredictable lineups because he likes to give extended Contracts to proven injury ridden players.

It's Klopp's fault too.
Who told him to hold on to Ox and Keita until their contracts were up?
Same goes with Gini, Can and Moreno. Why sell Mané when he only has a year left?
It's obvious to me that Klopp holds on to players for too long.

Last edited:
It's Klopp's fault too.
Who told him to hold on to Ox and Keita and their contracts were up?
Same goes with Gini, Can and Moreno. Why sell Mané when he only has a year left?
He wasn’t complaining when offered £15 mill a year knowing what they were like.

It's Klopp's fault too.
Who told him to hold on to Ox and Keita and their contracts were up?

Ya never know. He might hold onto players because he’s not convinced he’ll get a replacement.

Ya never know. He might hold onto players because he’s not convinced he’ll get a replacement.
A replacement for Ox? How hard can it be?
"Does he get injured a lot?"
"No?"
"Well then, welcome to LFC"

It's Klopp's fault too.

dont be daft modo. its obvious now that klopp and his team have been operating within limited means.

you all talk as if everything in life's all black and white. this isnt fantasy football ya know

It's Klopp's fault too.
I blame the Sporting Director for those. Mane was wondering they won't talking about renewing his contract 24 - 18 months before it ended, that's down to the owners and SD. Naby should and Ox should have gone last season, again waited to the last 12 months and now both will walk as will Bobby.
If your model is sell to buy and then fail to sell, you are then having to trade in the promising youngsters to raise cash for an experienced player.

I know I just bitched.... Weren't the club gonna go for Nunes but Klopp blocked the transfer. Now Klopp's comes out and says we need a new MF, and now we here FSG are blocking it.
Something doesn't add up

dont be daft modo. its obvious now that klopp and his team have been operating within limited means.

you all talk as if everything in life's all black and white. this isnt fantasy football ya know
I know, but you get more means to buy if you sell players that have been under-performing for years.

It's Klopp's fault too.

Maybe that's his way of proving a point to them. Maybe that's a strategy that FSG are content with. A toss up between receiving £20m now, or keeping them in the squad for another year until we get who we want. It's arguably wasteful, but then the alternative is we sell Ox for £20m and bank that until we buy player X next summer, or we keep Ox for a year and cut our losses, in the hope that he'll provide some depth when available. We all have our opinions on Ox, he's done, but it's a toss up between squad numbers or doing without both and potentially being hit. Let's not forget, we have a good youth set up where we seem to have a conveyor belt of outgoings for fairly decent sums, maybe this helps balance us keeping hold of more experienced, if often unavailable players. For all the Gini's and Can's, we also kept the likes of Origi for longer than we had a right to, and we reaped the rewards while his playing career arguably suffered.

I think we all expected Ox and Keita to get injured and probably a few others, I don't think we could have banked on so many getting injured again at the same time. And if there is a reasonable point in saying that most of the currently injured players are fairly injury prone, maybe that's another symptom of our transfer policy - that we're willing to gamble on these sorts of players, because we can't always operate in the same market as other clubs, so we'll take players like Ox, Shaqiri, Thiago, Matip, Konate, etc who clearly have questionable fitness and or attitude records, but are worth the punt to save a few quid (to the owners).

I agree that there are massive flaws in the system, I also think Klopp is very clever in how he has called out the owners in typical carefully worded fashion. Let's see what the reaction is. I don't necessarily agree with Klopp that sometimes he wishes we could just gamble, because we've been there and then moaned in the next window that the extra £20m wasn't available to buy this player or that player. It's a fine line.

We're never going to invest with these guys, not in players, because they have a short shelf life, but they will invest in other areas to hopefully help us grow in terms of revenue. I don't like the lack of player investment, but I'm thankful for their commercial input, for their stadium investment, for tapping into other commercial markets. The question has to be, when do we start bearing the fruits of all of that on the pitch?

Last edited:
My take is that FSG will spend when they think they need to - which basically means in order to guarantee CL football.

That's not necessarily as bad as it sounds, because 'guaranteeing' CL football more or less means being a title challenger: you have to be clearly better than the 5th best team in the country, and that implies being close to the best team in the country.

But the downside is they're completely ruthless when they think they don't have to spend and can just rely on e.g. Klopp, or our shrewd player trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom