• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Klopp Stropp ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woland

6CM Addict
Klopp not turning up isn't just bad for the competition or disrespectful to the opposition, its shit for our kids who will be playing. It kinda makes a mockery of the whole point of the fairly recent change of bringing the under 23s and first team squad together to train. It's a massive Idgaf about you either.

Klopp not turning up isn't just bad for the competition or disrespectful to the opposition, its shit for our kids who will be playing. It kinda makes a mockery of the whole point of the fairly recent change of bringing the under 23s and first team squad together to train. It's a massive Idgaf about you either.

I assume he and his staff already booked their holidays and they probably deserve it as well. The work done the last two seasons have been extraordinary, and I have no problem if they take a week off which they knew would be a free week already in August. I would rather we have fresh minds and tanned faces for the remainer of the PL/CL campaign than anything else.

Well in Mr Klopp, it's not like we owe the FA any favours

Yeah, it's the FA's fault we couldn't beat Shrewsbury.
Actually I blame Shrewsbury for having the temerity to realise we were shite and score two goals to force a well-deserved replay. Shame we weren't playing a better side, like Aston Villa, and could just get battered 5-0, job done.

Yup.

Actually I blame Shrewsbury for having the temerity to realise we were shite and score two goals to force a well-deserved replay. Shame we weren't playing a better side, like Aston Villa, and could just get battered 5-0, job done.
It's got nothing to do with Shrewsbury really has it. It could' ve just gone to extra time then penalties. No need for a replay.
It's not like it's a competition we take seriously is it.

Largely agree, but in current circs.I don't really have a problem with a replay as we have players who can do with the game time.

Nor however do I have a problem with what Klopp's said. He's been making his (fully justified) point about replays for a long time now and as per usual the FA have taken, er, FA notice, so either he lets their stubbornness have an adverse effect on LFC or he makes a stand and I personally do not give one shiny sh!te, let alone two, how that might be "seen" by others.

No, its the FAs fault that a replay is getting scheduled in the Winter break.
Its their fault that fixture congestion is happening, and that you essensially get punished for being in several competitions.
Why have a two legged semi final in the league cup, and why have replays in the FA cup. It makes no sense.

Finally the clubs get a winter break from the Premier league, which other leagues have had for a long time. And the FA schedules a replay in that week, its madness and clueless.

The players are getting time off and wont be at Melwood that week, so they’ll get rested both physically and mentally. That goes for the coaches and the manager as well.
I agree that some of the players coming back from injury could have taken part in that game, but then you lose the whole point of the winter break. And this has been planned for a while.
We play Wednesday and Saturday this week as well, so you can say that a break is much needed.
Firmino has played in 34 games this season, in January. And that without the Internationals.
Its utterly insane.

I agree that Klopp should be there in some capacity against Shrewsbury, but at the same time I cant understand why he wont given all the games we’ve played so far.
He needs a break as well.

I expect there's going to be some fallout over Klopp not attending the game, will be interesting on how him and the club field that, as it's been pretty much plain sailing for him since he's been here as everyone loves him.
I'm probably in a minority here, as I know that Klopp and the players are all multi millionaires, but I think Klopp needs the break. Not physically, but mentally. The top managers are doing 12hr shifts 6 or 7 days a week in some cases, it's proper full on. He's more deserving of a break than some of the players like Lallana, Shaq and Lovren etc that have hardly featured.

There is allways a chance of a replay whoever you meet. The FA can't demand us beating Shrewsbury to avoid a replay in the winter break. So this is all on them. They have to find other dates for the replays. FA Cup is their property and hence by arranging it this way they risk to lose some credibiltiy for the tournament, and that be followed by less TV money, less sponsor money etc.

Whether Klopp has a point about being told to respect the break or not, it won't come across that way. It will come across partly as a sulk about the fixture list and partly as a signal that we don't really care about the FA Cup this season.

I don't actually have a massive problem with a similar team to yesterday playing in the replay. They will at least have something to prove.

I get the FA are kinda contradicting themselves but Klopp doesn't need to be so outspoken here. Let's not bring attention to ourselves. Play who is available and see what happens. Lets not make a big deal of it. If the first team are getting a break then play the kids etc. Can we not turn this into a polarising situation? We are top of the league and by far the best team in the country. Lets's just get this reply over with.

Whether Klopp has a point about being told to respect the break or not, it won't come across that way. It will come across partly as a sulk about the fixture list and partly as a signal that we don't really care about the FA Cup this season.

I don't actually have a massive problem with a similar team to yesterday playing in the replay. They will at least have something to prove.

Klopp's hissy fit is probably as much about his frustration with his own players as it is the FA, because we were truly shit

The starting eleven in that match should be told - it’s your fucking fault there’s a replay for playing shit.

So - you’ve fucked your own holidays - so get your sloppy arses back out on the pitch and win the fucking replay like you should have won the first match.

And if you can’t beat Shrewsbury at Anfield- you can fuck off on a holiday permanently.

The starting eleven in that match should be told - it’s your fucking fault there’s a replay for playing shit.

So - you’ve fucked your own holidays - so get your sloppy arses back out on the pitch and win the fucking replay like you should have won the first match.

And if you can’t beat Shrewsbury at Anfield- you can fuck off on a holiday permanently.

I think that's what he's said already

Largely agree, but in current circs.I don't really have a problem with a replay as we have players who can do with the game time.

Nor however do I have a problem with what Klopp's said. He's been making his (fully justified) point about replays for a long time now and as per usual the FA have taken, er, FA notice, so either he lets their stubbornness have an adverse effect on LFC or he makes a stand and I personally do not give one shiny sh!te, let alone two, how that might be "seen" by others.

He doesn't have a God given right to be obeyed.

We don't just get to dictate FA policy.

It's got nothing to do with Shrewsbury really has it. It could' ve just gone to extra time then penalties. No need for a replay.
It's not like it's a competition we take seriously is it.

We don't, but maybe Shrewsbury do and so do the sides who can make a nice chunk of money (relative to the size of the club) from replays/making it further etc. I agree it's a serious inconvenience but I think Klopp should manage the kids. Players like Matip, Fabs and Lovren should be involved too since they need to get up to match fitness.

He doesn't have a God given right to be obeyed.

We don't just get to dictate FA policy.

No, but he's made a reasoned case and IMO is entitled to expect (as anyone in such a position would be) an explanation if that's turned down. If there were a good reason you'd think the FA would want to publicise it. Some might think their silence suggests there isn't one. I know whom I trust on the matter, and that has every bit as much to do with the FA and the history of its dealings in general as it does with the fact that Klopp manages my club.

McAteer was on Bein sport last week and talked about Klopp maybe leaving the jobb in the future due to "burnout".
Dunno about that but he looks a bit tired and stressed out lately.
Maybe he's the one who needs a break?

I didn't make this topic, and I wouldn't have called it Klopp Stropp if I did, which I wouldn't, coz I didn't.

I think this would have been a lot better if he'd have said it before the game. Also, the club should defo be doing the tickets for the same price as under 23 games - free for season ticket holders and three quid for everyone else.

I think it's his way of telling the kids that they have to earn this shit. Which is fine by me.

Go out, beat Shrewsbury, then come back and let's talk about your "first team" opportunities.

I get why Klopp isn't at the game, he works long hours and is probably looking forward to spending time with his family. However, surely Pep (as long he wants it too) should have been given the reigns for the replay?

The kids struggled to get into the game cause the senior players were so off pace. It just gave us no rythem at all. Matip and Fabinho probably gave the ball away four times, at least. Lovren was Lovren for the goal..

I didn't make this topic, and I wouldn't have called it Klopp Stropp if I did, which I wouldn't, coz I didn't.

I think this would have been a lot better if he'd have said it before the game. Also, the club should defo be doing the tickets for the same price as under 23 games - free for season ticket holders and three quid for everyone else.
As great for fans as those prices would be I'm sure there'd be plenty of opposition given Shrewsbury will get half the gate money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom