1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Klopp

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by SummerOnions, May 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mersey86

Mersey86 Unknown Member

Over many years as a Liverpool supporter I have been privileged to support the likes of Dalglish, Rush, Souness, Hansen, Clemence, Grobelaar, Barnes, Beardsley, Aldridge, Paisley, Hollier, Benitez, Suarez, Gerrard, Hyypia and many more.  But nobody stands out more than Jurgen Klopp - he has brought us a level of entertainment and purpose unknown since the days of King Kenny.
    I only know about Shankly through my Dad and TV, but Klopp is surely closer to him than any of our other managers.   He is such a breath of fresh air in the modern, cynical, moneyed game.

Dreambeliever and mwake like this.
  2. Judge Jules

Judge Jules SCM Addict Member

I became a Red the year Shanks arrived as manager, so I was around throughout his time.  Their outward personalities are quite different - Shanks the sergeant-major, Klopp the Pied Piper - but they do have one or two things very much in common, notably a deep understanding of the importance of the collective ethos of a club and a team, building everyone up and binding them together into a single, focused structure.

I do agree about Klopp being a breath of fresh air, and there's widespread evidence for that in the number of supporters of other clubs who like him (even Mancs - perhaps especially them, actually, as they really wanted him at their club). but IMHO at the same time he knows exactly what he's doing and what effect he's creating.  Shanks was the same.  What you see is what you get/got with them, but it is/was directed at the same time as being absolutely genuine.

mwake, jimmy, Insignificance and 8 others like this.
  3. rurikbird

rurikbird Part of the Furniture Honorary Member

In a recent interview Klopp mentioned that he had to sign up for Twitter to watch some fan-created videos – in less than 24 hours his Twitter handle seems to have been unmasked. I give you @JNorb14. So far only 2 tweets: one trying to deny it's him, 2nd kind of confirming.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  4. MaBigTip

MaBigTip Very Active Member

I'd bet that's fake. Comes from the Pep and Klopp video that came out where he said he had to already. Someone is tryna capitalize.

5. rurikbird

rurikbird Part of the Furniture Honorary Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.