1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Klopp

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by SummerOnions, May 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peekay

peekay Well-Known Member

Three champions league finals and one Europa league final in 6 years, all with teams constructed on budget, incredible manager. Win the league and he goes just below Shankly and Uncle Bob in our greatest every manager list.

Frogfish, Ijg and mark1975 like this.
  2. Molbystwin

Molbystwin Well-Known Member

We should really talk about Klopp..... six final defeats in a row.... and Hendo is shit

3. Judge Jules

Judge Jules SCM Addict Member

That second one struck me particularly when I heard him say it at the time, and I thought about it last night as the final whistle went.  We need to go on from here and keep winning the big prizes now, but as far as that "doubters to believers" thing is concerned - mission accomplished.  :cool:

doctor_mac and Insignificance like this.
  4. SummerOnions

SummerOnions Let's Push Things Forward Member

Fucking hero mate. Taken us from losing to Stoke to coasting to a champions League final. Lifetime contract yeah?

Insignificance likes this.
  5. Dreambeliever

Dreambeliever Looking on the brightside Member

Ha ha. Let's see how next season goes first but right now it's hard to not want him forever.

I truly inspirational man

6. Judge Jules

Judge Jules SCM Addict Member

7. HC

HC Very Well-Known Member

Class

8. mark1975

mark1975 Moderator Moderator

We won something, what's next on your anti Liverpool/Klopp list? And you wonder why you're subjected to United jibes and so much other abuse.

9. hmmmmm1

hmmmmm1 Very Active Member

Even without winning previous finals, klopp has taken us to another level the following season. This win will be a game changer for us.

Stevesquash likes this.
  10. mark1975

Yep. This is what we needed really to sort of complete the progress, we are well equipped from top to bottom now - good owners, a brilliant manager, a fantastic team, we just need to win something to prove we're not just chasing other teams and perennial under achievers. Players will want to play for us, big name players, not that we need them.

Stevesquash, peekay and JurgenKlopp like this.
  11. KopRed

KopRed Very Active Member

It's a good point though re. players. 3 consecutive European finals, won 1, any player who desires a move to a bigger club will be attracted by us. Would we be interested though is the question or is Klopp sticking to his original statement of not making any big purchases.

I still think we can improve, especially depth to our front 3 and a capable deputy to each right/left wingbacks.

Stevesquash likes this.
  12. mark1975

Yeah, squad wise we can definitely improve. We could do with another wide forward, a playmaker and a couple of defenders, but we're not desperate, the team is good as it is. The only actual improvement for me would be adding someone of the same kind of ilk as De Bruyne/Silva/Mahrez.

13. Tinto

Tinto Very Active Member

Yep, but I would like a finisher like an Aguero too as an alternative to Firmino. Hope Brewster can be the one.

14. rurikbird

rurikbird Part of the Furniture Honorary Member

15. moron

moron i am legend Member

If we are going to restrict our purchase to one player then that player should be like one of the three you suggest.  I actually think it essential to get one of those player types.  I just worry if Klopp wants such a player, I know he admires them but i think Klopp hates dependecy on any single creative outlet.

16. Molbystwin

Molbystwin Well-Known Member

I think he likes the abuse...

I also wonder how long Modo will take to work out an anti Hendo poem under his posts is announcing idiocy.

Insignificance and mark1975 like this.
  17. FreshRed

FreshRed Very Active Member

The power of love. This is a team & club that really seems to love each other, their manager & coaches and vice versa. It feels so powerful.

There is no doubt that City is a great, great team and play together so well. But, they also just seem like professionals doing a job (which is not a bad thing all).

But, this means more. And, it shows.

18. rurikbird

rurikbird Part of the Furniture Honorary Member

To be fair, City do have team spirit - not so much as a fan base maybe (can’t really judge that from afar), but as a squad. Many of their key players come from similar cultures, they also have leadership from the likes of Kompany and Fernandinho and Guardiola does genuinely love the process of training and improving his players. That’s why there were able to withstand our pressure this season and win plenty of trophies in other pressure situations too.

For an example of a team without a semblance of an ethos or a unified mindset, a better example would be Man United after Sir Alex (ironically named in this context). Or you can list teams that do have a certain culture, but mostly a dysfunctional one - teams like PSG or Arsenal.

19. peekay

peekay Well-Known Member

Very good point about the owners also. They are not perfect. I also wish they had left the pitch yesterday and celebrated in the stands. However, there is a reason why their sports teams always do well. They really know how to run sports teams.

20. FreshRed

FreshRed Very Active Member

I agree City have a team spirit and some strong leaders. But, team spirit is less that really caring/loving each other. And, I think this comes straight from Klopp and all his bloody hugs. He loves his “boys” to the core. They love him back and each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.