• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Klopps to Leave at the End of the Season

Listening to his interview, and it really sounds like Klopp needs some Klopp hugs. I'm absolutely gutted about this, but you can hear in his voice that he's gutted too, that he loves the club and the players, that he doesn't really want to go, but he knows he needs to.
He's doing the responsible thing, he's leaving us in a good place, and he's guaranteed that we as a supporter base will be 100% behind him and the team all the way to the end.
And he leaves us not only with a strong squad, with trophies in the bag, great memories, but also state of the art training facilities and a 60k+ capacity stadium, none of which we had when he came, none of which we could have afforded if he hadn't managed his transfer budgets the way he did, whilst winning trophies as much through coaching as transfers.
I love him, he is a fucking legend, always will be. I'm glad the first question they asked him was if he was OK, that was what I wanted to know too. Sounds like he's just knackered. Shit managers can go on forever as the keep getting sacked and have time to recharge their batteries. Klopp is a victim of his own success, poor bugger.

"Are you concerned that this news will disrupt the season"

I'm 100% in the season

What I’m reading from the vid is that we fucked him by lumping on more work when we should’ve been doing the opposite. No director of football and all that, he was given a lot of extra responsibility that he was happy to take on but in hindsight wasn’t good for him.

I think that's reading into it too much.
He's sad cos he's leaving now cos he's gonna die come May
Maybe, maybe not. Truth is no one knows what's going on but it's not exactly impossible a middle aged man has been given some bad news by his doctor. Maybe it's not him but someone close in his family and feels he has to step away to be with them until he can come back. Like I say I hope not.

I'm surprised that the coaching staff are all going too. In that case, you do have to wonder if his replacement (and their own coaching staff) is already decided.
Maybe Pep is taking them to his next gig

"When you ask me if I'll ever work as a manager again - now I'd say no" "I'll never manage a club in this country" "Definitely won't be a manager for a year"

Quite normal that the assistant managers are leaving though.

It is, but they do also stay sometimes especially when there isn't a plan for a successor in place. I'm hoping the announcement means we've already agreed something ahead of the Summer. Knowing these lot in charge though, I'd be just as unsurpassed if we're sat here in August watching an X Factor-like TV face off between Jose and Fat Sam.

Back
Top Bottom