• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Klopps to Leave at the End of the Season

For me, he was maybe only the second male leader (public) I really connected with. He's honorable, decent, ethical, competitive, funny, smart, high EQ and great craic. And then on the field, he was one of the best in the world. He had dexterity, resilience, and more.

Most male leaders in my lifetime have not been someone I respected. This guy is the best of us all, he was someone you wanted to be. He was someone you wanted as a family member. I hate celebrity shit. I don't go in for adoration, but Klopp - wow, and he knew his shit. He could problem solve his way out of a game.

Would be a nice touch if the players on the last game of the season all decided to wear black armbands in a show of appreciation of all Jurgen Klopp as done for the club and the fans
YNWA Jurgen

Would be a nice touch if the players on the last game of the season all decided to wear black armbands in a show of appreciation of all Jurgen Klopp as done for the club and the fans
YNWA Jurgen
Fuck that. Red arm bands and when we score everyone lifts their shirt to show white t shirts underneath that have red writing ‘You turned us from Doubters to Believers. Thank you Kloppo!’

Just for a bit of devils advocacy. In many workplaces if someone leaves basically saying they’re burnt out there would often be question marks over the composition of the team they’re in and the way their superiors have been running the show.

In saying that it’s probably akin to being a prime minister or president, you get all the help you can use and more but at the end of the day your face needs to be in so many places. Beyond that Klopp has the colonels secret recipe in football, it’ll not work when things get delegated.

This was the biggest fear end of last season was not where we finished but what it was doing to Klopp, I thought we had avoided it and Klopp was back to form. Maybe he just can't maintain his intensity. Was always going to happen but thought we had some time, we totally got lucked with Klopp. He was born to manage us, it's going hard to imagine a more perfect manager.

Just for a bit of devils advocacy. In many workplaces if someone leaves basically saying they’re burnt out there would often be question marks over the composition of the team they’re in and the way their superiors have been running the show.
I worked in management consultancy for 16 years. It was a reasonably regular occurrence. I left my last consultancy in 2016 for exactly that reason

I worked in management consultancy for 16 years. It was a reasonably regular occurrence. I left my last consultancy in 2016 for exactly that reason

I see that so often.. the I'm just taking a bit of time with my family.

A year later when the NDA runs out, it can get interesting on LinkedIn.

I see that so often.. the I'm just taking a bit of time with my family.

A year later when the NDA runs out, it can get interesting on LinkedIn.
Lol - I left to go contracting and I now occasionally get work from my previous consultancies so no bad mouthing from me!

The only way any of this is remotely okay is if Klopp is taking over leader of the Labour Party shortly after lifting number 20 with us. If he can't run us, I'd have the man running the country without hesitation.

The next manager is gonna be shit.

You've been living in babylon. When it's over it's over.
@Woland - you maybe right, but I think Xabi Alonso if we get him - won't be shit, he won't be all embracing like Klopp, but I think he will be a winner for us, he seems to be working a miracle with his current club.

Does anyone think that he might take a 6/12 month break and end up at a club in Europe to an easier league either in Spain or Germany - i.e. he will take on an easier role, where the funds and players will only be the best in the respective league.

I still can't process this.

The only positive that I can think of, is that he's built us up on and off the pitch, to a level where the next manager coming in has a great platform to build upon.

There’s a rumour that P4AH FC are looking at Xabi4PM due to the current managers struggles - can you confirm or deny this?

In saying that it’s probably akin to being a prime minister or president, you get all the help you can use and more but at the end of the day your face needs to be in so many places. Beyond that Klopp has the colonels secret recipe in football, it’ll not work when things get delegated.

I’d say there’s something in it.

Watching the Norwich press conference, Klopp just looks spent and over it, like he’s been drained and has enough.

I think, reading between the lines, losing key back room staff - Edwards, Ward, etc and the seemingly never ending search for a new Director of football - or even disagreements over how that role would be structured and where the manager fits in, the short term nature of Schmadtke’s appointment.

It just seems to have taken a little too much out of him and he’s had enough.

It is a weird situation - we all thought Klopp might have been the reason Edwards & Ward left - maybe not, but. It getting a replacement in may very well be behind this in some way.

If you want me to go full conspiracy theory - FSG have done a deal to sell to the club to the Middle East and Klopp wants no part of it.

Woke up with a dark cloud over my head. Not felt like this for a long time.

I remembered beginning of this year, for some strange, inspired reason, i changed my desktop wallpaper to Klopp's Turning Doubters into Believers. Sort of like my resolution for the year.

Less than a month later, this happens.

It's weird cos i feel this year would also be a year full of transitions and changes, even in my on personal life.

Even entering this year just feels different. Like there's some kind of trepidation and caution - that this year would be a challenging year. We're all been through a great deal the last 5 years. I know i have. And i look into the mirror this morning thinking - he's right you know. We're not young rabbits anymore. I'm also pretty drained myself with all the battles that just keep coming and doesn't seem to stop.

But i've got a choice now. To doubt, or to believe.

That's the greatest legacy Klopp laid down didn't he ? Turning doubters into believers. It takes more than a special man to keep us going after losing all those finals, and then did the miraculous by doing what no man has done in the last 30 years i.e. cross that finish line.

So in honour of his legacy, I'm going to choose to believe. It's why we keep singing that same song every single bloody week since we were kids. As long as we're still able to breathe, there's always hope.

It's not gonna be easy, make no mistake about it. But there's always hope. We just have to believe. And sometimes we have to fight to get there. And so we will.

I'm not sure how this year will end but remember Salah's CL shirt ? Yes, i'll never give up. Never.

I will miss that silly goofy grin of a giant of a man. But the season isn't over yet and we've got a quad to win. So let's give it one more best shot and then we can all f off from football and 6CM forever.

I’d say there’s something in it.

Watching the Norwich press conference, Klopp just looks spent and over it, like he’s been drained and has enough.

I think, reading between the lines, losing key back room staff - Edwards, Ward, etc and the seemingly never ending search for a new Director of football - or even disagreements over how that role would be structured and where the manager fits in, the short term nature of Schmadtke’s appointment.

It just seems to have taken a little too much out of him and he’s had enough.

It is a weird situation - we all thought Klopp might have been the reason Edwards & Ward left - maybe not, but. It getting a replacement in may very well be behind this in some way.

If you want me to go full conspiracy theory - FSG have done a deal to sell to the club to the Middle East and Klopp wants no part of it.
I also feel a sale by the yanks is looming and on the horizon. Only a matter of time now. The entire backroom staff is leaving and i think it actually started with Edwards and co leaving. This means, surely there's sh*t going on behind the scenes.

Don't think i can stomach another sh*tstorm with managers like Woy and owners like G&H. Nah, i'm too old for that.

He's been talking sabbaticals a long time. That'll be my next vain hope; that hell return.

I didn't think he'd extend his contract, but I didn't see this one coming. We are going to see him in a year or so with another team. That I can't fathom.
I think he'd only go to the Germany national team. And then maybe a small local team without much pressure.

Yes, that will be tough to see. He did say he wouldn't manage another English team though, so hopefully he won't. That will be something at least.
Hopefully? He won't. He's promised he won't and even if he hadn't I'm sure he never would. How could you?

Reactions: dee
Hopefully? He won't. He's promised he won't and even if he hadn't I'm sure he never would. How could you?

Its like everyone who touted him for Bayern. He'd never fully get the affection from the Bayern fans.. and would be hated by the Dortmund fans.

Klopp is a man who feeds of positive energy from those around him. I can't see him managing there again. Maybe Dortmund again.. but not Bayern.

Could see him in France or Spain for sure though.

It's hard to see him in another role not in the least because there doesn't seem to be an obvious destination (barring the national team).

Back home, he surely won't go to Bayern. There doesn't seem to be a natural fit for him in Spain, Italy is a step down and he said he wouldn't manage another team in England.

Back
Top Bottom