• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Lamela

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, they bought us for a song, so they should be doing better than this and are devaluing the business by not splashing even a little - if Barrett is right

According to Di Marzio, no deal was agreed between Roma and Spurs and Lamelas representatives have returned to Italy.
They want 35 mill €

Seen somewhere there that we have put in enquiries today for lamela, draxler, arda, anderson (lazio?), and muriel.

We are getting diddly squat in the rest of this window, you can just sense it. Are people disappointed, excited or unmoved with our activity thus far? I'm disappointed as you can tell

The Tony Barrett article seems fine by me. We are looking for the right player, with the right motivation at a price we believe consistent with their market value. Until the Bale money runs out we are best placed keeping our funds ready.

Im happy with who we have brought in, Mignolet, Kolo, Aspas and Alberto look like cracking business.
Problem is we are one match winner short of a challenge.
Coutinho
Sturridge
Suarez
Gerrard
Are all match winners on their day. I just think we need one wideman. We are linked with the right people now (im not sure Costa and Henrik were).
Muriel would certainly be the dream but Lamela, Willian and the likes would all walk into our team.
The annoyance comes from the fact we are cutting cost and spending less at the very time other teams are on the back foot.
Moyes at United, Newman at citeh, Arsenal a mess, Spurs losing Bale and with a lot of new players, we have this window to bring ONE player in and add to our already good squad and not overly affect our flow. If we dont do it we're missing a trick and im worried the chance wont come again for a while.
So we hope.

Im happy with who we have brought in, Mignolet, Kolo, Aspas and Alberto look like cracking business.
Coutinho
Sturridge
Suarez
Gerrard
Are all match winners on their day. I just think we need one wideman. We are linked with the right people now (im not sure Costa and Henrik were).
Muriel would certainly be the dream but Lamela, Willian and the likes would all walk into our team.
The annoyance comes from the fact we are cutting cost and spending less at the very time other teams are on the back foot.
Moyes at United, Newman at citeh, Arsenal a mess, Spurs losing Bale and with a lot of new players, we have this window to bring ONE player in and add to our already good squad and not overly affect our flow. If we dont do it we're missing a trick and im worried the chance wont come again for a while.
So we hope.
Oh and Cissokho i forgot him.

I knew selling Downing was a fucking mistake!

Ayre on the blower tomorrow:

'Fat Sam, we've made a huge mistake, we'll take Stewart back, going rate is £30m, what say you?'

We've got some really good scouts, we've got a grown up policy that will stand us in good stead for years to come, and we've still got time to act. I'm not panicking.
That means a lot man.

Coutinho
Sturridge
Suarez
Gerrard
So we hope.

Agree with this 100%. Compare where we are today with last season at this time. We are miles ahead. One more match winner would be great, but I do not want us to throw money around just for appearances sake. If we can find a match winner for a reasonable value, then even better. Otherwise, keep the powder dry for January.

Oh....I would not mind another CB real soon. Worried about durability of Agger and Toure.

Of course i am because its blantantly obvious that our current squad isn't good enough for top 4. Our owners seem to trying to buy players on the cheap (according to the Tony Barrett article today)

You'd be pissed even if we have a squad competing for top 4 for another reason. It's your style.

Agree with this 100%. Compare where we are today with last season at this time. We are miles ahead. One more match winner would be great, but I do not want us to throw money around just for appearances sake. If we can find a match winner for a reasonable value, then even better. Otherwise, keep the powder dry for January.

Oh....I would not mind another CB real soon. Worried about durability of Agger and Toure.

Exactly. Look at how far the squad has come, how it has transformed really. And we have two weeks still, plenty of time to do proper business. Once the window closes, there's a lot of time for us to whinge.

Glen's pissed off because according to Tony Barrett......

Didn't we spend more than anyone in January? Didn't we spend more than most last Summer? It's been fairly obvious we've been restructuring finances in order to keep our noses above water and not go down the same route we did under G&H. If FSG ran us into the ground there would be riots, instead they're trying to put a plan in place for the future, which means having a valuation and wage earmarked for a player, so what?

Look at what we've spent in recent years, aside from the billionaire owned sides, we've spent more than most, yet people are moaning we can't compete, when it's pretty clear we have adequate finances but not an infinite pot, we have enough to compete, it's just about buying the right players and being shrewd about it.

If there's one thing I'm pissed off about with our pursuit of the bigger players, it's being dragged into £30m chases for over priced players that other, better positioned clubs, clearly already have their eye on. With Coutinho we went under the radar, same with Aspas, this is what we should be doing, not going for inflated value players.

As for Spurs, why do I get the feeling they have a deal in place with Madrid to allow them to get their business done first before Bale goes, A) so they can still attract the player and B) so they (believe) they won't get raped in the transfer market.

We both started this Summer with massive headaches regarding our star players, people seem to want their cake and to be able to eat it. We'll see who's kept hold of their best player once the dust settles, and whether cashing in was the right option. Right now, I can't be arsed getting hysterical about who does or doesn't come in - we're financially sound but unfortunately someway behind the Billionaires and those in the capital, it's been like that for ages, we just have to be clever bastards and stop with this bollocks of trying to play them at their own game. Let's all laugh at Liverpool? Seriously, have a look at the state of Arsenal's comings and goings by comparison.

Its frustrating cause I, like Oncy, feel that we're one more creative player away from really challenging for the CL places.

I'd be disappointed if we didn't get that player but I have no idea who that player is.

Oh, and Lamela, he's off to Spurs.

Its frustrating cause I, like Oncy, feel that we're one more creative player away from really challenging for the CL places.

I'd be disappointed if we didn't get that player but I have no idea who that player is.

Oh, and Lamela, he's off to Spurs.

I do agree we need a big attacking talent, I'm just not sure why we have to spend £30m to achieve that. It's like "oooh, look at Spurs, they've spent £30m each on Soldado and Willian, ergo we must do the same" - no, we really don't.

Either Spurs are going for a Leeds-esque punt on their future, or they're spending the Bale money early.

I do agree we need a big attacking talent, I'm just not sure why we have to spend £30m to achieve that. It's like "oooh, look at Spurs, they've spent £30m each on Soldado and Willian, ergo we must do the same" - no, we really don't.
I agree Mark, I don't care about the fee, we could sign some Egyptian lad for 5 camels for all I give a fuck as long as he can play.

It's a sign of the times, it's like a fucking hangbag. Spend £30m to keep up with the Joneses, just so we can say we can.

We both started this Summer with massive headaches regarding our star players, people seem to want their cake and to be able to eat it. We'll see who's kept hold of their best player once the dust settles, and whether cashing in was the right option. Right now, I can't be arsed getting hysterical about who does or doesn't come in - we're financially sound but unfortunately someway behind the Billionaires and those in the capital, it's been like that for ages, we just have to be clever bastards and stop with this bollocks of trying to play them at their own game. Let's all laugh at Liverpool? Seriously, have a look at the state of Arsenal's comings and goings by comparison.

This a million times. Spurs have done exceptionally well for themselves, but they also hit the jackpot with Bale and Madrid being ultra knobs for doling out that much. If we can't dine at the same table with the big boys, our transfer strategy just has to be cleverer. More Coutinhos, more Sturridges.

Do you know what I really like the look of Aspas and we have Sturridge and the excellent Coutinho from the get go this season, IMO we already have a better season starting team than last time out...

Spending 30M on a player is not the be all and end all of everything, yes its nice to splash cash but by the same token we wont be seeing Downing again and we've got a pretty good young attacking unit...

I don't know much about this spurs bound Willian fella, by all accounts he would have made us stronger but fuck it... Spurs will miss Bale be sure of that and spending 80 odd million is certainly no guarantee of anything.... anyway who is to say Aspas isn't just as much of a player??

I don't think anyone can really be sure we will definitely finish outside the top 4 football is not that black and white, what we do need is to concentrate on playing good footy from August onward not from Jan like last season... What was it 2 points from the first possible 15 last time out??

A mobile technically gifted attack is what i think we might be looking at this season we need to ignore the press hype and get them purring together as a unit.

And then By Eriksen, Muriel and the portugeeser defender just in case ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom