• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Leipzig or bust

Status
Not open for further replies.

SummerOnions

Let's Push Things Forward
Administrator
Oh well. League is lost.

Starting this thread even though I don't care just to stop dreamy ruining our champions League aspirations.

We're gonna dick them 4-0

I can't help but feel that if we had been booted into the Europa League, we'd have stood a better chance of going on a run. Dumped in the knockouts by the end of the first leg.

I'm not convinced it is just the fact that DB starts these threads that is the jinx, it is the fact he tends to do it just after the final whistle of the previous match. I heard once that Red Cafe lock match threads and open pre match threads as the final whistle sounds ... so he is obviously trying to imitate his heros

Anyway - you have broken half the jinx, but the other half remains

Do away goals count still count double? With it being at a neutral ground?

If so what's two times nil?

Will Jota be available?

No, he's not even back in first team training yet. we seem to have Thiago,Milner and Fabinho injured now too. So fuck knows who starts in midfield. Gini obviously because he's some sort of Omega man who will outlast all mortals.

Why don’t they just switch to one-leg ties? What’s the point of 2 legs if both of them have to be played at “neutral” grounds?

Why don’t they just switch to one-leg ties? What’s the point of 2 legs if both of them have to be played at “neutral” grounds?

That's absolutely ridiculous if true. Instead of one team having to travel (and risk CV infection) you now have both ! Utter lunacy. As has been shown there is little to no benefit to playing at home in an empty stadium.

Indeed just have a one off KO match. That won't suit UEFA or the TV companies though so clearly a no-go.

Not sure if this counts as a pre match thread, but I'm hoping CL is where we see the fruits of having Thiago & Shaq in our squad. I know little about RBL but I would like to see us start similar to the weekend.

---------------Alisson---------------
Trent--Kabak--Hendo--Robbo
----------------Gini-------------------
-------Shaq--------Thiago---------
Salah-------Bobby--------Mane

I haven't seen the post match analysis about the Ali/Kabak thing - but i'm putting 95% of the responsibility on Ali for that (he could see that Kabak hadn't heard him, yet chose to continue on his clearance attempt). We need to keep the faith as it is our medium term answer to getting Fabs and Hendo back to CM for the final 10 games of the season.

Can see the argument for Jones starting given he's been one of our best CMs this season and I'd have him over Thiago - but blind faith says he should do better in the CL.

Stop fucking about and stick Kabak and Phillips at the back so we can have our best midfield. That's it. Win the CL

I know - lets just do it I say, what difference does it make anymore ? - let's try playing Kabak/Phillips and Kabak/Davies or Phillips/Davies. Also I don't think we would be any worse of than a slightly moderate defence format we had before VVD joined us where we would concede the occasional goal - but have a midfield that would support the front three such that we could attack like crazy. I am with @gkmacca on this - if we cannot play the controlling game anymore due to our main defenders being out, then lets revert to the initial Liverpool way of attack and crazy pressing. At least that way we just push ourselves into form and have the stable midfield we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom