• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Leipzig or bust

Status
Not open for further replies.
are there more surprises left to to be uncovered in this season or we will go with normal routine of Klopp never getting knocked out of group games in 90 minutes football!

I think things come back to normal now or later.

Naby Keita has returned to training but will not be ready for Liverpool's Champions League clash with his former club RB Leipzig on Tuesday night.

The midfielder has been sidelined since featuring in the Premier League win over Crystal Palace in December, though moved closer to a comeback by joining his teammates in sessions at the AXA Training Centre. Keita is not going to be involved in the last-16 first leg against Leipzig, however, with further rehabilitation work on Merseyside preferred for the No.8 this week.

“Naby is no longer injured but he’s not fit yet,” said Jürgen Klopp at his pre-match press conference when asked for his assessment of Keita’s time with the Reds and an update on his condition.

“He was in training yesterday but it’s not sufficient yet. We will be away for two days and he will be in training; it’s better than flying with us. Of course Naby would have liked to be there when it’s against Leipzig.

In the latest training pics it's the usual suspects inc. Phillips, Rhys, Thiago, Kabak, Ox. and Shaq.

So, I reckon we hit back and score a couple tonight.
Not sure it will be enough to win it, but could be.
2-2, 3-2 or 2-3.

There's usually goals when they play decent sides.

Finished 3-2 against United, and they lost 5-0 on the reverse fixture. Away to Bayern they drew 3-3. Dortmund beat them 3-1.

They beat last year's finalists PSG at home 2:1

They have won three of their last four games

Will be an open, tough match.

e6bb11e8190cd3cc72d4ec3383f3bdc9.jpg

Other than perhaps Shaqiri, there is no one on that bench who can come in and not be a massive step down in quality. The first 11 will have to get it done.

Why is Klopp persisting with Henderson in defence? Not that he's bad, but how bad is Davies?

We will lose this one too
No Henderson in midfield
No press where it's needed most..
3 cb on the bench
Absolutely nuts lineup

Why is Klopp persisting with Henderson in defence? Not that he's bad, but how bad is Davies?

Do you throw a lad from the Championship straight into the CL knockout game? He just had a knock too. I would think Phillips would be a more viable choice.

Do you throw a lad from the Championship straight into the CL knockout game? He just had a knock too. I would think Phillips would be a more viable choice.
I don't mind Philips, I mean he did play in Germany, so let me rephrase, why isn't he playing a real defender when we have two available?
WTF is going on?

Phillips would be a more than viable choice..
Given he did a loan stint in Germany last season.. Also not done much wrong since being called upon this season

Phillips would be a more than viable choice..
Given he did a loan stint in Germany last season.. Also not done much wrong since being called upon this season
Like Mark said, he's being treated like a piece of shit.

It would be best if Thiago limped off early and they shoved Henderson forward and brought Phillips on

I wonder what time Jones is scheduled to be subbed and ruin the shape of the team again. No doubt Chamberlain will come on in fucking stealth mode again and Shaqiri will get 3 or 4 minutes to turn the game around.
Joking aside if I can see the problems with playing this side and the same formation that's performing poorly then surely opposition managers who are much more versed in tactical nuances than a dope like me should be able to navigate a way through us with ease. You know like teams have mostly been doing to us since Christmas. I don't want to criticise Klopp but the lineup, tactics and shape are all a bit predictable and if you add lethargy onto that then shouldn't he be looking at doing something a bit different to help us and confuse the opposition.
I hope I'm dead wrong and we play great tonight but this looks like horses for courses and that's not working currently.

Yeah, but I can understand Klopp wanting an experienced first-team player next to Kabak. I think it was an easy choice honestly.
At the expense of our midfield.?? which is evidently the problem at the moment..

We have one good presser in there.. and its wijnaldum..

The shape is all wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom