• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

L'Equipe: Monaco eyes Agger

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

the_khl

I am not sure this really needs its own thread but as is it a Liverpool related rumor I am not sure where to put this. Feel free to merge if I have missed something.

According to French newspaper L'Equipe Monaco has now turned their attention to their defensive line and Daniel Agger should top their wishlist.

The big-spending team has already bolstered their squad with the likes of Falcao, Moutinho and James Rodriguez.

Another more thorough translation of the article - which I can't find - states Monaco are close to reaching an agreement on a 4-year-deal with Agger.

If anyone (Binny) stumbles upon the article please supply a link. I do NOT like this at all.

I really find that hard to believe, considering the players we're losing as is in defence. Hope it's not true.

25 million and they can have him. That would be a fantastic deal for us and we can get Papadouplous and Fischer on that.

25 million and they can have him. That would be a fantastic deal for us and we can get Papadouplous and Fischer on that.
You just picked that figure out your arse though, LTW. There's no way we'd get that much for him. So it's better to keep him.

You just picked that figure out your arse though, LTW. There's no way we'd get that much for him. So it's better to keep him.

Why do you think we'd suddenly sell for less than last Season? Especially considering he's just played 36 league games without any major injuries.

And here I was thinking Monaco were just trying to be Porto from a few years ago. If they actually do get Hulk though...

Every player has their price, Agger inclusive.

well we've been bang average for a while now and the constant during that phase has been players like agger, johnson, lucas, skrtel, reina and gerrard. With the exception of gerrard i think it's fair to say the others have been very up and down and in reality are probably overrated by alot of us. So i'm at the point where i don't think i'd lose too much sleep if any moved on , agger included .

Another more thorough translation of the article - which I can't find - states Monaco are close to reaching an agreement on a 4-year-deal with Agger.

If anyone (Binny) stumbles upon the article please supply a link. I do NOT like this at all.

I'm sorry KHL but I'd be tempted to sell Agger if the offer was big enough.

I'd sell him for 15 million, if anyone offered that.

City offered a lot more last Season, which we rejected, why would you think his value has decreased that much?

If it's your personal valuation fair enough.

I'm sorry KHL but I'd be tempted to sell Agger if the offer was big enough.

Haha no worries mate I'll get over it.

Can also understand why we'd accept a £25M bid. Wouldn't be all happy about it, it's not me who's getting the money nor do we have guarantee we can get another equally classy and splendid defender in return, but, I would understand why we couldn't reject the offer.

Let's see, maybe it's all bollocks.

Why do you think we'd suddenly sell for less than last Season? Especially considering he's just played 36 league games without any major injuries.
Because currently it's in vogue on this forum, name a pricer for a regular starter and replace him with someone supposedly more expensive and exotic. Not just do this for one or two but do this for five or six. What could possibly go wrong with that logic?;)

Because currently it's in vogue on this forum, name a pricer for a regular starter and replace him with someone supposedly more expensive and exotic. Not just do this for one or two but do this for five or six. What could possibly go wrong with that logic?;)

Haha... spot on mate.

Because that's 38 less games he'll play during his career of very few games.
I like him, would much rather keep him, but 25m we won't be offered.

For the right price I would sell.

We are not in Europe next season, Suarez could be leaving so might as well sell all our top earners and rebuild.

If they're offering silly money (£20m+) then we should sell. If we spend wisely we could replace him for around half that, and perhaps even by another CB to boot.

We have a year with no European football so now is a great time to overhaul the squad especially if you're being offered pretty decent money for fringe or squad players. Where starting XI players are being sought with current medium to long-term contracts, we should maximise price if there are similar younger players available.

Wholesale changes in the short-term is never a good idea but sometimes you need revolution instead of evolution.

We'd almost be verging on insane not to sell him if Monaco offered £25m+.

Do you think they might be interested in Downing for around £20m as well?

We'd almost be verging on insane not to sell him if Monaco offered £25m+.

Do you think they might be interested in Downing for around £20m as well?

FUCK OFF. Downing stays ... he's so good, and unless we get Neymar-esque money, they can fuck right off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom