• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LFC Loan Watch - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Untitled.jpg

[article]Borussia Dortmund are eyeing Liverpool midfielder Tyler Morton.

Morton is currently on-loan with Blackburn Rovers.

Dortmund have sent their English scout Daniel Dodds - who was formerly at Southampton and Nottingham Forest - to check on Morton.

They are looking to make the 20-year-old their latest English starlet since the arrivals of Jude Bellingham and Jadon Sancho.

The former was brought in from Championship side Birmingham while the current United winger was signed from Manchester City's academy as a youngster.

They may have difficulty in their pursuit of Morton however, as he's viewed as a future star at Anfield having already made nine senior appearances for the Reds.[/article]

That’s starting to sound like the way we get Bellingham at a reasonable fee.

If we can insert a buy-back clause similar to tge Rhian Brewester one - like £40m limited to 2 years. - then it’s definitely worth considering.

£80m + Morton on a £40 buy back option fixed for 2 years.

While we’re at it - West Ham can have Jones & £30m for Rice in Jan - given his contract is expiring, that’s a good deal. They can have Ox too if they want.

Last edited:
[article]Liverpool midfielder Tyler Morton has revealed a “wake-up call” in his early training sessions, and hailed the impact of working alongside Thiago.

Morton is currently on loan with Blackburn in the Championship, and is standing out as one of Rovers’ key players in his first season as first-team regular.

It should serve the 20-year-old well as he sets his sights on a long-term role at Liverpool, with there clearly high hopes within the senior staff after nine appearances last time out.

Having stepped up to training with Jurgen Klopp‘s side during the international break in March of last year, Morton received a “wake-up call” in an inter-squad game.

“They told me I was playing centre-mid against a midfield three of Trent, Fabinho and Ox,” he told The Athletic‘s Caoimhe O’Neill.

“It was me, Leighton Clarkson and Jake Cain. It was the first time I’d ever been up there and just realising the quality – it shook me and was a bit of a wake-up call.

“I was like I need to switch on because I’m getting dizzy here. We were getting absolutely battered.

“I don’t remember us scoring and I think we had to pick the ball out of the net about three times.

“But it was that game when I switched on and kicked on.”

It was a wake-up call in the most positive of senses, as Morton caught the manager’s eye and began training with the first team on a full-time basis.

There, he fulfilled a dream of training alongside Thiago, who he had previously hailed as a “magician” having watched him with a close eye while at Bayern Munich.

“It is unreal playing with people like Thiago,” Morton continued.

“Just training alongside him and seeing the way he moves and his vision and awareness is just second to none.

“It keeps you on your toes because if you are on his team he is going to play you a pass when even you don’t think it is possible.

“When you first go up [to first-team training] you are a bit starstruck and you feel like you have to impress everyone.

“But when you get to know them as people you realise how down to earth they are, how normal they are.”

Morton’s words speak to how comfortable he has grown in the senior setup, which has helped him make a smooth transition into a new dressing room at Blackburn.

In 22 games for Jon Dahl Tomasson’s side so far, he has shone, which should go a long way to earning a place back at Liverpool when he returns next summer.
[/article]

[article]Liverpool midfielder Tyler Morton has revealed a “wake-up call” in his early training sessions, and hailed the impact of working alongside Thiago.

Morton is currently on loan with Blackburn in the Championship, and is standing out as one of Rovers’ key players in his first season as first-team regular.

It should serve the 20-year-old well as he sets his sights on a long-term role at Liverpool, with there clearly high hopes within the senior staff after nine appearances last time out.

Having stepped up to training with Jurgen Klopp‘s side during the international break in March of last year, Morton received a “wake-up call” in an inter-squad game.

“They told me I was playing centre-mid against a midfield three of Trent, Fabinho and Ox,” he told The Athletic‘s Caoimhe O’Neill.

“It was me, Leighton Clarkson and Jake Cain. It was the first time I’d ever been up there and just realising the quality – it shook me and was a bit of a wake-up call.

“I was like I need to switch on because I’m getting dizzy here. We were getting absolutely battered.

“I don’t remember us scoring and I think we had to pick the ball out of the net about three times.

“But it was that game when I switched on and kicked on.”

It was a wake-up call in the most positive of senses, as Morton caught the manager’s eye and began training with the first team on a full-time basis.

There, he fulfilled a dream of training alongside Thiago, who he had previously hailed as a “magician” having watched him with a close eye while at Bayern Munich.

“It is unreal playing with people like Thiago,” Morton continued.

“Just training alongside him and seeing the way he moves and his vision and awareness is just second to none.

“It keeps you on your toes because if you are on his team he is going to play you a pass when even you don’t think it is possible.

“When you first go up [to first-team training] you are a bit starstruck and you feel like you have to impress everyone.

“But when you get to know them as people you realise how down to earth they are, how normal they are.”

Morton’s words speak to how comfortable he has grown in the senior setup, which has helped him make a smooth transition into a new dressing room at Blackburn.

In 22 games for Jon Dahl Tomasson’s side so far, he has shone, which should go a long way to earning a place back at Liverpool when he returns next summer.
[/article]
I have high hopes - he looked to have great potential from the moment he stepped out onto the pitch for us.

[article]Liverpool are considering ending the Austria Wien loan of Billy Koumetio.

Making 11 appearances for the Viennese club, he has started seven times across all competitions but a late substitute appearance in a 4-0 Europa Conference League loss away at Hapoel Be'er Sheva on November 3 is one of just two outings, the other an OFB-Cup exit to Wiener SC, since the start of September.

In recent weeks before the World Cup break, Koumetio instead found himself representing Austria Vienna's Young Violets side as he was repeatedly left out of Manfred Schmid's matchday squad for Austrian Bundesliga action. As a result, reports have suggested Liverpool could look to terminate Koumetio's loan in January.

He told the Liverpool Echo: “I've felt very good here, it's been a few months. It's very different to Liverpool and even England, the country. The club is different, the league is different, the language is different. Everything is different.

“Everything is new for me but I would say I am now used to moving out of my comfort zone, from where I usually live. I was in France before I moved to England, and even before I moved to Liverpool, I moved from Lyon to Orleans.

“I was there for six months so there I learned how to cope with being away from my family. Then I moved from England to Austria. It's still a change. But it doesn't really impact me in a bad way, otherwise I wouldn't have made the move."[/article]

Why did we buy that Scottish fella when we have young Bradley?

I wondered that at the time. Hopefully, we get to find out soon. Either Bradley will get his chance next season or we will get a very nice fee from a lower to mid Prem club in the summer. He definitely has a lot of potential. Would fit perfectly into a wing-back system.

I wondered that at the time. Hopefully, we get to find out soon. Either Bradley will get his chance next season or we will get a very nice fee from a lower to mid Prem club in the summer. He definitely has a lot of potential. Would fit perfectly into a wing-back system.

The new guy looks money (based on the very little we've seen of him) to be fair.

Great for Bradley and us that he's doing so well.. but.. Bolton play in League One. The Championship is probably the next stop for him.

The new guy looks money (based on the very little we've seen of him) to be fair.

Great for Bradley and us that he's doing so well.. but.. Bolton play in League One. The Championship is probably the next stop for him.
I see your point but I would also equate Bolton and Aberdeen.

Leighton Clarkson with a nice strike around 2:44 (Rangers scored in the 95th and 97th min to stage a comeback. Aberdeen conceded a goal in the 87th min in their previous match against Celtic too. :confused:)

[article]Leighton Clarkson has found his passion for football again after making the move to Aberdeen.

The 21-year-old jumped at the chance of a loan move to his hometown club Blackburn Rovers a year ago but a lack of game time drained his confidence and he quickly returned to parent club Liverpool.

However, a second loan, this time to Scotland with the Dons, has reinvigorated the midfielder.

He told Red TV: “I’ve always played which is why when I went to Blackburn it was a bit of a shock.

“I’ll always say it was the best learning curve I’ll have of my career but hopefully it won’t happen again.

“Going there was a tough time but since coming here I’ve settled in well and I’m enjoying my football again.”

Clarkson does not regret taking up the chance to play at Ewood Park but when it became clear his playing time would be limited he knew he had to make a change.

He said: “I’m from Blackburn and the minute they came in I had to go.

“I maybe didn’t think through the decision enough but it’s happened and I can’t go back to the past now. I’ve come here and want to do as well as I can for Aberdeen.

“It wasn’t so much confidence. I was playing out of position then the team was flying.

“I think they won nine out of 11 and had kept nine or 10 clean sheets. They changed to a back five and the two in the middle were probably the best two at the club.

“They wanted me to stay but I couldn’t go through a year of not playing which is why I went back to the under-23s to get to grips with playing football again and get my fitness back.

“I could have stayed and sat on the bench for a year but I didn’t want to. I wanted to play men’s football and managed to get a good loan here. So far I’m really liking it.”

Following an unsuccessful loan Clarkson knew his next move had to be the right one for him.

The Englishman sought advice from former and current team-mates before making the move north but it is a decision he believes has paid off.

He said: “Coming here was something I needed.

“My first loan didn’t go so well and when I went back to Liverpool in the under-23s I performed week in, week out hoping I would get a decent loan to somewhere I could thrive.

“I know there has been a lot of young English players come up.

“Shamal George is at Livingston, so is Morgan Boyes. Andy Firth came back from Rangers and I spoke to him a lot about the Scottish Premiership.

“They’re three players who all said it would be good and something I needed.”

Clarkson’s start to his Dons career has been promising.

He has scored four goals and has two assists from his 14 appearances but the midfielder believes there is still room for improvement in the second half of the season.

He said: “I feel like I’ve done okay but I want to be doing better.

“There’s a lot to improve on. I’m only 21 and I needed these games to improve at playing a man’s game.

“Technically I feel I’m ahead of quite a lot of players in the league but the physical side is something I need to get to grips with.

“It’s going well but hopefully I can add a few more goals and assists in the second half of the season.

“I always try to get 20 goal contributions with goals and assists but really it is about doing the best I can for the club.”

Clarkson is away from home for the first time in his senior career but he is loving life in the Granite City.

The warm affection shown by the Dons support, allied to his contribution on the pitch, has ensured he is in a good place heading towards the end of 2022.

But with some huge games coming up, starting with Celtic and Rangers at Pittodrie in the coming days, not to mention a League Cup semi-final next month at Hampden, Clarkson is determined to carry on where he left off.

He said: “All the boys are eager to get back playing and we have two massive games against Celtic then Rangers. Hopefully we can get positive results and give everyone a good Christmas.

“Whenever you walk around here everyone is football mad. It’s quite crazy actually. The fans have really welcomed me and I’d love to give them a good season.

“The manager discussed the ambition of the club and wanting to get to semi-finals, finals and potentially winning trophies, and getting as close to second place as possible.

“We know with the financial gap they will always be ahead but we want to get as close to them as possible. We’re sitting in third place and have a semi-final to look forward to.”[/article]

Last edited:
Clarkson needs to go out on loan to a bottom half Premier league team next year - Southampton, Palace, Bournemouth, etc.

We need to be flogging him for £20m in a few seasons (unless he can force his way in to the team).

[article]Liverpool midfielder Leighton Clarkson will see out the remainder of his season-long loan spell at Aberdeen.

The 21-year-old has impressed for the Scottish Premiership club so far this term.

However, their recent loan arrivals of Patrik Myslovic and Graeme Shinnie led some fans to speculate that Clarkson was being recalled.

Aberdeen boss Jim Goodwin believes Liverpool are not making such plans.

"Leighton Clarkson, we have had constant dialogue up until last week explaining to Liverpool that we are delighted with what Leighton is doing right now," he said.

“We are really pleased with the progress he is making and Liverpool have kept really close tabs on him. They are delighted with his continued development, playing week in week out in the Scottish Premiership.

“He has been one of our better, more consistent players of the season. Leighton gives us that little creativity in the middle of the pitch. He is growing and growing from strength to strength I believe. Liverpool are delighted and are not looking to bring him back.

“That gives us really good competition. We have five very good central midfielders now in the two new ones, (Connor) Barron, Clarkson and (Ylber) Ramadani."[/article]

[article]Liverpool have recalled centre-half Billy Koumetio from his season-long loan with Austria Wien,.

Koumetio moved to the Austrian side in the summer but has been restricted to just five league appearances, the most recent of which came back in September.

He has returned to the AXA Training Centre where he will train and play with the under-23 side. His recall is not linked with hamstring injury suffered by Virgil van Dijk earlier this week at Brentford.

"We still think that this is an incredibly exciting player," said Austria Wien sporting director Manuel Ortlechner this week.

"He can have a really exciting career, but Liverpool want to bring him back now, they have the right."[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom