• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool Goal Scoring Table 2023/24

And you have something in for me? I was only replying to a post on Diaz.

I am confused. Who said anything about him playing like someone else. He is our worst attacker and the stats backed it up despite him starting most games.

If you have something else to say, make a point. Otherwise there is really nothing more to discuss.

I've got something in for everyone. Everyone gets the same treatment from me. Don't mind me, it's just who I am.

You've consistently brought up comparisons with him to Sadio to use as a stick to beat him with......& you can't say you haven't as I've seen it at least 10 times this season. Klopp clearly disagrees with you as other than the time he was given off, he's started practically every game over Jota/Gakpo.... soooooooooo yeah.

There will always be something to discuss where football is concerned, don't you worry about that.

I've got something in for everyone. Everyone gets the same treatment from me. Don't mind me, it's just who I am.

You've consistently brought up comparisons with him to Sadio to use as a stick to beat him with......& you can't say you haven't as I've seen it at least 10 times this season. Klopp clearly disagrees with you as other than the time he was given off, he's started practically every game over Jota/Gakpo.... soooooooooo yeah.
And you can reply with A POINT each time i made a post on Diaz. Or on the 10 times as you claimed that I had mentioned Sadio.

So Klopp picks him. There is nothing more to say.

Fine then let's shut the forum.

And you can reply with A POINT each time i made a post on Diaz. Or on the 10 times as you claimed that I had mentioned Sadio.

So Klopp picks him. There is nothing more to say.

Fine then let's shut the forum.

I have no idea what any of this is KR.

Have you had your Weetabix this morning?

All people wanna do is slate the same front 3 that Klopp keeps randomly picking that have us 2nd in the league, it's quite remarkable. Must be a fluke how we manage to win so many games and score so many goals.

5 times hitting the bar/post. A bit unlucky too that would make a huge difference to the table if just 2-3 had gone in.

Well if he’s hitting the ball and hoping for luck then we might have an issue.

Thats’s the coming for me - the fine line - those 5 go in and he becomes close to world class and we can start to think of him in terms of a Torres, Owen, Fowler, Suarez, Rush…

He hits the bar 5 times instead of scoring he starts to look more like another Collymore, Cisse, Baros, Benteke, Ronnie Rosenthal.

I like him - I just want him to score more - we’ll win the league if activates the full Darwin mode.

He’s been so unlucky. He’s super close. I love the partnership he and Salah have. I feel the team really believe they can go and win the league.

He’s been so unlucky. He’s super close. I love the partnership he and Salah have. I feel the team really believe they can go and win the league.
Except you don’t have the same belief in the team’s belief they can go on and win the league.

Diaz is shite and the worst of our front 5

He can be explosive and exciting, but then fucks up the last step.

Except you don’t have the same belief in the team’s belief they can go on and win the league.
Nope not this season. City are notorious for dominating second half of the season and we haven’t got the depth to survive the inevitable injuries.

Nope not this season. City are notorious for dominating second half of the season and we haven’t got the
depth to survive the inevitable injuries.

We haven't been too shabby ourselves in the second half of seasons....& that was with Fab Hendo and Milner in midfield.

Diaz is shite and the worst of our front 5

He can be explosive and exciting, but then fucks up the last step.
Calling him shite is a bit harsh...
He hasn't been great, I agree. But I wouldn't count him out yet.
I think Klopp needs to have a talk with him and get him to pass the ball more. Not try doing everything himself.

We haven't been too shabby ourselves in the second half of seasons....& that was with Fab Hendo and Milner in midfield.
No but never enough to win the league from City. The year we did it was our first half that did it.

No but never enough to win the league from City. The year we did it was our first half that did it.
So where were City in the 2nd half to try and keep up?

We're above them as it stands so they need to better our 2nd halves of the season which we won't let them do easily.

We're above them as it stands so they need to better our 2nd halves of the season which we won't let them do easily.
They have bettered our second half of the season pretty much every year.

18/19 season

Guess how it ended?

e90167f216dedc2f7d24a9ade2fa4e97.jpg

Again, to win the league we had to be 14 points ahead of City with one game in hand by New Year.

We need an unrealistic buffer against city.

Every year it's the same. Season starts, city have a spell where they struggle, everyon discounts them and either us or arsenal pull ahead by about 6-9 points

Then feb comes and a 15 game winning streak and it's all for nothing.

We need an unrealistic buffer against city.

Every year it's the same. Season starts, city have a spell where they struggle, everyon discounts them and either us or arsenal pull ahead by about 6-9 points

Then feb comes and a 15 game winning streak and it's all for nothing.
Exactly. Our only hope is injuries and they go after back to back CL’s, even then I don’t see us being able to compete with their depth and our own run at the EL.

Exactly. Our only hope is injuries and they go after back to back CL’s, even then I don’t see us being able to compete with their depth and our own run at the EL.

If we're still in the hunt for the league, give a fuck about EL.
We don't need to worry about it now, so just try and win what we can and get the buffer. Arsenal will drop off as they'll tire like they did last year. Only us and city seem to have worked out how to actually get better as the season goes on.

If we're still in the hunt for the league, give a fuck about EL.
We don't need to worry about it now, so just try and win what we can and get the buffer. Arsenal will drop off as they'll tire like they did last year. Only us and city seem to have worked out how to actually get better as the season goes on.
They will want both like when we nearly won everything.
Mo with another goal and assist double :D

Other players win pens as well. They are not counted in the stats so there is no point justifying winning pens as assist just for a certain player.

Diaz is simply not good enough for us. He pops up with a goal or two now and then but he doesn't contribute nearly enough to warrant a starting position. Even if the zero assist doesn't tell a story, just watch the games. He runs, beats no one, and passes back. That's all he ever does, no crosses, no through balls, no shots, little to no impact whatsoever.

His dad seems to be at the games alot recently I hope he makes some time to help his son engineer a move to Barcelona.

Barcelona are skint.
And still owe us the Coutinho money.

18/19 season

Guess how it ended?

e90167f216dedc2f7d24a9ade2fa4e97.jpg

Again, to win the league we had to be 14 points ahead of City with one game in hand by New Year.
And of course City have the same team / squad they did back then and not have half the squad being nothing more than average now. Oh wait a minute ...

Would you like to take a look at their squad and then tell us about their 'depth'? I'll wait.

And of course City have the same team / squad they did back then and not have half the squad being nothing more than average now. Oh wait a minute ...
Had they done it once, fine.

But these fuckers, have broken our hearts on three separate occasions within a 10 year period.

We still remember Arsenal stealing the league title from us 30+ years ago.

No, I refuse to underestimate City. New team or not, it's the same fucking coach.

Had they done it once, fine.

But these fuckers, have broken our hearts on three separate occasions within a 10 year period.

We still remember Arsenal stealing the league title from us 30+ years ago.

No, I refuse to underestimate City. New team or not, it's the same fucking coach.

And David Silva, Gundogan, Mahrez, Aguero, Fernandinho, Kompany, Laporte, Rodri missing, de Bruyne injured, Walker not was he was. That's more than half of their dominant team sold our missing.

I said recently that this is NOT the dominant City team of yore. It was the City midfield that was world class and that tore teams apart. It's gone.
They have some players that don't live up to their billing and are nowhere near as good as those they replaced : Grealish, Kovacic, Torres, Ake, Alvarez, Nunes, Akanji ... good players perhaps but not at an elite level.
Quoting myself from yesterday. Never mind they are now filling the bench with youngsters.

And who have they lost and who is injured and who did they buy? We were shite last season.
Yes and this season we drop 2 points against Luton who City are currently toying with. I'm not saying we can't win the league. We're top of the league, we're in the mix, we play City at home next. I'm just saying, you can never discount City.

Yes and this season we drop 2 points against Luton who City are currently toying with. I'm not saying we can't win the league. We're top of the league, we're in the mix, we play City at home next. I'm just saying, you can never discount City.
I'm not discounting them - I'm saying they are nowhere near as good as previous versions over the past 5 seasons and all this talk of them being capable of reeling off 15 straight wins is based on historical data (which they achieved once with a team / squad loaded with class players).
I don't believe this team is anywhere near that standard (a simple look at their lack of squad depth and current first team speaks volumes) and certainly not capable of that.
It may not be necessary to win the title but it's going to be a much tighter league this season.

I'm not discounting them - I'm saying they are nowhere near as good as previous versions over the past 5 seasons and all this talk of them being capable of reeling off 15 straight wins is based on historical data (which they achieved once with a team / squad loaded with class players).
I don't believe this team is anywhere near that standard (a simple look at their lack of squad depth and current first team speaks volumes) and certainly not capable of that.
It may not be necessary to win the title but it's going to be a much tighter league this season.
Sure they're not as good, but they're still good.
I won't get my hopes unless it's the end of April and we're 12 points ahead.

Back
Top Bottom