• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool players you've actively respected/liked/admired

Status
Not open for further replies.

localny

Well-Known
Following on from the dark side of the threads, name some players you admired not just because of talent, but also because of the way the carry themselves, even with the world at their feet...

Me first: Sami, Kenny, Jari, Rushie, Lucas, didi, xabi, Luis g, for starters...

Sami, Didi, Barnes, Alonso... and more.

Riise for being a bit mad and giving us loads of great goals.

I like Reina and Hamann, although I'm not sure either is unimpeachably virtuous - for that I'd nominate Lucas, Hyypia, and Henchoz.

Barnes, Sami, Alonso. Huge love for Bellers since he came back. I quite like Agger too. His honesty in the press and the respect he has shown for the club is admirable (ie Torres & Hodgson). I know he moaned a couple of times when he wasnt playing but I'll forgive him for that.

Sami a true leader and Dirk Kuyt for his spirit,dedication and haaaaard work. Last but not least the cult hero Igor Biscan for being cooool without being effective .

Erik Meijer
Veggard Heggem
Danny Murphy
Markus Babbel
Gary McCallister
Patrick Berger
Didi Hamman

After the way he's spoken out about racism John Barnes really stands out for me. He comes across as very intelligent and articulate.

In addition to the above, Ian Callaghan remains an absolute gent and legend. When Rodgers was announced as manager, Callaghan immediately referred to him as 'Mr Rodgers' and spoke supportively about him. He's as modest as he is great.

Erik Meijer
Veggard Heggem
Danny Murphy
Markus Babbel
Gary McCallister
Patrick Berger
Didi Hamman

Glad you mentioned Berger. What a player!

Patrick%20Berger.jpg

Our fullbacks from Shanks' early days - Chris Lawler, a cultured RB who was also dangerous in the opposition's pen.area, a quiet and modest guy who should have played a lot more often for England, and Gerry Byrne, a boyhood bluenose, LB and one of the hardest players we ever had, the only guy whom Tommy Smith thought twice about tackling in training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom