• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool players you've actively respected/liked/admired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our fullbacks from Shanks' early days - Chris Lawler, a cultured RB who was also dangerous in the opposition's pen.area, a quiet and modest guy who should have played a lot more often for England, and Gerry Byrne, a boyhood bluenose, LB and one of the hardest players we ever had, the only guy whom Tommy Smith thought twice about tackling in training.

Byrne and Lawler were a very contrasting pair weren't they? What Gerry achieved with bone-crunching tackles, Chris did with reading the game and staying on his feet. Lawler was the epitome of the cultured player and I agree he should have played more for England. Gerry Byrne wouldn't have survived 10 minutes with a present-day Premier League referee! :D

Kenny Dalglish
Emlyn Hughes
Ian Callaghan
Patrik Berger
Sami Hyypia
Didi Hamann
Dirk Kuyt
Alan Hansen
Ronnie Whelan

Dalglish, Rush, Hansen, Whelan, Barnes, Fowler, Didi Hamman, Babbel, Hyppia, Alonso, Agger, Luis Garcia, Suarez and Gerrard

After the way he's spoken out about racism John Barnes really stands out for me. He comes across as very intelligent and articulate.

John Barnes was probably my 1st love, being about 7-8 years old when he was at his peak. I remember he was always an intelligent and articulate pundit until channel 5 put him in the Des Lynham role, he was shit at that!

John Barnes was probably my 1st love, being about 7-8 years old when he was at his peak. I remember he was always an intelligent and articulate pundit until channel 5 put him in the Des Lynham role, he was shit at that!

Yes I agree that Barnes is excellent when interviewed and speaks a lot of sense. He was the only person in the media who stuck up for Suarez in the Evra affair and for very well-articulated reasons. However I also agree that Barnesey wasn't born to be a programme presenter! :D

But still loveable for his attitude, and big game presence no?

6 pages for the players we don't like, 2 for the players we like. Whats that about... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom