• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Southampton - Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Good on the MOTD people covering both penalty situations and acknowledging that Firmino should have had a penalty.

Bobby, Mo, Hendo and VVD were all great for me, too many others were really rushed and just not in control, constantly turning over possession. If a game really demonstrated why we will be champions, this was it. We played badly at times but are just so fucking lethal and can rely on so much recovery from VVD and Gomez, that we still somehow managed to keep a clean sheet and make the scoreline look like we murdered them. We didn't, but what we did well was absolutely up there with the best title winners.

I find us really difficult to describe this season, because we've slowly evolved from being an explosive "we'll score more than you" side, to this efficient machine that just has goals and talent everywhere, without ever really 100% demolishing teams in the usual way with sheer dominance. We've dominated teams and won 1-0, we've struggled to control games and won 4-0. Players can have an off day and others will step up, that's what champions do.

Too many times in the past we relied too much on our best players, this season everyone has stepped up at various times when needed.
I agree with all of this. Great post. You're right , we've always been pulled up by a couple of extraordinary players, That said, if you take Virge for the team, we're losing points.

karen7
Can't watch it anymore,the var stuff is so different from team to team,game to game,it just winds me up,after watching MOTD forgod knows how long i now only watch us,well done pigmol

From one of the angles you can see Henderson do his little hop after the assist pass to Salah. Haven’t seen one of those in a while.

I wonder what was behind the Hendo and Firmino goal celebration.
Was Bobby taking the piss out of the Hendo V Costa stare off?

It was great to be at the match and for silver Sean for sorting me with a ticket.

Most of Southampton best chances comes from lapses in our concentration. Seeing vvd up close, you really appreciate his quality, spraying the ball around the pitch with the outside of his foot and marshalling the tempo for the team. Hendo and frim were also first clsss and so was Alison, the guy is rapid off his line and has made crucial saves in the last few games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom