• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Southampton - Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was great to be at the match and for silver Sean for sorting me with a ticket.

Most of Southampton best chances comes from lapses in our concentration. Seeing vvd up close, you really appreciate his quality, spraying the ball around the pitch with the outside of his foot and marshalling the tempo for the team. Hendo and frim were also first clsss and so was Alison, the guy is rapid off his line and has made crucial saves in the last few games
Yeah, VVD is like a Rolls Royce compared to every other centre back, it's astonishing how good he is.

I think if you played him in midfield or even attack for a while he would do a good job there too, he's an excellent all round player.

The thing that strikes me watching us live in the flesh is the speed of our attacking play, it's hard to keep up watching, the opposition defenders just give up mentally eventually I reckon.

Yeah, VVD is like a Rolls Royce compared to every other centre back, it's astonishing how good he is.

I think if you played him in midfield or even attack for a while he would do a good job there too, he's an excellent all round player.

The thing that strikes me watching us live in the flesh is the speed of our attacking play, it's hard to keep up watching, the opposition defenders just give up mentally eventually I reckon.

The speed for our counter attacks is astonishing. 10 seconds between Ings dropping to the floor and the goal going in. So many correct decisions and passes in a short space of time. We saw it in the Watford match as well.

The back heel attemp from vvd could have been goal of the season. A cb trying and getting close is crazy. But it’s more the bread and butter stuff of basic defending, which he makes look easy. Rapid, good touch, rarely goes to ground. Robertson isn’t far behind, he really knows how to defend and get back into position

The speed for our counter attacks is astonishing. 10 seconds between Ings dropping to the floor and the goal going in. So many correct decisions and passes in a short space of time. We saw it in the Watford match as well.

The back heel attemp from vvd could have been goal of the season. A cb trying and getting close is crazy. But it’s more the bread and butter stuff of basic defending, which he makes look easy. Rapid, good touch, rarely goes to ground. Robertson isn’t far behind, he really knows how to defend and get back into position

It's been done...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom