• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs Ludogorets Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One good thing about being back in the Champion's League, a nice win and we can forget about Saturday.

Sterling should have been rested for this one; but since he started the last game then:

Mignolet
Manquillo
Lovren
Sakho
Moreno
Gerrard
Henderson
Lallana
Sterling
Balotelli
Markovic

Tempted to start Flanagan and Enrique if they are fit to keep M&Ms fresh.

If we can't beat a Ludogorets using some of the squad players then I would despair.

Mignolet
Manquillo
Lovren
Sakho
Moreno
Sterling
Allen(Lucas if Allen isn't fit)
Hendo
Lallana
Lambert
Balotelli

Straight 4-4-2, designated positions which should prevent our midfield from running into each other all game again.

Markovic and Can (inj) are suspended, which is why Sterling was rested on saturday.

I'd play:

Ming
Maniquin
Lovren
Sakho
Moreno
Gerrard
Hendo
Allen
Sterling
Balotelli
Lambert

4-1-2-1-2

--------------------------Mignolet

Manquillo-------Lovren-----Sakho------Moreno

--------------------------Gerrard

---------Henderson ------------------ Allen

---------------------------Lallana

---------------Sterling----------Balotelli

I've lost all hype for this despite it being my first ever Anfield trip for the champions league thanks to Paul fucking Lambert, this thread needs to work wonders today. I want to see Balotelli score, that will help him settle in, I also want to see Lallana start again and play well, more importantly, lets just fucking win.

Enjoy the match Mystic - it's been forever since my last because I left the UK many years ago :(

Atmosphere will hopefully be amazing.

Enjoy the match Mystic - it's been forever since my last because I left the UK many years ago :(

Atmosphere will hopefully be amazing.
Cheers mate, you'll have to find a reason to get back soon for a game, maybe a stop off on your way to Iceland ;)

------------------Ming------------------
Manquillo-Lovren-Sakho-Moreno
------------------Allen------------------
--------Henderson-Lallana----------
-Sterling----Lambert----Coutinho

Don't care about the defence, but lucas should shield them

Henderson allen
Lallana
Borini balotelli

I know I know, Borini should fuck off and die, HOWEVER, I think he could dovetail nicely with Mario.

If it doesn't work then bring on Markovic for Borini and switch to 4-3-3 with Lallana taking up the other wing

Sterling should have been rested for this one; but since he started the last game then:

Don't agree with that. It would be harsh on Sterling who did so much to help get us there to have to watch his first CL game ever and our first CL game in 6 odd years from the bench. He deserves to play in the CL and his first taste will be at Anfield. Long may it continue for him.

Don't care about the defence, but lucas should shield them

Henderson allen
Lallana
Borini balotelli

I know I know, Borini should fuck off and die, HOWEVER, I think he could dovetail nicely with Mario.

If it doesn't work then bring on Markovic for Borini and switch to 4-3-3 with Lallana taking up the other wing

Markovic can't play apparently.

Gerrard will defo play as its a return to the CL and i'd expect a largely similar team to Villa game. Assuming Allen is still out:

I think we'll see:

-------------Mignolet---------------
Manq---Skrtel---Lovren---Moreno
--------------Gerrard-----------------
---------Hendo----Coutinho--------
Lallana-----------------------Sterling
----------------Mario------------------

I don't think Mario can play down the centre on his own (or is used to doing so) and so i'd rather see the below, resting Gerrard for the league:

-------------Lucas-----------
-------Hendo----Lallana---
------------Sterling----------
-------Lambert--Mario-----

Gerrard will defo play as its a return to the CL and i'd expect a largely similar team to Villa game. Assuming Allen is still out:

I think we'll see:

-------------Mignolet---------------
Manq---Skrtel---Lovren---Moreno
--------------Gerrard-----------------
---------Hendo----Coutinho--------
Lallana-----------------------Sterling
----------------Mario------------------

I don't think Mario can play down the centre on his own (or is used to doing so) and so i'd rather see the below, resting Gerrard for the league:

-------------Lucas-----------
-------Hendo----Lallana---
------------Sterling----------
-------Lambert--Mario-----
He did it all season at Milan, I think he just needs time to get back up to pace personally, I'd play him with Lambert this time though.

------------------Ming------------------
Manquillo-Lovren-Sakho-Moreno
------------------Allen------------------
--------Henderson-Lallana----------
-Sterling----Lambert----Coutinho

Allen's ruled out of this game - expected to be ready for West Ham. Got to change my team as well now FFS.

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho 33m
#LFC set to be without Joe Allen again tomorrow night. Welshman hopes to be fit for West Ham on Saturday.

I'm thinking he might go the diamond and give Lambert and Borini a run out? Saying that, as his first ever champions league game he's managed, he might take it mega seriously and put the best team out we've got available as he'd hate to lose it.

He did it all season at Milan, I think he just needs time to get back up to pace personally, I'd play him with Lambert this time though.

Where did Milan finish?

I think he's better off with a partner up top. In fact, I hate our formation and would always play two up front with the diamond behind. It works and we have the players to do it.

Where did Milan finish?

I think he's better off with a partner up top. In fact, I hate our formation and would always play two up front with the diamond behind. It works and we have the players to do it.
Whilst I agree, and Milan finished shite, balo still averaged a goal every 2 games. He suits 1 up top.

That's not to say he couldn't be better with a partner though

Milan have scored 8 goals in two games since becoming Balotelli-less. Ive watched both their games this season on BT sport and they actually look a decent side. I'm not saying its all down to him not being there of course.

I know you like him but he's too fucking lazy to play up front on his own.

Milan have scored 8 goals in two games since becoming Balotelli-less. Ive watched both their games this season on BT sport and they actually look a decent side. I'm not saying its all down to him not being there of course.

I know you like him but he's too fucking lazy to play up front on his own.
I think Milan playing well is down to having a new manager and actively trying to strengthen their squad

Menez does seem a good addition though.

I like the diamond for us anyway, I'd play it happily. I just don't think Lambert would compliment balo

Until Sturridge is fit, I'd be tempted to try Borini

J Allen
Knee Injury
20th Sep 14

E Can
Ankle/Foot Injury
25th Oct 14

D Sturridge
Thigh Muscle Strain
27th Sep 14

M Skrtel
Knee Injury
16th Sep 14

G Johnson
Hip/Thigh Injury
no return date

J Flanagan
Knee Injury
20th Sep 14

With injuries and suspensions we are beginning to look a bit thin on that bench - and now we can see why it may have been better keeping Ibe with us.

--------------------------Mignolet

Manquillo-------Lovren-----Sakho------Moreno

--------------------------Gerrard

-------- Henderson ------------------ Lallana

--------------------------- Coutinho

---------------Sterling---------------Balotelli

Bench : Jones, Enrique, Toure, Lucas, Suso, Lambert, Borini

Balotelli & Lambert up front could well be like having Morientes & Crouch there at the same time (at the moment at least)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom