• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs Ludogorets Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think both of you are right.
We were lucky as they equalized at 90 mins and we were facing a draw, but for a penalty which some refs wouldn't have given.
However, we were the better team (although we were far from brilliant), had our chances (and missed them until Mario's goal) and deserved to win.
@Modo - I hope you're not confusing respect for the underdog who almost got a draw with us not deserving a win.
What piedro and fans said.
We had half chances and most of the possession.
They had the better clearcut chances. A better team would have destroyed us today considering the space we gave them in midfield.
Get Gerrard out of there. Surprises me that he kept his position even when Lucas came on.

They had the better clearcut chances. A better team would have destroyed us today considering the space we gave them in midfield.
Get Gerrard out of there. Surprises me that he kept his position even when Lucas came on.
When lucas came on I thought Gerrard would move forward.

But then we'd lose some mobility going forward

They hit the post once and scored a goal.
We had more than enough chances to score.
I agree that we didn't play well, and a better team might have destroyed us - we'll never know. But we're talking about Ludogorets and not any other team.
Bringing Lucas on alongside a defensive CM Gerrad was very strange. Neither player contibuted much since that sub (penalty aside).

They hit the post once and scored a goal.
We had more than enough chances to score.
I agree that we didn't play well, and a better team might have destroyed us - we'll never know. But we're talking about Ludogorets and not any other team.
Bringing Lucas on alongside a defensive CM Gerrad was very strange. Neither player contibuted much since that sub (penalty aside).
I don't really recall our chances. Coutinho had one, Borini from a corner... Bout it

And Lallana had a couple of chances in the first half.
We'll have to watch the highlights and see.
Lallana was extremely frustrating to watch along with Coutinho.
All he did was miss chances and foul people.
I expect a lot more from him and Coutinho.

Lallana was extremely frustrating to watch along with Coutinho.
All he did was miss chances and foul people.
I expect a lot more from him and Coutinho.
I think it's a case of one or the other.

For me, it's Lallana, just because he has ability and work rate, and Coutinho looks woefully off form

It's significant that Gerrard keeps getting the ball, midway in his own half, when he's facing his own goal. Then he has to spin around, look where everyone is, and then pick a pass. He's always having to run back to get that ball. It's neither one thing nor another as a position. If you want him to dictate play from the back, then have him at the back, looking forward, when he gets the ball. If you want him further forward, but racing back to retrieve the ball, then invent a time machine and take us all back to about 2008. If you want him to be further forward these days, then tell him to stay up there and get Hendo or someone else to go back to bring the ball out.

It's significant that Gerrard keeps getting the ball, midway in his own half, when he's facing his own goal. Then he has to spin around, look where everyone is, and then pick a pass. He's always having to run back to get that ball. It's neither one thing nor another as a position. If you want him to dictate play from the back, then have him at the back, looking forward, when he gets the ball. If you want him further forward, but racing back to retrieve the ball, then invent a time machine and take us all back to about 2008.
For me, that position needs an element of pace, just to turn and move forward

At the moment Gerrard seems to have the turning circle of a tanker

I don't really recall our chances. Coutinho had one, Borini from a corner... Bout it

Manquillo scooped one over the bar in a one-on-one with the keeper.

Come to think of it, that plus the penalty he won means he's made two more forays into the opponents' box than Johnson has in 18 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom