• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool, Wataru upto?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my charitable opinion:

Clearly the original plan was Lavia to understudy Fabinho. Fab left and Lavia didn't arrive, so instead we're going for a new first choice (Doucoure?) plus Endo as a rotation option. If that's what he is, he looks really good; committed, strong, stays fit, decent in most areas. So long as we sign a first choice DM and a LCB then all good.

My less charitable opinion:

We haven't got a first choice DM lined up and I'm not 100% convinced with any option we've been linked with. Doucoure when he was at Lens looked much better than he did at Palace in terms of suiting us. The other midfielders we're linked with don't seem to be DMs at all. And we don't seem to be after a LCB which is baffling to me. Very little of this makes sense.

We just signed a 24 and 22 year old for our midfield rebuild. Supplying it with a 30 year old squad player when we are short on numbers isnt the end of the World. People need to relax a bit, fucking hell.

The other 6 coming in will be younger.

Baby Redondo! Yay!

This isn't a Klopp buy... This is a DoF buy. Was probably asked for a cheap stop gap buy and this was the best he could come up with....

We will see soon enough. If Klopp doesn't rate him and doesn't want him then I doubt he will play him.

I’m okay with this signing as a rotation player for the other DM we sign, but 20+5 million euro? Surely we shouldn’t be paying anything more than about 10+5 at the absolute maximum considering his age and his contract status.

We will see soon enough. If Klopp doesn't rate him and doesn't want him then I doubt he will play him.
Oh I reckon he'll do OK in the dm position. Maybe if a little better than what's there now but this wasn't even an idea 5 days ago.. Panic set in after the embarrassment of last week and they had just get something in with the fear of getting no one...
This isn't a transfer strategy....

If, and it’s a big if, we buy a top quality DM to go along with this signing, then it makes sense. There’s a large lack of experience and leadership now that the old guard have left.

If this is all we get before the end of the window, well…

If, and it’s a big if, we buy a top quality DM to go along with this signing, then it makes sense. There’s a large lack of experience and leadership now that the old guard have left.

If this is all we get before the end of the window, well…

There's talk of Amrabat as well, and I'd have said the same about him as you say about this guy here. Can't help feeling we'd now be better off with just the one and getting our Arsenal into gear to sign a proper first choice in January.

Last edited:
It’s like we suddenly decided that wanted to spend a fortune signing a brand spanking new top of the range Ferrari, headed off to the dealership with cash in hand, and as we were sitting waiting on the keys some flash cunt just walked away with the last one.

To console ourselves with not getting the Ferrari, we’ve treated ourselves to an old beaten up, second hand Toyota Corolla…

It’s like we suddenly decided that wanted to spend a fortune signing a brand spanking new top of the range Ferrari, headed off to the dealership with cash in hand, and as we were sitting waiting on the keys some flash cunt just walked away with the last one.

To console ourselves with not getting the Ferrari, we’ve treated ourselves to an old beaten up, second hand Toyota Corolla…
Because it's Ulez compliant we paid over the odds for it, even though it has 190k miles on the clock and the mot is set expire next month. What is Jorge doing? Hendo who is 31 went for £12m, who is a league and CL winner

Last edited:
We moved really fast for this guy so clearly had already scouted him. He obviously isn't the DM we were after as first choice so here's the issue, we've got Badger and Thiago and now wastrd £15m of our limited budget on a 30 yr old. This only makes sense if Thiago is leaving and we will still get our 1st, 2nd, 3rd choice new DM in before the window slams shut.

Not seen him to know what he'd bring to us as a player, but if we've got someone who will allow us to play Mac Allister as an 8 and Gakpo in the false 9 role, and won't block Baj's pathway to the first team for years, that's reasonable for a stop gap. There's a reason why we were prepared to pay 111 million for Caicedo and less than a fifth for Endo.

... There’s a large lack of experience and leadership now that the old guard have left.
Sorry but no there isn't : Virgil (Dutch captain)' Ali, Robbo (Scotland"s captain), Thiago, Mo (Egpyt's captain) and Szobo is the CZ captain and some others played in a team / squad challenging for 4 titles to the end! How many other squads can boast of 4 national captains? We have tons of experience and leadership.

Because it's Ulez compliant we paid over the odds for it, even though it has 190k miles on the clock and the mot is set expire next month. What if Jorge doing? Hendo who is 31 went for £12m, who is a league and CL winner
And was finished. Rose tinted glasses out in full force.

I think he is in to provide some milner experience for the young ones in the milk cup and when playing against the shit teams from arzebijan and Iceland in the Europa Cup group stages.

Shmud should inform his son to hand over Manu Kone or else he will be chucked out from the beneficiaries in his will.

I'm actually not against a signing nobody heard of or saw coming - it's more that he's 30 which makes no sense. If he was 23 with the same stats it says moneyball or whatever.

Very curious what's still in the tank for us.

Endo seems like a utility guy and maybe a very good one, but we seem to need one big uplifting name in the squad for vibes at a minimum and big Jorg and our negotiating team don't seem to be able to compete so it's gonna depend on who is left and who wants to join our club so desperately their head won't be turned

Shouldn't we at least...I dunno...give the guy a chance first before crucifying him[emoji2377]. He doesn't have to do any spectacular, just protect the back 4. We have enough attacking talent. We need clean sheets. City don't score as many goals as they used to but keep a lot more clean sheets.
No one's crucifying him, we all have see the stats, he is good. Its the price, in the last year of his contract and 31. We are questioning it. If we win the Europa Cup and finished top 4, and he is major part of that, we will stop questioning it

There's a reason why we were prepared to pay 111 million for Caicedo and less than a fifth for Endo.

The reason one costs 110+ and the other 20 has nothing to do with our strategic squad planning (ha!) . Caceido and the amount we were willing to pay for him is not relevant to this conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom