• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool, Wataru upto?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is age a factor in money ball? I mean, in the movie it was all about stats

Moneyball is about exploiting inefficiencies in the market. Finding valuable aspects that are not conventionally valued.

What those specific aspects are changes as successful "Moneyball teams" influence teams to follow.

The best teams using this approach are constantly looking for new areas to exploit. Youth was an inefficiency for a while but now seeing the fees and wages paid for players like Lavia, Caicedo, Enzo, etc, hard to argue it is any longer.

Could be that older players like Milner, Endo, Amrabat that have something to contribute are a new opportunity.

Defensive midfielders were undervalued but not anymore. What will be the tactical shift next to not require paying nine figures for a watercarrier?

Moneyball is about exploiting inefficiencies in the market. Finding valuable aspects that are not conventionally valued.

What those specific aspects are changes as successful "Moneyball teams" influence teams to follow.

The best teams using this approach are constantly looking for new areas to exploit. Youth was an inefficiency for a while but now seeing the fees and wages paid for players like Lavia, Caicedo, Enzo, etc, hard to argue it is any longer.

Could be that older players like Milner, Endo, Amrabat that have something to contribute are a new opportunity.

Defensive midfielders were undervalued but not anymore. What will be the tactical shift next to not require paying nine figures for a watercarrier?
Yep, we found value in Gary McAllister, shocked the entire PL when we signed him.

Man U kinda did the same with Sheringham.

There's probably more examples.

Never seen him play, but i think he will be a fan favourite because of his work rate alone. Whenever ive watched the japanese national team play they all put in a serious shift so i'm expecting a lot of running, tackles and possibly bookings. As long as he just sits there and protects our defence and runs a lot then thats good enough for me right now.

My spider senses tell me this will be a great signing. Japanese players are always totally underrated - and he’s the captain of the national team.

but you know if this is FSGs new reloaded team…

also from Bellers to Endo is some leap..

squawka-wataru-endo-vs-bundesliga-midfielders-since-start-v0-czl8wbxuziib1.jpg

Most aerial duals won for a 5’10 player in the Bundesliga is pretty impressive.

Kinda want to trust the people who watch the Bundesliga regularly on this one.

So how shit is he?

Chirivella?

Poulsen?

Lucas?

Just when you thought our transfer strategy couldn't get any worse we pull this little rabbit out of the hat.

We go from expensive but highly rated teenager to most expensive prem lge transfer back to the highly rated teenager to complete no mark 30 y/o playing for a shit German side that is been sugar coated as highly rated.. If he was that highly rated he wouldn't be playing for a shit team at 30...
Is he paying to play for us or something?

Are we sure Big Jorg isn’t on Everton’s payroll?

mental, i got my figure from your man in anfield agenda
Wouldn't be to bad spending 6m/7m on a player as a back up after we had got an actual target but who buys the back up first? Is this our cover for when other deals fall through...

The question with Schmadtke was always going to be whether he could 'scale up' his knack for signing bargain bucket unknowns for midtable Bundesleague clubs. I think we have our answer.

If you think that was the challenge our owners put to him, you really don't know our owners.

Most aerial duals won for a 5’10 player in the Bundesliga is pretty impressive.

The stats speak for themselves and whilst they can sometimes be deceiving or give a false impression, they certainly do not lie. Obviously a player in there
it's just whether he can make the step up to the Prem and adjust to the pace and physicality.

In some clips he does look like a bit of a baller and can wack a couple of goals from distance too.

If it's 2 things the Japanese are predominantly known for in sport is they're smart and they practically run until their lungs collapse.

Wouldn't be to bad spending 6m/7m on a player as a back up after we had got an actual target but who buys the back up first? Is this our cover for when other deals fall through...
its €19m euros mate. or £16.8m Sterling

Not Raheem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom