• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Loaned players Watch - 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we don't get Ings and Norwich get relegated I'd offer them £5m for Hooper, I'm still convinced he'll score regularly in the EPL given a chance and he'd be a great back up to Sturridge.

But there is so much more to Sturridge's game than goals. Is there to Hooper's? I haven't seen to much of him at all but if he's not playing for Norwich, realistically what chance does he have at Liverpool? It just never happens. He may buck the trend but I would have grave doubts about buying Norwich off-casts.

He's looking very good unfortunately. United fans are in very negative mood obviously and reckon he won't make the grade because he lacks a bit of pace but, as I point out to them, neither did Sheringham. I think he will become a Sheringham type of player as he's very intelligent, strong, great control, a good eye and capable of scoring 20 goals a season while assisting with lots more. Hopefully I'm wrong.

20 goals and lots of assists? Jeepers! Some player.

I agree about pace, though. Speed of thought will help you more.

Zaha is in the same bracket as Sinclair, Adam Johnson etc some skills but no football brain
He's more skillful than Sinclair and faster than Adam Johnson but unless he develops some sort of aggression/will-to-win he is destined for a career in The Championship. The reason I think he could be worth a punt is that he is ridiculously skillful and very fast which are 2 huge bonus points but I'm not sure he has the "balls" for EPL football.

At my last job, I worked with a Palace season ticket holder who had been going to see them for about 20 years. He thought Zaha was massively overrated.
I don't tend to listen to supporters opinions of players, I once had an argument with Northampton Town (Division 2) fans about Bradley Johnson and they laughed when I told them he could play Championship level OR HIGHER. He then went to Leeds in The Championship but struggled. I then debated with Leeds fans about how they've completely mis-used him and he was one of their best players - they suggested I was mad and he was a 2nd division player. To say Leeds fans were gobsmacked when Norwich bought him to play in The EPL is a huge understatement and they were very happy to see him go. He looks very much at home in the EPL.

I do read some lower league forums but never judge a player based on the opinions on show. That said, if I read some rave reviews on a player and then watch him a few times and am unimpressed I will reserve judgement until I've seen him a few more times. Case in point Ulloa of Brighton...the brighton fans love him but I've seen him 6 or 7 times and just don't get it. He reminds me of a less talented Kevin Davies i.e. strong, bustling centre forward but ultimately too one dimensional.....but I could be wrong.

He's more skillful than Sinclair and faster than Adam Johnson but unless he develops some sort of aggression/will-to-win he is destined for a career in The Championship. The reason I think he could be worth a punt is that he is ridiculously skillful and very fast which are 2 huge bonus points but I'm not sure he has the "balls" for EPL football.

What I'm saying is, that fast and skillfull is not enough for a top team.

But there is so much more to Sturridge's game than goals. Is there to Hooper's? I haven't seen to much of him at all but if he's not playing for Norwich, realistically what chance does he have at Liverpool? It just never happens. He may buck the trend but I would have grave doubts about buying Norwich off-casts.
My wife (and others) find it very amusing when I check out all 92 teams at 2:30 on a Saturday and am so agitated and animated at some of the team selections which basically go like this....."Stevenage.......what the fuck! Why is he leaving Freeman and Akins on the bench? What's the point in having Zoko up front if you don't pick players who can get the fucking ball to him.....and I bet if he brings Freeman on he'll take Morais off the clueless prick!. Right now onto MK Dons.........ah for Jaysus sake.......etc etc etc"

So many players careers are blighted by playing under poor managers. Just because Hooper, LeFondre and Maynard have flopped in the EPL does not mean they're not good enough for the EPL, all 3 of them IMO can score goals at this level.

Is Hooper ever going to be as good as Sturridge? No
Is Hooper good value for £5m? IMO yes.

For me Hooper could be our Ole Gunnar Solsjaer type of player - a regular sub with a predatory instinct who can score 10-15 per season for us.

What I'm saying is, that fast and skillfull is not enough for a top team.
Ok put it this way, I've seen Sterling many, many times and Zaha about 20 times....Zaha is more skillful and faster than Sterling but Sterling has enough speed and skill allied to a great attitude (in recent times), a will-to-win, and an inspiring manager ergo his career is blossoming whilst Zaha's is going down the shitter.

Ok put it this way, I've seen Sterling many, many times and Zaha about 20 times....Zaha is more skillful and faster than Sterling but Sterling has enough speed and skill allied to a great attitude (in recent times), a will-to-win, and an inspiring manager ergo his career is blossoming whilst Zaha's is going down the shitter.

Sterling is a smarter player as well.

Sterling is a smarter player as well.
I wouldn't have agreed with you at the start of the season but I think he has learned loads from listening to BR and playing with Suarez, Gerrard et al. The best thing about Sterling is that he's probably going to continue to improve :)

I really don't know in what sense Zaha is more skillful than Sterling. Doing keepy-ups in training or something?

To me Zaha often looks like he's barely in control of his own legs, let alone the ball. The actual tricks a player can do on the ball are almost irrelevant, it's the speed off the mark, their agility, the change of direction, how closely they hold the ball when they're dribbling, and so on. I think in those respects Zaha looks unconvincing, at best.

I really don't know in what sense Zaha is more skillful than Sterling. Doing keepy-ups in training or something?

To me Zaha often looks like he's barely in control of his own legs, let alone the ball. The actual tricks a player can do on the ball are almost irrelevant, it's the speed off the mark, their agility, the change of direction, how closely they hold the ball when they're dribbling, and so on. I think in those respects Zaha looks unconvincing, at best.
He looks so nervous every time he plays in the EPL, I don't know if he'll ever have the "balls" to play at this level BUT he's one of the most skillful player I've seen in The Championship but then he also oozed confidence too.

Are you actually Carragher in disguise?
It's quite sad that I can tell you who played for Shrewsbury* at the weekend and where the manager went wrong with his team selection.

*Shrewsbury or any of the other 91 league clubs.....sad innit.

Illori made his comeback after injury for Granada in today's 1--4 defeat to Malaga.
Reportedly good on the ball put poor against physical challenges and under the high ball.

Armin Hodzic ended his mini drought with a goal to move joint 2nd in the top scorers' chart.

Goal @0.15

Bkj1arzIIAA3x3h.jpg

Armin Hodzic scored again on Saturday

4 more rounds left. Team is currently in 2nd place due to GD (tied at 52 points with leaders).

Came on as a sub in the 52nd min in Nacional's Copa Libertadores match away to Gremio
Sebastian Coates ‏@SebastianCoates Apr 10
very happy to play again! Many thanks to all who have helped me in my recovery! Paulo, Walter, Cali, Diego, coach team and my team mates!\\

Started Nacional's league match on 13 Apr which they won 2-0 at home to Defensor
Sebastian Coates ‏@SebastianCoates 49m
Very happy to return to play in GPC and for the victory today! Congratulations to my team mates!!

Any chance he might still make it or is he as good as gone?

I don't think Brendan rates him at all but who knows? He's still got 2 years left on his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom