• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

lol Coutinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck Coutinho.

He can shove Barcelona up his arse.

I've never really had a Spanish team before but after last night in San Sebastian I'm all for Real Sausage Your Dad. Johnny Aldridge was the first ever non local to play for them too

Manchester United should steer clear of Philippe Coutinho or risk buying another Alexis Sanchez… the Brazilian has cost Barcelona £6.8m per goal since signing - not including wages
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-steer-clear-6-8m-goal-Philippe-Coutinho.html

15406138-7194983-image-a-41_1561794203971.jpg

Just because he didn’t fit in at Barca doesn’t mean he won’t kill at at Utd. He seemed to do ok for us in the Prem. I wouldn’t have him back. I wouldn’t write him off.

I'm rubbish at tables, it looks like Phil's time at Barca was pretty consistent with his time at Liverpool. I will need to have a serious look tomorrow to see what I'm missing..

I'm rubbish at tables, it looks like Phil's time at Barca was pretty consistent with his time at Liverpool. I will need to have a serious look tomorrow to see what I'm missing..

You need to take the stats from the 2016/17 column, the last full season he was busting a gut for us, and compare them to the last column (2018/19), his first full season for Barcelona.

Would he be set up to succeed there? Also he was getting a little found out on his tendency to make space for the curled shot from the edge of the box.

Would he be set up to succeed there? Also he was getting a little found out on his tendency to make space for the curled shot from the edge of the box.
His biggest flaw for us was that he was a defense liability. With our front 3 plus him, made us very soft centered, I think the same shit was raised at Barca, he is not good or capable enough to get the ball back.

His biggest flaw for us was that he was a defense liability. With our front 3 plus him, made us very soft centered, I think the same shit was raised at Barca, he is not good or capable enough to get the ball back.

I wouldn’t entirely agree with this.

With Allison, VVD & Fabinho in the team - Coutinho’s presence wouldn’t have affected us as much in terms of being soft-centered.

If anything there’s a very good argument that the balance has swung too much towards solidity in Midfield - if you accept AOC’s injury affected presence & Keita’s inconsistent debut season.

Let’s say we could get him back for £50mill. Would anyone have him back for that price??...

Will be interesting to see what he goes for. I don’t see him being a £100 mill plus player

I wouldn’t entirely agree with this.

With Allison, VVD & Fabinho in the team - Coutinho’s presence wouldn’t have affected us as much in terms of being soft-centered.

If anything there’s a very good argument that the balance has swung too much towards solidity in Midfield - if you accept AOC’s injury affected presence & Keita’s inconsistent debut season.

First of all @mom - No, don't think we should get him back even for £50M.

Now @StevieM - I don't think having Fab, and VVD will change anything, the problem I have had with Coutinho playing with the other 3 playing is that he offers zero defensive cover. Contrast this with other creative types in rival teams like Bernardo Silva - he actually does fight to get the ball back, and I think Pep looks for creative types that do that to support the midfield. I agree that we have too much of that solidity in midfield but I think we have improved when using Fabinho now, in that Henderson is allowed to advance forward and support the attack, and so is Gini. What has never worked for us is the 3 Stiffs in midfield Gini, Milner, and Henderson - that combination is just terrible for us. Anyway with Ox and Keita we have enough if they can stay fit.

First of all @mom - No, don't think we should get him back even for £50M.

Now @StevieM - I don't think having Fab, and VVD will change anything, the problem I have had with Coutinho playing with the other 3 playing is that he offers zero defensive cover. Contrast this with other creative types in rival teams like Bernardo Silva - he actually does fight to get the ball back, and I think Pep looks for creative types that do that to support the midfield. I agree that we have too much of that solidity in midfield but I think we have improved when using Fabinho now, in that Henderson is allowed to advance forward and support the attack, and so is Gini. What has never worked for us is the 3 Stiffs in midfield Gini, Milner, and Henderson - that combination is just terrible for us. Anyway with Ox and Keita we have enough if they can stay fit.

End of the day - I’m more interested in someone who could step into one or ideally all of the forward 3 positions than Coutinho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom