• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Lucas on course to return in three weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkmacca

6CM Addict
The Windbag's great disciple due back soon, thank god.

Brendan Rodgers has revealed Lucas Leiva is making good progress in his recovery from a thigh injury.
The Brazil midfielder has been sidelined since picking up the problem in the early stages of the Reds' first home Barclays Premier League game of the season against Manchester City on August 26.
While Lucas is still some way away from a first-team return, Rodgers has confirmed he remains on schedule.
"Lucas has been out on the field in the last week or so which is great," said the boss.
"He's not doing multi-directional movements yet but he's doing a lot of straight-line running and endurance work.
"I'm anticipating maybe another three weeks but his professionalism is great and he'll get back probably sooner than is anticipated."

Quite apart from the fact we've missed him as a quality player (the best DM we've got), a fit Lucas could see a return to 2 attacking mids instead of one.

It seems like a long time ago he was a one man midfield dynamo.

Quite apart from the fact we've missed him as a quality player (the best DM we've got), a fit Lucas could see a return to 2 attacking mids instead of one.

Exactly what I said a week or two back.

He can't come back quick enough.

I've gone through the looking glass.

Real actual people who seem normal are actually expecting this actual shitheel to actually transform us.

IT'S FUCKING LUCAS. HE'S FUCKING WANK.

You know DMs? And how I've never known what they were meant to do since Didi left? And I was being peer pressured into believing that I just didn't understand that these shitty bollocks useless players had a purpose? Well what happened was, Joe Allen showed up. He's 10 times the player Lucas ever was... he reminds me of the Kaiser. All between have been chancers. Pointless. Shit.

You know DMs? And how I've never known what they were meant to do since Didi left? And I was being peer pressured into believing that I just didn't understand that these shitty bollocks useless players had a purpose? Well what happened was, Joe Allen showed up. He's 10 times the player Lucas ever was... he reminds me of the Kaiser. All between have been chancers. Pointless. Shit.

You're slowly morphing into Cheddar Bob with that kinda talk.

This dopey cunt from 8 mile.

1040_1345137903.jpg

Woland@Crump@Brenden of old, not BR. What the world is happening in SCM?

This is the first time in Lucas' career that I'm actually looking forward to seeing him in the first team again. But it's more for the tactical flexibility he'll bring to the side than his abilities as such.

He worked himself up to be a decent player over the years, but he's now had two major injury setbacks. It'd be expecting a lot from someone who was exceedingly average for the longest time, and took time to reach a good level, to come back and play at that level.

I know Lucas will always be a figure of derision with Woland for reasons peculiar to Woland himself. :confused:

It still amazes me, however, that a large portion of posters always seem compelled to state that he's "utterly average", "distinctly average", "exceedingly average" or some other tag of nothingness. He was clearly our best performed player last season prior to his injury. He was either our best or in the top 3 best performed players the season before that. I'm not sure what else the guy can do in order to derail these perceptions. What I am sure of is that no matter what he does he won't change the perceptions of many.

It was interesting that while he was clearly out-performing pretty much everyone at the club there appeared a substitue campaign to undermine Johnson as a top shelf RB. Once those outlandish statements were exposed for the nonsense they were then Lucas came back on the agenda........ even though he wasn't on the field.

I've never argued the bollocks that he was better than Gerrard etc but it's always been clear that his technique and touch on the ball were exemplary. It was never much of a step to think that in a side that provided options, movement and played football that such a player would flourish. That he's still an object of contempt with numerous Liverpool supporters remains one of the head-shaking aspects of the modern game.

He can't come back quick enough, we need someone snapping at heels and I think him and Allen as a partnership might give us that bit of steel and stability we've been lacking. Rodgers has Şahin, Shelvey and Gerrard to incorporate too though, so it's going to be interesting. Especially if we buy another forward (whom I'm guessing will get dumped on the right).

He's better than Mikel, Barry, Cleverley and most other DM's in the league however this is entirely due to the fact that the 3 players I mentioned are hugely average. Top DM's like Hamann, Mascher, Makelele, Essien seem to be a dying breed and are therefore very difficult to find but Lucas is nowhere near their level and, although I love his attitude, his forthcoming return does not fill me with any more confidence than I currently have.

He's better than Mikel, Barry, Cleverley and most other DM's in the league however this is entirely due to the fact that the 3 players I mentioned are hugely average. Top DM's like Hamann, Mascher, Makelele, Essien seem to be a dying breed and are therefore very difficult to find but Lucas is nowhere near their level and, although I love his attitude, his forthcoming return does not fill me with any more confidence than I currently have.

Indeed. I still think the mass delusion that he became brilliant all of a sudden was based on him not being complete turd any more. He went from awful to average. Not from average to brilliant.

He had a few crap season before he turned in to a monster of a CM just before he got injured. I am not convinced, but I still do hope, that he will come back being the monster...

I think it was telling in the view from Everton before the derby among the players he most coveted was Lucas. Such a thing would have been unthinkable a few seasons ago. I'm really looking forward to his return.

Indeed. I still think the mass delusion that he became brilliant all of a sudden was based on him not being complete turd any more. He went from awful to average. Not from average to brilliant.

The other factor is the team went from champions league finalist to the relegation zone. So that makes Lucas look great relative to our league position. And also our best players were now far far too good for us, so they either left or became clinically depressed. So again Lucas looks good now and it seems like he has the most fantastic hard-working attitude compared to the others.

But what people forget is what the fuck is the point of working so hard anymore? To finish mid-table? When there were trophies and championships on the line, Lucas was a cunt. Nothing he has done since even comes close to earning my forgiveness. Lucas is only missed in our team because the likes of Gerrard no longer give a single fuck anymore. And the reason they don't give that fuck... is partly down to the likes of Lucas.

I just watched the "Being Liverpool" show, finally, and there was an interesting tidbit there. Rodgers tells Shelvey that he sees him as a part of a midfield 3 with Allen and Lucas, being the one player in that midfield 3 who can score goals consistently. Then he says, Stevie can move to the right flank.

So once Lucas comes back, our midfield will soon be completely reshuffled, Allen moving up, Stevie moving even further up and Shelvey and Şahin in direct competition for the remaining midfield place. That should give us practically an extra attacker which should push our opponents to defend deeper and give up more territory. Finally the system designed for this type of game will be able to find its natural environment.

Sounds promising, but i still want someone better than Lucas as the midfielder who is central to that system...

I just watched the "Being Liverpool" show, finally, and there was an interesting tidbit there. Rodgers tells Shelvey that he sees him as a part of a midfield 3 with Allen and Lucas, being the one player in that midfield 3 who can score goals consistently. Then he says, Stevie can move to the right flank.

So once Lucas comes back, our midfield will soon be completely reshuffled, Allen moving up, Stevie moving even further up and Shelvey and Şahin in direct competition for the remaining midfield place. That should give us practically an extra attacker which should push our opponents to defend deeper and give up more territory. Finally the system designed for this type of game will be able to find its natural environment.

So my suggestion that SG should be playing on the front right position before the season started, which caused a certain poster to say that I couldn't possibly understand how BR's 4-3-3 worked, is exactly how BR imagines his system working. Interesting.

So my suggestion that SG should be playing on the front right position before the season started, which caused a certain poster to say that I couldn't possibly understand how BR's 4-3-3 worked, is exactly how BR imagines his system working. Interesting.

That wasn't me, right? I really don't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom