• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Lucas on course to return in three weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds promising, but i still want someone better than Lucas as the midfielder who is central to that system...

Really? How many teams in the Premier League have "someone better than Lucas" in his position? Probably none.

Well, Yaya Toure is better, but he is not playing as a DM in Man City. Even if we include him, that's only one. Mikel is doing well and is roughly equal to Lucas, but hardly better. Arsenal and United don't have a DM as good as Lucas, let alone better. To be fair, United don't really need a DM as they play 2 in midfield in the Premiership.

Who else?

Before Lucas got injured he was wonderfully effective at DM, like a fucking dynamo of efficiency.

None better at that time.

DMs have become like wingers for most clubs. If you're a really good one then you're too good to play there anymore.

I hope his injury hasnt damaged him in any way as to reduce his best level, after years of scrabbling around being nothing he was finally beginning to show his game intelligence and ability and he was consistently one of our best performers.... I for one will be very pleased to see him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom