• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ludogorets (A) - Wednesday 26th November

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least, as somebody may have already mentioned, that late goal changes nothing... We still have to beat Basle at home, as we would have needed to if they hadn't equalized.
There is that I guess..
Other than Lambert playing himself into the team with a half decent performance, I guess its a positive..

How Johnson just walks into that side as an untouchable is beyond me, he's finished.

I'm actually unsure what Johnson did wrong in this match - other than clean up nicely behind the two CB's a couple of times.

Actually, I thought - largely - our defensive 4 were good; certainly an improvement on what has been there in the last few weeks.

Other than the agenda consumed try-hards everyone could see that, fouls or not, Lucas settled the area just in front of our defense a lot better. Not only that but, while he didn't have a storming game, Gerrard looked much better further forward. With more pace around him a number of his efforts would have led to chances or goals.

Ming is finished for me. First goal was absurd and he should be benched just for that. Second goal - every keeper I've ever heard has always said that a cross from out wide which is coming into the six yard area is their ball. I know the area can be crowded but he's nowhere.

Henderson is so out of form it's difficult to measure it. Stupid touches, stupid passes and lacking composure. When he started slagging Manquillo I nearly climbed through the screen to lamp him.

Sterling tried hard and looked dangerous on occasion but took the wrong option way too many times. His pass for the 2nd goal, however, would excuse almost anything else he does.

Allen was good IMO. He and Lucas both do well at their games but are limited by their physical prowess. Neither are quick enough or strong enough to dominate the area. Allen did well in recycling the ball though - a shame we didn't make more of some space going forward.

Lambert - another start and another goal. Let's not kid ourselves, he's not the answer but he's offering a lot more than any other fit striker we've currently got. In fact, he's offering more than any of them save our man of glass.

About the only thing I could say for Rodgers was that he was pragmatic at the end. Would have been tempting to bring on Coutinho or Lallana but he knew a point was all we needed and anything else made no difference. Maybe that's giving him too much credit but I was pleased he didn't throw someone on at the end in a panic move.

Lambert with a goal in successive games. I thought they may have used him as a target a bit more as he held it up well.

It wouldn't have been a problem at the back post if Moreno had done his job properly at the near post. And lets not forget if sterling had scored that chance when clear through it also wouldn't have mattered. Over the course of the game we can't complain about it being a draw and that's not good enough. Ludogorets have played well in both games against us but their players are european and international no marks compared to our players so we should be beating them. The only player of theirs that i had heard of was Dyakov and that's only because i signed him on a free on FIFA14.

I thought, as obscure European teams go, they weren't bad; had plenty of skill and commitment. They deserved their point.

Their left winger was pretty good. Poor Manquillo, he seems to get the shit end of the stick every game with his man to mark; real baptism of fire for the young lad.

I have run out of sympathy for Brendan after that. He had the players on the bench to wrap that up. Instead he left two fucked 30 somethings on the pitch for ninety minutes.

And incidentally how did he know that a draw was good enough? If Basel had equalised it would have meant us having to beat them by two goals. Really poor performance on and off the pitch tonight. He really needs to sort this shit out but I see no signs that he is capable of it at the minute. Five games now without a win isn't it?

At least we brought it to the last match I suppose.

Their left winger was pretty good. Poor Manquillo, he seems to get the shit end of the stick every game with his man to mark; real baptism of fire for the young lad.

I've got to mention this again.

Manquillo ran his heart out and did well against their most dangerous player. What Henderson thought he was achieving by slagging him at every opportunity is beyond me. Here's a tip Hendo, start passing to your own team mates before you start screaming at them. Damn that pissed me off.

I've got to mention this again.

Manquillo ran his heart out and did well against their most dangerous player. What Henderson thought he was achieving by slagging him at every opportunity is beyond me. Here's a tip Hendo, start passing to your own team mates before you start screaming at them. Damn that pissed me off.
I missed that. Did it happen a few times?

I claim the credit for the draw, because I put a largeish bet on Ludogorets to win at 3/1.

I knew that would do the trick. :)

He left for Barcelona
But we were told by football experts here that Suarez was a scumbag and a shame for this football club. We were told that we would actually be a better side with him gone, and that Mr. Rodgers was a football genius who would bring in the right players and that in the attacking power we'll have we'll have enough goals for us nit to miss Suarez.

I miss Luis Suarez. I wish he was still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom